Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Velocity 2X

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 02, 2014

A top down shoot 'em up and platformer in one adventure. Velocity 2X is the sequel to the award winning Velocity, and features fast paced gameplay and a teleport mechanic. The heroine Kai Tana blasts, tele-dashes and jumps through interior sections then returns to her Quarp Jet to continue her fight against the Vokh.

This game deserves more attention

Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I've been playing Velocity 2X since it hit PS+ last week and it blows me away that more people aren't talking about it!

The gameplay is fast, razor sharp, and ridiculously fun. The art style is superb (the main character deserves a special mention here), and the soundtrack is the year's best. I thought it might be a neat distraction until Destiny launches but now I've found it's wormed its way to the top of my GOTY list, and I think Destiny may have a rather tough time dethroning it.

Everything about the game just feels expertly crafted. I don't even like score attack or fast-paced games generally, but Velocity just digs its hooks in you and forces you to appreciate it.

If you have a PS4 I implore you to try out this game. It's free for PS+ members and it's the most fun I've had all year.

alexrudz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By alexrudz

I noticed it reviewed really well on Gamespot, just wish I had a PS4 to check it out.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This game is extremely addicting. I'm playing it on the vita though. The touchscreen warping on the overhead levels makes a big difference. The music is so damn good.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4 MattyFTM  Moderator

It looks really cool, but I've never been a fan of shmups. I've just never been able to get into a single shmup. I'll probably check it out on my Vita at some point since it's free on PS+, but I'm not expecting it to be my cup of tea.

peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yeah i downloaded it a few days ago, looks cool. Il try it for sure.

SpanxMcFranks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I downloaded it and didn't care for it. I felt like the controls were stopping me from really getting into a groove and keep a good momentum.

Tez79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's a good shooter game, nice level design and the gameplay is great. Still not sick of the music either - must be pretty special ;)

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By GunstarRed

I have been undecided on whether I think this game is good, but flawed or genuinely great, and finally settled on great. It's such a shame that nobody really seems to care about it. Just looking at the rarity of trophies it seems that only 1.3% of people that have played it have finished it.

It's an odd game that looks like a shooter, but feels more like a collection of speed runs. I was really put off by some of the experience requirements to progress, especially when I started getting into the stages in the late 30's, but it seems like it was designed that way to make you go back to earlier levels and learn how to beat them in the fastest times possible. There's a reason why you are given 20 minutes to finish a level that can be beaten in 1.40 or less. By going back you're forced into collecting everything as fast as possible just to get an extra 20 or 40 experience.

It's a fantastic game that favours speed over anything else. As a pure shooter it's super boring, but that's not really apparent until you've put some time into it. More people should give this a shot especially as it's free on plus at the minute. It also has one of the best soundtracks of the year.

onlineatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it's good as hell, one of this year's best. usually idgaf about shooters, but velocity is different, it's barely a shooter. it can feel like a racing game, a puzzle game, and (crucially) a rhythm game. it's about speed, precision, learning stages, and hitting queues. getting into a flow state and perfecting levels is a huge rush, it's incredible. it's been a while since i've been so into a game that i've spent 5+ hrs trying to perfect one level, and even then the game never felt unfair or frustrating. kinda remarkable

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@mattyftm: It's not really a "shmup," though. A large portion of the game is a side scroller on foot, and even in the space ship, the shooting of other ships is not really the main focus.

Anyway, I really liked it, my only complaint being that it was a little on the short side.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If I was in the GOTY business, this would definitely make my top ten. It's a fantastic game.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked it. I think it just launched at a very unfortunate time for any game to launch, let alone the sequel to an indie game that almost nobody played.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

The more I play it the more I love it. Fantastic game.

Velocity bits are Velocitier than ever, and the platforming sections are a great addition.

Didn't really click with me 100% on the TV playing with the DS4, but the touch controls for the teleporting on the vita made all the difference. Nearly swore out loud on a packed bus playing it yesterday, it's THAT good.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Played the first two levels and deleted it. Not for me.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15  Edited By Castiel

This game is really awesome but unfortunately I have encountered a strange issue with the game. It used to be pretty fast going from the level screen to an actually level but just today the game would just go to a black screen for atleast 30 seconds before the loading screen even appears. That is if the the level ever loads; I have encountered a few times where it would just stay on the black screen and nothing happens. My only option is then to quit the game completey and relaunch it and hope it works the next time. Either I have encountered some weird bug or my new ps4 is dying, which I really hope it isn't since I just bought it. Anyways I have contacted the developer to see if they are aware of the problem.

In the meantime I would just like to hear if anyone else have encountered this problem?

jhajha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jhajha

I don't like this game. Sorry.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.