Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Val Kilmer

Person » credited in 4 games

American actor known widely for roles such as his portrayal of Chris Shiherlis in HEAT, the iconic Iceman in Top Gun and of course Doc Holiday in Tombstone.

New Mexico Knight

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HandsomeDead

Taken from People.com

'He is voice of the car Kitt in the new Knight Rider series, but could Val Kilmer's next role be the voice of New Mexico?

Former presidential candidate and current New Mexico governor Bill Richardson has been fueling speculation that the Batman Forever star may replace him as governor of the 47th state in 2010.

"I like the idea," Richardson told reporters on Thursday. "Val Kilmer is a New Mexican, he was Batman. You know there have been successful actors going into politics."

Earlier this year, Kilmer got the rumor mill turning when he hinted that he'd consider a run for office.

Adds Richardson, who stopped short of endorsing Kilmer, "I haven't talked to him about it, I don't know how serious he is, but you know if he jumps in a race he's got name ID, so it can't be discounted."

A native of Los Angeles, Kilmer has for many years lived on a sprawling ranch outside of Pecos, where he raises bison. He is actively involved in The Wildlife Center of New Mexico.

While George Clooney is known for his political causes, if Kilmer were elected, he would be the first Batman to achieve elected office – at least in the real world.

On TV's animated Family Guy series, Adam West, who played the Caped Crusader on the popular TV show, has been the animated mayor of the fictional Rhode Island hamlet of Quahog.

While this obviously has no bearing on me as odds are i'll never go near New Mexico ever, I hope this doesn't happen simply because I want to see more Kilmer films and if he gets the role, his career will probably end up like Schwarzenegger's.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.