Uno

#1 Posted by Dizzyhippos (1566 posts) -

I know its a older game  but are there still people playing it online?

#2 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

It's the most popular arcade game ever.

#3 Posted by Psynapse (1064 posts) -

I never really knew why this game lured so many people into playing it... Its uno ffs :P

I know people are going to flame me for this one, a few of my mates yell at me every time i give them shit because of it.

#4 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

There are still plenty of people playing it. I'm not going to say that they are all the kind of people you would want to play with over Live, but it has a solid community.

#5 Posted by Dizzyhippos (1566 posts) -
Jayge said:
"It's the most popular arcade game ever."
I know that but it came out a long while ago and didnt want to get it if the online was dead
#6 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

I used to play this every night for a few hours as a warm down after a few rounds of Gears of War and some of the banter that went on in there was some of the best i've heard on LIVE anywhere.

#7 Posted by Roger_Klotz (795 posts) -

I use to play this game all the time. It was like the first game with xbox live camera capabilites.

#8 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

It is a pretty fun game and it came with my vision camera. :-)

#9 Posted by Gamer_152 (14109 posts) -
Jayge said:

Are you sure? What about Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved?
#10 Edited by MattyFTM (14432 posts) -

From my experiences with it, you might have a bit of trouble finding matches in less popular times, but in peak times you'll have no problem.

#11 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
Gamer_152 said:
"Jayge said:

Are you sure? What about Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved?"
Uno is on top of the Live Activity list almost every week, and has been since I've known about the list (in my memory, anyway). People like myself enjoy it because you don't even have to play, to play XD. I just sit there chilling with a group of friends, some people do funny shit with their cameras, etc. Nice hangout game.
#12 Posted by BlackSuitAndTie9 (289 posts) -

I don't really play it that much anymore, I've gotten into the actual card game. :P

#13 Posted by DrPepper1990 (530 posts) -

Get dose its a really great XBLA game. It just came out though and 1 billion people tried to dl it at once, so they had no choice but to remove the game for now. Try tomorrow.

#14 Posted by twenty0ne (3071 posts) -

I never got into it because it's purely a game of luck. No skill is involved other than deciding to use a wild or not.

#15 Posted by L (1680 posts) -

Always. Purely because of the camera. :D

#16 Posted by twenty0ne (3071 posts) -
L said:
"Always. Purely because of the camera. :D"
Unless a guy decides to drop his drawers... 
#17 Posted by Lind_L_Taylor (3966 posts) -

I think you can play against the computer if no one is around to play it.

#18 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
Lind_L_Taylor said:
"I think you can play against the computer if no one is around to play it."
Yes. There is offline play, but it's always more fun to play with others...as long as they follow the rules and don't bring any balls into this game.
#19 Posted by DazbotAthertron (874 posts) -

playing Uno is admitting that your night is over lol

#20 Posted by John (828 posts) -

Hell even I still play it from time to time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.