Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 02, 2008

Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise realistically simulates everyday struggles in the life of an omnipresent piñata handler.

Viva Piñata KINECT

xxDrAiNxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By xxDrAiNxx

I know this might sound crazy but i have come up with some ideas on how this could work on Kinect. I'm going to list some points below, feel free to add your own two cents as i would like to hear what everyone thinks about this.

- Menus on the right hand side which you hover your hand over and can go through items such as shovels,pots,plants,seeds and buildings.
    - Direction arrows on the top screen to move around the garden such as moving up,back, turn left , turn right (hover your hand over the icons to make you move through the garden without taking you out of the game)
    - Use dig motions to dig holes when you have the shovel. Also plant seeds by dropping them in. Plus watering your plants around the garden!
    - Play with the pinata's in a way like Kinectimals but more advanced like loring, feeding, catching, and mini games of all sorts.
    - Walk into stores, again purchasing items by hovering your hand over items.
    - An over the top view for fast travel aka mini map of some kind.
    - Avatar support. Plus (2 player co-op in garden simultaneously)
    - Dressing up pinatas, killing pinatas, and an level up system or some kind. (Perks anyone?)
    - Open world garden 2x to 3x bigger then the first 2 games.
    - Voice commands through Kinect.
    - Taking pictures and sending to friends online.
    - New enemies that will come into the garden and fight your pinatas / destroy plants.

Does this sound like a good idea or just bogus talk?

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Rowr

Give it a year, maybe two and something along these lines will exist.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By chrissedoff

obviously it's a great idea. it'll never happen, but it it would be awesome if it did.

Senno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Senno

It's an interesting premise, and something I'd hoped to see. Here's some of my thoughts.

A obstacle course type minigame (similar to Kinectimals)

Interactive toys (frisbees, balls, bubble blowers etc) and this is also similar to Kinectimals.

Be able to wash the pets (similar to Nintendogs). Could lean around to get a different angle, scrub with a brush, hose with hose or watering can, brush fur etc.

Whack a minion type game.

Set up traps and nets for certain pinatas.

Racing games (race against pinata, race as pinata against minions.

Whack a weed type game.

Take pictures of pinata, dress up, make up type game.

Teach pinata tricks with voice commands and gestures.

ETC

----

Strictly speaking, a straight up port of Trouble in Paradise isn't a good idea. But utilising the franchise to take the best advantage of Kinect would be a good idea I think. Take equal parts Nintendogs and Kinectimals, and give it a Viva Pinata polish and you could have a fun, albeit simple title that has already been done. But it would be nice to see those Pinatas back up to mischief.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By toowalrus

As much as I love Viva Pinata, I still wouldn't buy a Kinect for it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.