Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

A standalone update to Marvel vs Capcom 3 featuring new modes, characters, stages, an enhanced online experience, and large-scale rebalancing of core systems and the existing roster.

UMvC3 TGS, NYCC rumours, Phoenix Wright briefly detailed

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#1  Edited By StarvingGamer

Culled from 4chan by someone on NeoGAF, best taken with a grain of salt. Keep in mind this may be from the person who leaked the full UMvC3 roster on 4chan days before Lupinko did.

Some choice bits:

Iron Fist - Plays like a cross between MODOK and Jam Kuradoberi from GG, martial artist that charges up his attacks to multiple levels.

Rocket Raccoon - Fast but limited melee options, normals cause him to pull out different guns with an impact on his speed based on weapon size

Vergil - Think DMC3 similar to the way Dante translated with all of his moves, that means summoned swords which have me hyped since it's the closest I'm going to get to Spiral

Phoenix Wright - Comical stumbling keep-away character with a Lvl3 OBJECTION! counter Hyper Combo, reminiscent of this guy:

Frank West -TVC, that's all you need to know

Nova - Mid-screen monster, similar to Firebrand in that many of his moves put him into a fly state and he's speedy to boot

Bonus for MvC3 owners will be the original DLC costumes (Iron Patriot, Sparda, Top Cop, classic Thor, SF1 Ryu, S.T.A.R.S. Chris) at no cost lolol sucks to be someone who already bought it.

Iron Fist, Rocket Raccoon, Vergil and Phoenix Wright reveals at TGC, along with a newer build and announcements for most of the other features, everything else will be at NYCC. Game balance testing is being done by numerous top-level tournament players playing the game for hours every day.

New stages will be Danger Room with X-Men cameos, Outer Space (Galactus battle?), Metro City with cameos by characters from past MvC games (ultimate troll would be to put Mega Man in the background), and a midnight Asgard.

I can't fucking wait, why can't it be Nov 15 already!?

jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By jkuc316
    @StarvingGamer: Always delivering news, thanks!
    Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By LordXavierBritish

I can't wait to see some gameplay of these guys, especially Phoenix.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By StarvingGamer

@jkuc316: The soul still burns!

I just wish more people were as stupidly excited about this game as I am o_O

jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By jkuc316
    @StarvingGamer: Don't worry, I am too. And so are a bunch of my friends(Fighting game addicts, mostly Capcom ones)
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Well, that info about Wright is fairly obvious from the get-go (except for maybe the "OBJECTION" Hyper being a lvl 3), but I'll accept anything that I can get.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By StarvingGamer

@FluxWaveZ: I find it telling that he's going to be keepaway as well, maybe he'll have a lot of character cameos as specials? A steel samurai special assist would be amazing, or a wendy oldbag as a cop or spaceman. Godot could come out and throw coffee or frananziska could do the obvious.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @StarvingGamer: Oh man... We had a thread way before the UMvC3 reveal in the MvC3 boards where we were discussing why Phoenix Wright wasn't included in the game. I had said something like I couldn't see Wright punching and kicking as that just isn't his character but they could have made him something like an MvC2 Jill where a lot of his specials, if not all, are him basically calling assists of character cameos from the Ace Attorney universe. 

I'd love it if it actually turned out that way.
    rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By rbysjti

I hope it's not true

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @rbysjti said:
    I hope it's not true
    What?
    rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

Bonus for MvC3 owners will be the original DLC costumes (Iron Patriot, Sparda, Top Cop, classic Thor, SF1 Ryu, S.T.A.R.S. Chris) at no cost lolol sucks to be someone who already bought it.

Dude... That is weak. I didn't buy the DLC but punishing those who did? Those who gave you the most support. That is so Capcom :P

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By StarvingGamer

@Rufi91: Yeah it's super shitty if true, but they probably didn't have the time/budget to generate additional content and figured it would be ok since only 10 people actually bought the costume pack.

Expect internet outrage if this gets announced officially.

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rbysjti
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    @rbysjti said:
    I hope it's not true
    What?
    that Phoenix Wright is a joke character that has moves similar to Norimaru. NO way!
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Bestostero

Phoenix Wright is a joke character, why the hell is he in a fighting game?

RoyCampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By RoyCampbell
    @StarvingGamer said:

@FluxWaveZ: I find it telling that he's going to be keepaway as well, maybe he'll have a lot of character cameos as specials? A steel samurai special assist would be amazing, or a wendy oldbag as a cop or spaceman. Godot could come out and throw coffee or frananziska could do the obvious.

No Caption Provided
    That s0und5 gr34t, d00d! LOL!
    rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By rbysjti

Phoenix Wright is not a joke character.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @rbysjti said:
    Whatever you tell yourself, the mere fact that Wright is in the game is a joke. He is a joke character, just maybe not in the OG Dan or 3rd Strike Sean kinda way. 

Also, achievement list has been leaked. There are mini character portraits of yet unrevealed characters in some of them.
    rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By rbysjti
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    @rbysjti said:
    Whatever you tell yourself, the mere fact that Wright is in the game is a joke. He is a joke character, just maybe not in the OG Dan or 3rd Strike Sean kinda way. 

Also, achievement list has been leaked. There are mini character portraits of yet unrevealed characters in some of them.

I don'tthink they'll make hima joke character especially that he is a lawyer and a lawyer is a serious profession.
    jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#19  Edited By jacksukeru

I always imagined that they'd make Phoenix into a assist cameos character in the vein of that Doronjo(something) woman from TvC. I don't especially like that sort of character but it's probably the best fit for Nick.

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By rbysjti

Anyway, with the video posted on the first post, Blackheart is so awesome!

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#21  Edited By XenoNick

As much as I will hate myself, I will at some point pick this up. The addition of Vergil and Nemesis is just a bit to tempting. I am one of those fucked over since I got the costume pack when I had some spare points...

*Yells at the sky* FUCK YOUUUUUUUU CAPCOM!!!!!!!!

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @rbysjti
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    @rbysjti said:

I don'tthink they'll make hima joke character especially that he is a lawyer and a lawyer is a serious profession.
    But Phoenix Wright is anything but a serious lawyer. There's a major madcap, slapstick feel to all the Ace Attorney games and since he's no fighter, that sort of inadvertent slapstick fighting style would fit him perfectly.

Don't mistake joke for weak. While all his attacks may be comedy based that doesn't mean he won't be effective. During a PAX interview Seth said that he's still not sure if Phoenix Wright is an alright character or an amazing character. I'm banking on top tier.
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#23  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Free costumes. Oh boy. That totally makes up for paying $60 for a game that has a new version coming out the same year with more content at a lower price! Seriously? They couldn't at least give us Jill or squid guy? No? Ugh. 

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @MooseyMcMan said:
    They couldn't at least give us Jill or squid guy? No? Ugh. 
    Then those who bought those DLC characters would be more pissed than you are.
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#25  Edited By MooseyMcMan
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    @MooseyMcMan said:
    Then they could give those people a free DLC for UMvC3. I don't know! The whole thing just makes me angry! Not so much at Capcom as at myself for not realizing this would happen. 
    rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By rbysjti
    @StarvingGamer said:
    @rbysjti
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    @rbysjti said:

But Phoenix Wright is anything but a serious lawyer. There's a major madcap, slapstick feel to all the Ace Attorney games and since he's no fighter, that sort of inadvertent slapstick fighting style would fit him perfectly. Don't mistake joke for weak. While all his attacks may be comedy based that doesn't mean he won't be effective. During a PAX interview Seth said that he's still not sure if Phoenix Wright is an alright character or an amazing character. I'm banking on top tier.
    I don't like the joke character idea. But if he's top tier, then it might be ok.
    willy7867

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By willy7867

I really hope iron fist doesn't have moves that need to be charged to be any good like Modok.

JDreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By JDreams
    @MooseyMcMan said:
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    @MooseyMcMan said:
    Then they could give those people a free DLC for UMvC3. I don't know! The whole thing just makes me angry! Not so much at Capcom as at myself for not realizing this would happen. 
    It would be pretty hard to give free DLC to the people who got Jill and Shuma, and if they then gave those people free DLC, people like you would still bitch and moan that they got free things and you didn't.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Maybe they have two more 5 dollar characters at launch, if you bought Jill and Shuma, you get 'em. Or Jill and Shuma are still DLC and if you bought the originals you get them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.