Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

On an expedition to find the mythical "Atlantis of the Sands" in the heart of the Arabian Desert, Nathan Drake and his partner, Victor Sullivan, encounter a deceptive organization led by a ruthless dictator. Terrible secrets unfold, causing Drake's quest to descend into a bid for survival.

Finished Uncharted 3

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By JCGamer

Man, this was a very frustrating yet beautiful game. I switched over to the "modified" controls early on but never really got a hang of the shooting--it just felt a bit too loose. I think I have the exact same problem with the first 2 games tough, but this game seemed worse. I kind of felt like the game was really boring until the ship stage where it got really awesome, but that was only the back 3rd of the game. I kind of think that this is one of those games that the gaming industry thinks is great because it is just so cinematic but in my opinion did not really top tier in the "game" department. I felt like the movement and shooting just seemed a bit off. The scenes were you are chasing or running from something have the worst fail state moments I can recall in recent gaming--I mean it is all trial and error and if you fail--just start over and try and try again. I also thought the story just just "meh" And what was the deal with these ancient places Drake visits that no one in a thousand years has been, but the lights are still on.

The puzzles were also just an example of lazy game design where the designers really couldn't figure out how to give you contextual information on how to figure out the puzzles so they give you a book with the answers drawn in.

And what is up with Elena--did her character model look kind of weird in some levels? And what was with all the dudes in suits you fight, kind of boring.

I thought the game was OK. but man, nothing that deserved all the praise it has gotten.

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JCGamer

Man, this was a very frustrating yet beautiful game. I switched over to the "modified" controls early on but never really got a hang of the shooting--it just felt a bit too loose. I think I have the exact same problem with the first 2 games tough, but this game seemed worse. I kind of felt like the game was really boring until the ship stage where it got really awesome, but that was only the back 3rd of the game. I kind of think that this is one of those games that the gaming industry thinks is great because it is just so cinematic but in my opinion did not really top tier in the "game" department. I felt like the movement and shooting just seemed a bit off. The scenes were you are chasing or running from something have the worst fail state moments I can recall in recent gaming--I mean it is all trial and error and if you fail--just start over and try and try again. I also thought the story just just "meh" And what was the deal with these ancient places Drake visits that no one in a thousand years has been, but the lights are still on.

The puzzles were also just an example of lazy game design where the designers really couldn't figure out how to give you contextual information on how to figure out the puzzles so they give you a book with the answers drawn in.

And what is up with Elena--did her character model look kind of weird in some levels? And what was with all the dudes in suits you fight, kind of boring.

I thought the game was OK. but man, nothing that deserved all the praise it has gotten.

OhdK2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By OhdK2

know what you mean. i thought it was good fun, and i loved 2, but it just felt like it was trying so hard to be more of the same.. and the shooting got really frustrating after a while

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By joshthebear

I stoppe playing when I got to the desert village after the plane crash. I don't really have any feelings of actually wanting to finish it. The shooting and movement just seem awful and I feel like they didn't really need U3 at this moment.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Klei

Goddamned you guys have insane standards when it come to the UC series. How on Earth could they improve uppon UC2? They couldn't! They just did another adventure, without being too identical to what we've already had and that's it!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee

Yeah, Elena looked radically different in U3. Her lips were more pursed and full. Also I agree that Uncharted 3 doesn't deserve a lot of its praise as well, or at least the near perfect scores and 5 star reviews; the campaign was OK but didn't come anywhere close to topping Uncharted 2 speaking both for its story and its set-pieces. The multiplayer is pretty fantastic, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.