Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

On an expedition to find the mythical "Atlantis of the Sands" in the heart of the Arabian Desert, Nathan Drake and his partner, Victor Sullivan, encounter a deceptive organization led by a ruthless dictator. Terrible secrets unfold, causing Drake's quest to descend into a bid for survival.

London Underground on 2nd Playthough (spoilers)

usgrovers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By usgrovers

So I began my Crushing playthrough the other day, and going through the London Underground escape sequence I noticed something... The game is ambiguous as to whether or not its supernatural elements are actually occurring or not. So as I'm fighting through the nameless henchmen at the end of the level, I noticed something strange about the snipers:

I noticed that you can never really see them, and that their heads appear similar to the "demons" encountered in the Atlantis of the Sands level. Also, you never kill the snipers, they just vanish when you clear the closer enemies. Am I just crazy or did anyone else notice this?

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RE_Player1

I didn't notice that but it makes me want to go back and play it again to see it for myself.

Moody_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Moody_yeti

Yeah noticed it when i was going through on crushing, As I was taking more time to look at stuff and see wtf was happening.

Avatar image for ultimatepunchrod
    ultimatepunchrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ultimatepunchrod

I noticed that you never saw them, but I figured that was just a gameplay thing so you'd always have to worry about sniper fire. I'll have to check out the head thing though.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By N7

I could have sworn they said that those demon guys appear on Crushing, since you've already beaten the game and all to get it.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Commisar123

Nope, I didn't see anything like that. I just assumed the snipers moved on after I cleared out the bad guys. that being said they never really explain any of the supernatural stuff, which is one of my big problems with the game as a whole.

usgrovers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By usgrovers

This video shows fairly well what I'm talking about at 1:55. There is no way this guy killed the snipers because he's rather terrible, and it doesn't appear that this is Crushing. You can see at 2:20 that there are no sniper bodies and they're nowhere to be found.

hemmelight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hemmelight

I played through the game on Normal and saw the same thing the first time through. I just think it was a weird design choice. I didn't think it was anything supernatural. Just an odd thing to see. If you're a good shot then you can actually kill some of those guys, but they just keep appearing. Atleast the ones on the other side of the gate in the subway do.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By monkeyking1969

I don't think you are seeing anything.  At the point in the game...nobody is drugged....thus no supernatural things are going on. 
    MikeyA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By MikeyA

Safer to assume that Naughty Dog just blew their writing like they did by putting the purple men in suits at the end of UC2.

Compared to its mind blowing predecessor, Uncharted 3 was just so undercooked on so many levels.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.