Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

On an expedition to find the mythical "Atlantis of the Sands" in the heart of the Arabian Desert, Nathan Drake and his partner, Victor Sullivan, encounter a deceptive organization led by a ruthless dictator. Terrible secrets unfold, causing Drake's quest to descend into a bid for survival.

Uncharted 3 Beta, it was a blast!

TanoPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By TanoPrime

I enjoyed my time with it immensely and it's a pity I won't be jumping up and down a wall like a retard again until the fall.  There were a few offerings that I felt fell flat such as Co-op Hunter and Team Objective can be a headache if your squad wasn't up to snuff but overall, the multiplayer system is strong in my opinion.  So, until November, memories....  

TanoPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By TanoPrime

I enjoyed my time with it immensely and it's a pity I won't be jumping up and down a wall like a retard again until the fall.  There were a few offerings that I felt fell flat such as Co-op Hunter and Team Objective can be a headache if your squad wasn't up to snuff but overall, the multiplayer system is strong in my opinion.  So, until November, memories....  

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Still far too many Deathmatch variants, but the overall improvement on the shooting, customisation options and more cinematic levels have already definitely pushed U3's multiplayer over U2's for me. And yeah, five months wait now... bloody unbearable ='(

TanoPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TanoPrime
    @Abyssfull
    Agree on the deathmatch issue...I don't think I even bothered with the 3 man version as it just seemed like it would be a FFA, just with 2 people I can't kill.
    jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By jkuc316
    @TanoPrime: Actually, It was kinda of FFA and TDM combined. You get a partner and the 2 other teams get a partner, and then you kill each other. It's really fun while with a two man party
    TanoPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TanoPrime
    @jkuc316
    I think the main reason I avoided the smaller team games was because of a bad Co-op hunter match.  The first time I popped into there, the guy I was paired with spent the game trying to glitch and leaving me solo to fight off the other two plus the npcs.  It left a bad taste in my mouth.  Granted, if I had someone on my friends list at the time playing, it would have been a different story.
    laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By laserbolts

Yeah it's too bad it's over and I don't think I enjoyed it quite as much as you did but I cannot wait for this game to come out. I can relate to how much the wait sucks though as after the gears 3 beta ended I have been yearning for some more gears 3 at least September is sorta close.

TanoPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TanoPrime

I will probably drop a few bucks and play UC2 for a while to get my fix until UC3.  Summertime lull and trying to find something to fill it, gaming wise.
    Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Portis

Got to level 33, loved every minute of the beta. Aside from a few little things:

• Matchmaking: getting pitted against a team of five level 30+ players (who are clearly in a party), against myself, a level 20 and a bunch of dudes below level 10 was really bumming me out.
    • Dropping me into a game-in-progress is fine, but be sure the match isn't half, or nearly over. It's a waste of my time.

And that's really about it, I have concerns with the balance of certain weapons but I'm confident they'll figure that stuff out in due time. I'm kinda sad I can't play the beta now, honestly. Man was I enjoying it. I hope when the actual game comes out Giant Bomb has a group of regular players -- I lone wolfed it the entire beta and that kind of sucked.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By MEATBALL

The beta was absolutely tremendous, can't wait for the game's return in November.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By Sooperspy

They better add elimination in the full game. I love elimination in UC2.

TanoPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TanoPrime
    @Portis: yea, I had some nights where lvl 40s were stacked on one squad and proceeded to prison sex my team too lol.  I'd play in a giant bomb group for sure
    dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By dietmango

Has anyone ran into any trouble getting into the beta lately? Every time I start it up an error message pops up saying I can't get in.

Anyway, made it to level 33, and man it is tons of fun. Although there are too many deathmatch variants, and the Co-op Hunter Arena was just ridiculous. Hopefully when they narrow the selections down, hope that mode will be the first to go. Despite that, there's fun to be had in the UC3 beta. Can't wait for November. :)

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @asian_pride: The beta's over. 

The only mode I really enjoyed playing was FFA and when they removed it with patch 1.03, forcing me to play TDM, it was very frustrating.
    Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Aus_azn

I've pretty much concluded that I'm only going to be playing the Co-op modes. While I was impressed with the cinematic maps and such, none of it was worth the pain of TDM and the incompetence of many of its players. Everyone just seems to ignore the buddy system completely.

@Portis said:

I have concerns with the balance of certain weapons but I'm confident they'll figure that stuff out in due time. I'm kinda sad I can't play the beta now, honestly. Man was I enjoying it. I hope when the actual game comes out Giant Bomb has a group of regular players -- I lone wolfed it the entire beta and that kind of sucked.
    As far as I noticed, the M9 just demolishes everything in the game. As did the Arm Micro. If you had that loadout with the RoF perk on the Arm and Reload Speed on the M9, you were basically unstoppable.
    SHADOWINFINITE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By SHADOWINFINITE

This was amazingly awesome, it will be missed, until November 

No Caption Provided
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#16  Edited By Yummylee
    @Portis said:

Got to level 33, loved every minute of the beta. Aside from a few little things:

• Matchmaking: getting pitted again a team of five level 30+ players (who are clearly in a party), against myself, a level 20 and a bunch of dudes below level 10 was really bumming me out.
    • Dropping me into a game-in-progress is fine, but be sure the match isn't half, or nearly over. It's a waste of my time.

And that's really about it, I have concerns with the balance of certain weapons but I'm confident they'll figure that stuff out in due time. I'm kinda sad I can't play the beta now, honestly. Man was I enjoying it. I hope when the actual game comes out Giant Bomb has a group of regular players -- I lone wolfed it the entire beta and that kind of sucked.

Where the fuck where you?! There's a GB Uncharted Clan complete with customary new-member plushies and everything!!... OK, ignore the plushy, that was a over-hyperactive lie. Sorry to get your hopes up =X But yeah.... plenty O people on GB are well into Uncharted's online. 

@Aus_azn

said:

I've pretty much concluded that I'm only going to be playing the Co-op modes. While I was impressed with the cinematic maps and such, none of it was worth the pain of TDM and the incompetence of many of its players. Everyone just seems to ignore the buddy system completely.

@Portis

said:

I have concerns with the balance of certain weapons but I'm confident they'll figure that stuff out in due time. I'm kinda sad I can't play the beta now, honestly. Man was I enjoying it. I hope when the actual game comes out Giant Bomb has a group of regular players -- I lone wolfed it the entire beta and that kind of sucked.

As far as I noticed, the M9 just demolishes everything in the game. As did the Arm Micro. If you had that loadout with the RoF perk on the Arm and Reload Speed on the M9, you were basically unstoppable.
    Naaaaaaaaah, I was able to do very well with an AK + Rate of Fire MOD. If anything I felt like the M9 was kinda shitty - and especially it's firing sound-effect. The arm-micro pistol was an utter Beast until the final patch, where they completely nerfed it and made it nigh useless imo. The AK (again with rate of fire) was more reliable for run n gunning from that point on and the Para pistol was more accurate and much more powerful too, making the arm-micro pretty obsolete I'd say. 

@asian_pride said:
    Has anyone ran into any trouble getting into the beta lately? Every time I start it up an error message pops up saying I can't get in.  Anyway, made it to level 33, and man it is tons of fun. Although there are too many deathmatch variants, and the Co-op Hunter Arena was just ridiculous. Hopefully when they narrow the selections down, hope that mode will be the first to go. Despite that, there's fun to be had in the UC3 beta. Can't wait for November. :)
    Also I still don't know where all the hate for Hunted has come from. I personally think it's a pretty awesome mode mixing cooperative and competitive like that, and as both the villains and heroes found it balanced well enough. I'm definitely in a minority, though, because so many matches had people completely sucking (or not even knowing how to play the damn mode) and leaving mid-match... it was pretty difficult to find someone who was as devoted as I was in the mode.
    Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Aus_azn
    @Abyssfull: I didn't really play competitive after 1.04 dropped, so I'm not really aware of the balance changes since.
    Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Portis

@Abyssfull said:

@Portis said:

• Matchmaking: getting pitted again a team of five level 30+ players (who are clearly in a party), against myself, a level 20 and a bunch of dudes below level 10 was really bumming me out.

Where the fuck where you?! There's a GB Uncharted Clan complete with customary new-member plushies and everything!!... OK, ignore the plushy, that was a over-hyperactive lie. Sorry to get your hopes up =X But yeah.... plenty O people on GB are well into Uncharted's online.

Well, fuck. :|

I remember briefly looking at that thread, but just assuming that it was for Uncharted 2 only (which I no longer play.) Having just one other person to party up with would have made a lot more matches bearable. At least I know for next time, though.

@Aus_azn said:

@Abyssfull: I didn't really play competitive after 1.04 dropped, so I'm not really aware of the balance changes since.

Yeah, Abyssfull pretty much laid it out. The Micro was toned way down, which I'm glad they did, because that whole thing was just getting out of hand. I still found it useful in certain situations after the patch, though. I'm not going to lie though, getting killed by an AK that was being hip-fired was absolutely infuriating to me. And I agree with him that the M9 felt under powered, if anything. I was usually pretty surprised when I saw someone using it.

TanoPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TanoPrime
    @Portis
    For as much time as it takes to get to the M9, one would think that it would have felt more like a kick ass weapon than it did.  I ended up sticking to the modded AK for chateau and Gmal for everything else

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.