72 Comments
  • 72 results
  • 1
  • 2
Posted by Scrawnto

@JeevesPleez said:

@gamb1t said:
is their ANYTHING going for this game? the engine looks bleh, sounds old. i mean i dont knock anything till i try it but carmack kinda blows at everything he does... quake 4? doom 3....... now to rage?
Err, Raven made Quake 4 and I bet Carmack had more to do with Carmack's Reverse than the monster closets. Maybe it's because I'm a programmer myself, but I'm pretty sure that Carmack does not blow at everything he does. As far as "is anything going for this game," I'm looking forward to it because it sounds like it's a game I can handle in my somewhat limited spare time - a game with the shooting mechanics id is known for with the structure and atmosphere of an RPG with the fat trimmed out. Also, my buddy and I need a new co-op game.

Thank you for saying everything I was thinking. I also happen to be a programmer, and I hold Carmack in pretty high regard. However, calling the man who created the FPS incompetent and then laying the blame for a game he didn't make at his feet is so ignorant that I almost have to assume it was deliberate. We may have just been trolled.

Posted by JeevesPleez
@Scrawnto said: 

Thank you for saying everything I was thinking. I also happen to be a programmer, and I hold Carmack in pretty high regard. However, calling the man who created the FPS incompetent and then laying the blame for a game he didn't make at his feet is so ignorant that I almost have to assume it was deliberate. We may have just been trolled.

Hmm. Now that you mention it, I expect a troll face any minute now...
Edited by redbliss
@Lnin0 said:

A First Look at   any FPS title here 's Co-op Gameplay.   So unspectacular.

How many other FPSs do split-screen coop through campaign? Not many. The only two that come to mind at the moment are Halo and Borderlands. COD does split-screen online now and MW2 did split-screen missions, but there is something great about being able to tackle the campaign with a family member or friend. I think Rage has coop specific content, probably something similar to MW2 (maybe not as varied or focused). Still, it will be nice to play the game coop if you want.
Posted by MooseyMcMan

Can't wait! It's gonna be great! 

Moderator
Posted by shakra

So rage is a prettier version of borderlands?

Posted by moondogg

Oh cool I didn't know this had co-op at all, let alone splitscreen. Love me some co-op shootin.
Edited by antwane

@shakra: I have played 10 hours of Rage at Quakecon and I can promise you it is not like Borderlands at all. Rage is going to be amazing.

Posted by GiveUpNed

@Devildoll said:

seems strange that ID is touting 60 fps , while releasing 15 fps gameplay footage ,

anyone else getting that , or is it just me?

looks great however

*facepalm* When you are trying to be clever, look at ALL the possible factors...

Posted by TheHakku

Borderlands + MW + ...fuckin, The Club? Agh, god, id, why.

Posted by mnzy
@antwane said:

@shakra: I have played 10 hours of Rage at Quakecon and I can promise you it is not like Borderlands at all. Rage is going to be amazing.

10 hours? Did you steal a machine?
Posted by Mordi

@GiveUpNed said:

@Devildoll said:

seems strange that ID is touting 60 fps , while releasing 15 fps gameplay footage ,

anyone else getting that , or is it just me?

looks great however

*facepalm* When you are trying to be clever, look at ALL the possible factors...

The video does seem choppy here too, unlike any other video on this site (with few exceptions). We won't see a 60 fps flash-video here any time soon, but one has to wonder why they would release a seemingly choppy video when they strived so much to achieve smoothness in the game.

Posted by Branthog

I"m getting tired of EVERYTHING having co-op mode, these days. When the average gamer is in his late thirties, why make such a big deal of a feature that would primarily only be used by school kids after they get home? I'm an adult - I'm lucky if I can play multi-player with people I know even twice a year, much less "co-op". When I see the words "co-op" in a game, the only thing I think about is "I hope that's not a big part of it, at all".

Posted by captain_clayman

wait wait. 
SPLITSCREEN ON THE PC VERSION? 
 
my god.

Posted by hoossy
@Branthog said:

I"m getting tired of EVERYTHING having co-op mode, these days. When the average gamer is in his late thirties, why make such a big deal of a feature that would primarily only be used by school kids after they get home? I'm an adult - I'm lucky if I can play multi-player with people I know even twice a year, much less "co-op". When I see the words "co-op" in a game, the only thing I think about is "I hope that's not a big part of it, at all".

 
I've got to say.... I've only got into co-op recently with a friend, and it's FABULOUS.  I've had more fun playing with a buddy then almost EVER on my own.  Granted, the game has to be done right. 
But I can honestly say that playing through Splinter Cell: Conviction's co-op is one of the best memories I've had while gaming in awhile.
Posted by EXCellR8

game is def gonna kick ass now! 2p split > *

Posted by MeatSim

I give kudos to anyone who includes split screen co-op now a days.

Posted by bartok

After watching Breaking Bad I thought Rage was an on rail shooter.  I mean guided experience shooter.

Edited by emem

@Mordi said:

@GiveUpNed said:

@Devildoll said:

seems strange that ID is touting 60 fps , while releasing 15 fps gameplay footage ,

anyone else getting that , or is it just me?

looks great however

*facepalm* When you are trying to be clever, look at ALL the possible factors...

The video does seem choppy here too, unlike any other video on this site (with few exceptions). We won't see a 60 fps flash-video here any time soon, but one has to wonder why they would release a seemingly choppy video when they strived so much to achieve smoothness in the game.

Watch it on Youtube or Gametrailers, the trailer is fine/smooth.. something's wrong with all of the Rage videos on GB.

Edit: Hopefully people don't think the game is broken after watching the (kinda messed up) trailers here.

Posted by scottygrayskull

Not sure if I've said this before, but thank you so much for the age check defaults. <3

Posted by triple07

I really like that they have coop and are putting in splitscreen for me and my roommate to play but still, I just can't get that excited about it. Maybe its all the borderlands I've played thats putting me off to the setting.

Edited by Scotto

I'm excited for this game, and it looks like fun. That said, I still find it really... odd?... that Bethesda are publishing a game with a basic setting that is identical to another series they make and publish (Fallout): post-apocalyptic wasteland, "special people" born in shelters, maniacs/mutants/bandits roaming the wastes, and an organization trying to exert governmental control over the society that's left.

I'm sure the game will differentiate itself more once I've had a chance to play it, but the setting doesn't make the greatest first impression on that basis. Still - looks gorgeous, a meaty co-op mode is always welcome, and it looks like they borrowed most of the best stuff from Borderlands' combat.

- Scott

Posted by Tordah

Man, the guns sound great here. Loud and hard.