Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Venetica

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jan 11, 2011

In this German action-RPG, Scarlett, the daughter of Death itself, sets out to rescue her ghoulish father from an evil Necromancer who threatens to destroy the world.

Impressions?

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By kerse

this came out today right? anyone play it yet

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Funzzo

Just played for a few hours. Its an ok game nothing great.
    armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By armaan8014

Doesn't look anything great from what I've read so far

Sliqcore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sliqcore

So far it's brightness balance sucks ass. I can't see indoors without jacking up the brightness and completely flushing out the outdoors, also there is no example to use to see where they intended the brightness to be but I can't believe either of those options were intended. Adjusting the screen you play on is irrelevant since the degree of difference from indoors to outdoors is so extreme that only one looks correct at a time. I have to adjust it constantly for each situation. Also the left to right axis moves much faster than the up and down which is fine but they do not allow independent adjustment, only to increase or decrease sensitivity so it becomes jostling. Other than that the game is fun, I enjoy having a main character that is an actual character, not just "the PC" who never truly interacts with the world around them outside of physical movement and dialog choice. I would not buy this game over anything else but if you don't mind the 40 or 50 bones it's a decent enough adventure, especially since there isn't anything to play until the 25th and Two Worlds II (for RPG's anyway). 

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By McGhee

Looks like a game you play only if you are starving and desperate for a fantasy RPG.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ryanwho

You have to tune it right. I turned the fullscreen details off. They really should have gone with a cell shade style instead of bloom everywhere. The fighting is designed for 1 on 1 and you're regularly fighting 3 or more. Camera's a mess. VO's passable for the genre. The story? Interesting idea, poor implementation. I feel like I'm playing an incomplete game sort of. Im still early on and I only know a few spells. The Passage mechanic is pretty interesting. Soul gathering used for revival is interesting, and you use it a lot because you die a lot. A for the look, its pretty clear someone put a lot of work into the main character and not very much work into everything else. If everyone's face had the movement nuance of the PC, you'd have a really good looking and expressive game. But they didn't. You've got this Jade-esc character living in a world where everyone else is a robotic butterface. You can sense the good idea in the game but you also sense they ran out of time or money or something and fell way short of their vision. Which is a bummer.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ryanwho

I'll throw this out. They do a better job creating a sense of scale in the cities than just about any game I can think of. As far as what you can and can't interact with, what you see out in the distance, etc. Mass Effect could learn a thing or 5. So I revise my statement. The devs put work into 2 things:the city of Venice and the main character.

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Eyz

First impressions?

Mmmh..
    Lemme see..

Don't expect a big blockbuster-type of game!
    They didn't had the time, nor the budget for it.
    It's sort of like similar to Mass Effect in its basis. 
    But graphic wise it's from the guys that made the adventure games Ahnk and Jack Keane. (btw, if you like point and click games, check those out!)
    It's also not really well polished.
    I liked it! (but I'm sure it won't be a hit with regular gamers..maybe with a more casual audience, in bargain bins, it will have more success..)

FigsTasteGood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FigsTasteGood

A game built by people who think all gamers want are some boobs to look at for a while.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ryanwho
    @FigsTasteGood said:
    " A game built by people who think all gamers want are some boobs to look at for a while. "
    You registered just to guess how the game works? Listen bro, hate to break it to you, but those screenshots you saw? People don't play the game with the girl facing the camera, jackass. And you immediately get an armor that basically covers your cleavage completely. In fact, the game makes a really hamfisted painful femmenist statement about 2/3 the way in. Thanks for stopping in, though.
    armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By armaan8014
    @ryanwho: *approved*
    RedBullRacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By RedBullRacer

I've just completed this game, on PS3, and I have to say it's probably the buggiest game I've ever played, certainly the buggiest game I've finished. The list of bugs is huge, quests that don't update, a map that doesn't display waypoints correctly, audio cutting out, people walking in mid air, and one bug where the action button stopped working. 

However, I actually enjoyed the game. I didn't care much for the characters, but I did like Scarlett (main character) and was playing the game to see what would happened at the end. The settings were pretty cool, a decent inventory system, lots of loot, and it was a pretty big game. If you can see past the bugs, it's not a bad game at all. I wish it had more polish cos it could have been so much better!  

The Combat system is actually pretty awesome in one on one battles, but in groups the targetting doesn't keep up    and it can become a tad frustrating. So I tended to pick the enemies off 1 at a time.

Also, if you play on PS3 and you encounter a bug where the voice audio starts messing up or the action button stops working (meaning you can't talk to anyone, open doors or generally carry on playing the game), you need to delete some game saves. I normally create multiple game saves when playing RPG games, but it seems if you create more then 2 saves the game starts to bug like crazy. Game breaking bugs unless you delete the old saves!

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ryanwho

I think I might have been too kind to this game in hindsight. It really is a mess of bugs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.