Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Two Worlds II

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Sequel to the cult hit action RPG Two Worlds, Two worlds II takes place years after the original and follows the story of the character from the first Two Worlds as he continues his struggle to defeat Lord Gandohar.

I'm shocked

Duke_of_IRL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Duke_of_IRL

This game is.. really good. I can't really believe I'm saying that. I played the first to completion and actually ended up having some amount of enjoyment with it, albeit mostly sarcastic "lol im playin 2 worlds" enjoyment. The sequel is legitimately good so far. Nearly every awful aspect of the first was changed for the best, while leaving in things that were already fine. We hear the whole "the devs have listened to your complaints" speech often, but in this case I think Reality Pump actually genuinely did so. They cared a lot, and it shows.

I found the beginning of the game to be a little meh, but once things start rolling and you're off the tutorial island, it gets ADDICTING. I have no idea what it is about it, but here it is ten hours after I started playing. Told myself I'd play it for an hour to feel it out and just totally lost track of time. I can't remember the last time that happened. And despite clocking this amount of time in, I've barely scratched the surface. I'm still on Chapter 1 in the story. Game is monstrous apparently. I spent half of that time just sidequesting and taking in the scenery.

This post is longwinded and unfocused but I just had to share my initial reaction. I still can't really believe I'm playing the sequel to Two Worlds and genuinely having a great time with it. And being an American I had to import this thing and pay extra, and so far I feel it was entirely worth it.

PS: Voice work is still kind of ass. It's not earbleedingly-bad Shakespearean, but let's just say the quality ranges from homeless man paid with a 40oz to actual professionals.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By benpack

Doesn't that game not come out until January?

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By FancySoapsMan
    @GlenTennis: it's already out in europe.

what platform are you playing on? I'm pre-ordering for maybe, but I'm wondering if the console versions will be good as the PC version.
    benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By benpack
    @FancySoapsMan said:
    " @GlenTennis: it's already out in europe.  what platform are you playing on? I'm pre-ordering for maybe, but I'm wondering if the console versions will be good as the PC version. "
    I see. I'm actually interested in this game, I wanna see how it reviews.
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By keyhunter

I liked the stupid ye olde shakespearian english. It made everything way more fun. Also: Fuck yeah two worlds. I can't wait to get the sequel.

Dejkrigeren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dejkrigeren

Oh fuck, you just reminded me that I need to check on my village.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By turbomonkey138

The first game was shit . It would have to be the best gamer ever made for me to consider getting it .

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By niamahai

are you playing it on the consoles or on the PC?

Duke_of_IRL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Duke_of_IRL

I'm playing it on the PC.

I've read a little bit of people's thoughts on various forums, and so far it seems positive for all versions. Haven't read any console-specific complaints. In fact most of the people who have the game, imported or actually live in Europe, seem to have went with the console versions.

For PC players the game is pretty friendly with tweaking. I've changed values on the horses to make riding them suck a bit less. Yeah, horseriding still sort of blows. It's one of those deals where you have to keep hammering a button to keep the horse at speed, not just "hold down button, horse runs" ala RDR or something similar. I realize RDR required button-hammering to sprint, but TW2 requires button-hammering to even get the thing to take a single step. What's neat about the horseriding mechanic though is if you hammer the button too much/fast, the horse gets pissed and bucks you off.

What also struck me is that towns are a lot more fleshed out. Almost feels like Assassin's Creed in ways, which isn't helped by the fact that the first major town you come across is a sort of Middle Eastern-style one complete with rooftop access. If you're running through the town and bump into someone and a guard sees this, a sword pops up in the top right that slowly fills with red. Keep bumping into civilians and acting like an asshole and you draw hostile attention from the guards. Traders yell out advertising their wares, citizens will pick up food from vendor's booths and eyeball it, people walk around from one place to the next actually doing things, etc. World just has a lot more life in general.

If you guys have any specific questions feel free to ask. I'm apparently the only goofball who paid double the price to import it, so I might as well fill you in on specific aspects you're curious about before it's stateside.

Duke_of_IRL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Duke_of_IRL

Hahahaha, I was walking through a bar when a guy stopped me and this exchange happened.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By McGhee
    @Duke_of_IRL:  
    LOL Awesome, this game looks like it's worth checking out.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By ch13696

Is the first one worth the $20 price point on Steam?

Duke_of_IRL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Duke_of_IRL

$20? No. But at GOG.com, they sell the Epic Edition for $10 and it's also a digital download. But be aware that the game is super unpolished and the word "janky" was invented to describe it.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ryanwho

My take away from Two worlds 2: 
    Your dude runs real fast. Lockpicking is fun. Fuck the last boss. 
    The end.

Duke_of_IRL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Duke_of_IRL

The lockpicking is definitely great. First time I can remember where a game's lockpicking mechanic was actually enjoyable instead of a pain in the ass chore to get through.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#16  Edited By armaan8014
    @Duke_of_IRL: Yep I just started and I'm loving it as well. I kind of ran away when I had to talk to the Prophet in the start and started swimming in a river,  jumped off a waterfall swam deep in the ocean, infiltrated a grom camp and got killed. Super fun!
    FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By FancySoapsMan

How's the multiplayer?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.