Twelve is a character from the Street Fighter III series. Part of the G-Project, a biological warfare operation run by a mysterious organization under the control of Gill
, Twelve is a genetically-engineered mutant.
Twelve's only Street Fighter appearance to date is Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
, though his name is incorrectly spelled as "Tweleve" in that game's pre-match VS screen. He has also appeared in SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters Clash.
Whilst he can theoretically take on virtually any form, Twelve's default appearance is as a milky-white semisolid male human. His body is generally smooth and featureless. His head is equally smooth and sloped like a helmet with a pair of thin, black eyes set above an expressionless, narrow mouth. Though he can alter his shape, the transformation is not perfect: he will maintain his coloring even on details such as clothing.
Aside from copying his opponents' quips and uttering "target" and "complete", Twelve is only capable of expressing himself in a binary code cypher. His victory speeches are:
- 01011.01111 = "KO"
- 01011.01001.01100.01100 = "KILL"
- 10000.00001.01001.01110 = "PAIN"
- 00101.01101.00001.01111 = "EMAO"
- 00100.00101.00001.10100.01000 = "DEATH"
- 00101.11010.01010.01111.00010 = "EZ JOB"
- 00110.01001.01110.01001.10011.01000 = "FINISH"
- 10100.01000.00101.00101.01110.00100 = "THE END"
Twelve is the ultimate result of Gill's "G-Project," headed by Dr. Kure and overseen by Gill's brother, Urien
, whom Twelve considers to be his father. A mimetic genetic creation, Twelve is able to assume the forms of other people and change the shape of any part of his body to fit the task at hand. He is also extremely resistant to damage and slavishly obedient, making him the perfect soldier. Once Twelve was declared a success, mass production began, and the original was sent on a special mission: locate and retrieve Necro
, the original G-Project prototype, and Effie
, Necro's companion and the one who freed him from the laboratory. In the game, when Necro encounters Twelve, Twelve is accompanied by several more of his "brothers" before he decides to fight Necro himself.
Gameplay and Techniques
Twelve's unusual fighting style extends to more than simply transforming his limbs into axes, spikes and other weapons. He is the only character with an air dash, which can alter the arcs of his jumps. He can also "crawl" on the floor, allowing him to remain mobile while evading many ranged attacks. Twelve can also render himself invisible for a short time using his taunt. His X.C.O.P.Y. super move transforms him into a copy of the opponent, allowing him to use any of that characters' standard moves. He is considered to be low tier character however, due to his limiting non-EX moves and low stamina.
- N.D.L - Twelve shoves both hands into the ground and sprouts them up further along the stage, whipping opponents as they come up. The different punches dictate the distance the hands move.
- A.X.E - Twelve turns his hands into whips and lashes them violently in both directions. Can also be done in the air.
- D.R.A - Can only be done in the air, Twelve transforms into a strange bird-like creature, and torpedoes downwards toward the opponent.
- X.N.D.L. - The super version of N.D.L, Twelve does the original ground stab but hits many more times.
- X.F.L..A.T. - A crazy good looking version of his D.R.A move, if the first hit connects he juggles them with all angles of bird stabbing.
- X.C.O.P.Y - Twelve MORPHS into the opponent, taking their move list. He also gets a decent defense and attack boost, but it only lasts for the bar length. The effectiveness can vary, as many characters rely on their super and ex moves to do the bulk of the damage. Mostly used in casual play.