Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tron: Evolution

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Dec 07, 2010

Disney released a new game to go along with the 2010 film release, Tron Legacy. This game is a prequel to the movie forming a bridge (but not a Jeff bridge) between the original and the 2010 film.

Things Johnny V wasn't supposed to say about Tron Evolution

NTA_Luciana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTA_Luciana

So I met Johnny V at New York Comic Con. I talked to him for about a half hour on two seperate occasions and it was an absolute blast. He told me many things, only a few of which were actually related to Tron, but there are a few things I think you should know that to my knowledge haven't been said elsewhere. To be honest, he never said he wasn't supposed to say any of this stuff, and he told it to multiple people, so I'm not breaking any kind of embargo here.  That said, here we go:

• It's called "Tron Evolution: The Video Game" because the suits forced them to do it. They felt that the visuals of the movie and game were so close that people might be confused between the two, so they forced them to not only change the title, but add "The Video Game" for the sake of clarity.
    • Each platform's version of the game tells a different part of the story. The stories of each version lead directly into each other. I believe the breakdown was DS>Wii>PSP>360>PS3. I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned on the QL, because it seems like a pretty big effin' deal.

It was also at NYCC that I learned that Daft Punk would provide the soundtrack, but that info has gotten out there already, as much as they dodged the question in the QL. Also, the collector's edition comes with tickets to see the movie, but don't tell anyone about that.
    SmAsH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By SmAsH
    @Lucien_Lachance said:
    " So I met Johnny V at New York Comic Con. I talked to him for about a half hour on two seperate occasions and it was an absolute blast. He told me many things, only a few of which were actually related to Tron, but there are a few things I think you should know that to my knowledge haven't been said elsewhere. To be honest, he never said he wasn't supposed to say any of this stuff, and he told it to multiple people, so I'm not breaking any kind of embargo here.  That said, here we go:

• It's called "Tron Evolution: The Video Game" because the suits forced them to do it. They felt that the visuals of the movie and game were so close that people might be confused between the two, so they forced them to not only change the title, but add "The Video Game" for the sake of clarity.
    • Each platform's version of the game tells a different part of the story. The stories of each version lead directly into each other. I believe the breakdown was DS>Wii>PSP>360>PS3. I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned on the QL, because it seems like a pretty big effin' deal.
     It was also at NYCC that I learned that Daft Punk would provide the soundtrack, but that info has gotten out there already, as much as they dodged the question in the QL. Also, the collector's edition comes with tickets to see the movie, but don't tell anyone about that. "
    Somehow I don't believe the second point is true. Sounds like bs to me.
    nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By nintendoeats
    @SmAsH said:
    " @Lucien_Lachance said:
    " So I met Johnny V at New York Comic Con. I talked to him for about a half hour on two seperate occasions and it was an absolute blast. He told me many things, only a few of which were actually related to Tron, but there are a few things I think you should know that to my knowledge haven't been said elsewhere. To be honest, he never said he wasn't supposed to say any of this stuff, and he told it to multiple people, so I'm not breaking any kind of embargo here.  That said, here we go:

It was also at NYCC that I learned that Daft Punk would provide the soundtrack, but that info has gotten out there already, as much as they dodged the question in the QL. Also, the collector's edition comes with tickets to see the movie, but don't tell anyone about that. "
    Somehow I don't believe the second point is true. Sounds like bs to me. "
    Yes. I would beleive it if the PS3 and 360 were the same, but making them different is BIZARRE. Are you sure that you didn't misunderstand him?
    NTA_Luciana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NTA_Luciana
    @nintendoeats said:
    " @SmAsH said:
    " @Lucien_Lachance said:

Somehow I don't believe the second point is true. Sounds like bs to me. "
    Yes. I would beleive it if the PS3 and 360 were the same, but making them different is BIZARRE. Are you sure that you didn't misunderstand him? "
    I'm absolutely positive that I didn't misunderstand him. He broke it down himself. I thought that info would have gotten out there by now, but it hasn't, so yeah. If you don't believe I actually met him, check his Twitter, which is now open for all to see.
    jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By jorbear
    @Lucien_Lachance: Yeah that 2nd point is crazy. But we all know Johnny V, he can't keep his darned mouth shut...
    ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ImpendingFoil

That is fucking batshit insane if that is true for the second point.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Red12b

holy shit that last point is cracy

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By AhmadMetallic

ok

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BulletproofMonk
    @Lucien_Lachance said:

• Each platform's version of the game tells a different part of the story. 

No fucking way.
    hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By hero_swe

sssssssssssure
    Mrskidders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Mrskidders

Nah.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By chilibean_3

Point 1 isn't true anymore.  Point 2 was probably never true.

NTA_Luciana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NTA_Luciana

All you guys calling bullshit can take it up with Johnny V. You calling him a liar? Yeah, I don't think so.

SockLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SockLobster

Yeah turns out its true but the 360 and PS3 versions are the same

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Ramone
    @Lucien_Lachance said:
    "All you guys calling bullshit can take it up with Johnny V. You calling him a liar? Yeah, I don't think so."

What stops Johnny V from lying?  

Also this thread is stupid. The first point everyone already figured out and the second one isn't something he wasn't supposed to say

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.