New Uncharted NGP screenshots.

#1 Posted by Icemael (6356 posts) -
Link
Really impressive. I don't give a shit about Uncharted, but imagine a new Monster Hunter or 2D Castlevania with this technology...
#2 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

That does look nice. I am never going to buy a Vita/NGP though so I hope it gets released on the PS Store for PS3 sometime in the future.

#3 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

Graphics mean nothing to a portable game. This doesn't really need to be on a portable system, since you know, the immersion aspect will be shot. 

#4 Posted by PillClinton (3292 posts) -

Wow, crazy impressive.  Also, you have no interest in Uncharted in general or just on the NGP?  Cuz, darn, I have no interest in Monster Hunter, but I feel you on 2D Castlevania.  

#5 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

...and Angry Birds makes more profit at the end of the day for 99 cents. 

Graphics don't mean shit for handhelds anymore, as Apple and Google have proved the past few years.

#6 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

I would like to have a modern gaming console in my pocket, maybe that's just me.

#7 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

more stunts and shooting while in cover, all done with stunning console visuals ? 

i like!

#8 Posted by Sanj (2506 posts) -

That certainly looks impressive, but they'll need to show me that playing Uncharted on a handheld is equally as impressive.

#9 Posted by Lashe (1262 posts) -

It looks great, but I would still rather play this on a console.  

Call me when the Vita has CFW.

#10 Posted by Korolev (1723 posts) -

Looks pretty good. Not as good as Uncharted 2, but fairly close. Impressive nonetheless. I'm still on the fence about buying a PSP Vita or NGP - I still need to see more games. I made the mistake of buying a PSP for one game, and I suffered immensely because of that. 

#11 Posted by Animasta (14718 posts) -

uncharted, huh? why not try and show us interesting games next time

#12 Posted by Korwin (2984 posts) -

Fine job of photo shopping away all the jaggies :D 

Bullshots if I ever saw them.  I'm sure the final product will look great for a handheld, but not that good.

#13 Edited by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

That looks absolutely gorgeous, but I really have to wonder how much this thing will cost. It doesn't look like it'll come cheap.

#14 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

The GPU of the SoC in the PSP Vita is nowhere near powerful enough to pull that shit off.  Bullshots of scenes with static lighting and baked in bump/specularity maps.

#15 Posted by Icemael (6356 posts) -
@100_Hertz said:
Also, you have no interest in Uncharted in general or just on the NGP?
In general. But especially on the NGP.
#16 Posted by jkuc316 (981 posts) -

Why is everyone calling it vita now? It has not yet been confirmed. Anyways, Really awesome pics. Especially Drake's new shirt. That's the best one yet(On just shirt, overall the outfit on Uncharted 3 is best)

#17 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

Even for a handheld, they can't stop using bullshots. Lol, sony is all about the bullshots for first party stuff.

#18 Posted by FesteringNeon (2165 posts) -

I hope there's a way to play full screen with HDMI, (have a separate port to simultaneously keep it plugged in, and to the TV) and supports DS3's.  Basically a slight watered down mini PS3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.