Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tropico 3

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

EL PRESIDENTÉ! In Tropico 3, you play as a dictator on a Caribbean island trying to become as wealthy and successful as possible.

Tropico 3 resetting each time I start it?

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By CastroCasper

I just bought the Tropico 3 pack in the Steam Midweek Madness sale. The pack came with with the Special Steam Edition and the Absolute Power pack. I installed it, played a little bit, had 3 different saves and quit to menu. I came back the next day and when I started it up and it asked for the CD-key again, which I thought was weird. After typing in the CD-key it brings me to the main menu like it was the first time I was playing the game. The "Continue" option is grayed out and the "Load Game" menu is empty. I have tried this about 4 or 5 times and each time I close out the game and come back, it asks for the CD-key and all my saves are gone.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but it didn't solve the problem. The only support on Steam is a link to the forum for the game, so I signed up for an account and posted a forum about it, but no one has answered yet. Does anyone here have any ideas that may fix this problem?

Thanks

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.