Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tron: Legacy

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released May 2011

Tron: Legacy is a pinball machine based on the movie of the same name.

Was a "Flynn's Arcade" machine to much to ask for?

bulletstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By bulletstorm

This was on the top games forums (for some reason) but anyways, when I read "Tron-themed pinball machine" fuck if I wished it had been totally meta and had, either Flynn or Encom stuff all over it! 

That being said, its a very nice looking machine from those pictures... but how would one find a machine to play anyways? 
    Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#2  Edited By Brackynews

@BulletStorm:

You posted this a long time ago now, but just to answer your whereabouts question, the main places I find arcade machines are, in order of the quantity of games they have:

1. Dedicated arcades - few and far between now, often 50% ticket games, often advertise as great kids birthday party destinations, often part of a minigolf course or some other amusement centre.
    2. Airports
    3. University game rooms - most of the business comes from hourly computer use for Starcraft, WoW, etc.
    4. Movie theatres
    5. Bars

In all cases you are lucky when the person in charge of procurement is also a game player, otherwise it's really up to the companies to push new game sales. That's the difference between someone ordering a new TRON pin to play it, versus waiting until there's some spare budget and a good lease on a second hand machine to get "something new". :)

And of course there are several gaming conventions, but you need to have your travel and timing plans figured out for that.

EDIT: I forgot, Stern keeps a database that anyone can add to. Even machines not made by Stern. It doesn't appear that they automatically add whoever they sell to, so it's probably voluntary. I'm fairly confident there are more than 3 TRON machines in Canada, but there ya go...

http://www.sternpinball.com/Play.aspx

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.