Video Game Voice Actor Appreciation Thread

#1 Edited by medacris (670 posts) -

and I were discussing the VGA's poor treatment of the voice actors who make our games so awesome-- the last two years in a row, the VGA's for Best Male/Female Performance (2011: Wheatley and GLaDOS, 2012: Handsome Jack and Clementine) were given on the carpet during the preshow, which is kinda bunk. Even when I do see voice actor appreciation, it's only for cartoons (I mean, I love animation more than anything, but all voice acting deserves equal recognition, regardless of where it's from). So let's give back to those guys who work so hard to make the writers' lines come to life.

Also, Merasmus and Bombinomicon for Northies 2012. Every time I heard "POOP! POOP IN YOUR PUMPKIN PANTS!" during the 2012 TF2 Halloween event, I couldn't stop laughing.

#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -

Troy Baker is awesome.

#3 Posted by TooWalrus (13255 posts) -

Nolan North is awesome.

#4 Posted by Animasta (14718 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Troy Baker is awesome.

Laura Bailey is awesome.

#5 Posted by YI_Orange (1170 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Troy Baker is awesome.

Him being Charlie in Binary Domain blew my mind. Laura Bailey is pretty awesome too. That speech Kaine gives when you boot up Nier would probably never get old.

#6 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4700 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Troy Baker is awesome.

@TooWalrus said:

Nolan North is awesome.

@Animasta said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

Troy Baker is awesome.

Laura Bailey is awesome.

Tara Strong is awesome

#7 Posted by clumsyninja1 (817 posts) -

Hale and North should have won, then again is the VGA's

#8 Posted by aznjon12 (189 posts) -
#9 Posted by medacris (670 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: I was watching Ultimate Spider-Man on Disney XD, and he popped up on one episode as Loki. It was incredibly amusing, even if he didn't have a ton of lines.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.