Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Two Worlds II

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Sequel to the cult hit action RPG Two Worlds, Two worlds II takes place years after the original and follows the story of the character from the first Two Worlds as he continues his struggle to defeat Lord Gandohar.

Two Worlds 2 sequel is in development plus additional info

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
    deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

I was surprised the original Two Worlds had a sequel back when it came out.

This surprises me even more.

I should get around to playing those games some time just to see what's up.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I thought the previous Two Worlds games were rough as anything but had a certain charm, particularly the first one, which was an off-brand Oblivion with an interesting crafting system and hilarious voice acting.

burgavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Oh right, I always meant to pick up TwoWorlds II but never got around to it. I played the first one and although it was a bit of a clunker it had a certain something going for it. The world although as much generic fantasy as oblivion actually managed to do a better job on the variety end with different types of terrain and I kind of liked the look of it better than Oblivion. The writing and overall game play were not up to par though and the mocap'ed fighting system couldn't save it from mediocraty.

I remember them touting the inovative magic system in TW2 which seemed interesting at the time since I feel this is where the Elderscrolls games have kind of been going backwards.

anyway I'll be interested to see what this ends up being.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@dave_tacitus said:

I thought the previous Two Worlds games were rough as anything but had a certain charm, particularly the first one, which was an off-brand Oblivion with an interesting crafting system and hilarious voice acting.

As a huge fan of Oblivion back in the day, I gamefly'd Two Worlds around the time it came out just to see if it would scratch that open world RPG itch.

It did not.

I couldn't get more than a couple hours into it before the terrible voice acting, clunky controls, ugly visuals, and overall shoddiness got to me.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

Just finally installed TW2 last night after hearing about this. I spent about 10 hours in the first game and couldn't explain why. I thought it was pretty bad but at the same time, like others have said, it had...something. I think my favorite thing was how you could combine two like-items to make a more powerful/resistant item.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I remember liking what I played ofTwo Worlds 2. Like a lot of European-developed RPGs, it has more heart than budget, but I do remember the crafting and magic systems being genuinely neat.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I have the velvet-boxed edition of Two Worlds II, and drove the the US (I'm in Canada) to pick it up and buy American candy at a sketchy Albertsons. That is how much I am a sucker for Euro-jank. Bring it on.

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

Two worlds too furious

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man. I loved both games. I'm a sucker for this kind of RPG's though. And I don't really know what it is exactly about them. But I enjoy them. I honestly don't think I've played one I didn't enjoy on some level. So looking forward to Two Worlds 3. Which reminds me, I still need to play Risen 3.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

Wow...just wow. I actually played through the entirety of the first game and has some fun with it, but never played more than a couple hours of the second. I guess I might have to dive back in to it. Now they need to make them backwards compatible on Xbox One to try and boost some DLC sales and get people playing that multiplayer.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

What's the dumbest name they can think of for a sequel?

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

What's the dumbest name they can think of for a sequel?

Ummmm . . .

Two Worlds Three: Part II Deux, Special GOTY Edition?

Also, I'm strangely fond of the original Two Worlds. It managed to be so bad and yet somehow so earnest at the same time. Two Worlds II, though. That game sucked monkey balls.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I got this mixed up with 2human... Then I remember that video... Then I was happy

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.