Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warframe

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Mar 25, 2013

From the studio that co-created the Unreal series comes a free-to-play third-person Loot Shooter pitting a group of superhuman warriors (in advanced exo-armor systems known as "Warframes") against a hostile universe.

Update 14.5 and EVENT (ends September 3rd)

• 84 results
    mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By mrcraggle

OPERATION CRYOTIC FRONT

Brand new event and here's what you'll need to do for it:

- You will receive a Scanning Device. Its location will appear on your map.

- Collect Power Cells dropped by enemies and bring them to the Scanner to activate it and keep it powered. You can track your Scanner’s power in the map on your HUD. If it reaches 0%, the process will stall until power is restored.

- Defend the Scanner as it searches for a dig site. Once the Scanner has found a site, it will appear on your map. Proceed to that location to find an Excavator that is digging for artifacts.

- Take caution! Enemy waves will attempt to destroy the Excavator and you must defend it. The Excavator will also continue to lose power. As with the Scanner, you must collect Power Cells to keep it activated.

- Once the Excavator has uncovered the artifact, you may choose to Extract from the operation or wait for another Scanner and repeat the process.

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

- If the Excavator is destroyed before it recovers an item, the mission is a failure.

- The Operation is on now until Wednesday, September 3 at 12 PM EDT.

- Operation Cryotic Front is the start of a new mission type that will replace all Survival missions that take place on a terrestrial Tileset.

- This Operation introduces Cryotic, a new resource that will only be available in the Excavation game mode.

- At each of the point levels below, you’ll unlock a new Tileset in the Operation. It’s your choice – continue to dig on Earth or take your efforts to these new areas. Note that each new Tileset will hold more difficult enemies but will provide the opportunity to earn points faster.

REWARDS

With each successful dig, you will receive an amount of Cryotic based on your performance (100 max.) The more Cryotic you earn, the better the Reward – so dig on!

More than 500 pts = Event Badge

More than 1000 pts = Ice Mod Set (4 mods)

More than 3000 pts = Latron Wraith and Glaxion skin

CLAN SCORING

The top three Clans per Clan Tier will receive Gold, Silver, and Bronze Trophies. For Clan Leaderboards, a Clan’s score is the sum of active personal bests.

Update 14.5

Highlights of this update include:

NEW GAME MODE – Introducing Excavation, a new game mode that replaces the Survival mission types for planet surfaces. Defend a Scanning Device and collect power cells to keep it powered up as it discovers the site of an ancient artifact. Once the dig site is discovered, go to it and defend the Extractor as it uncovers the artifact for the Tenno cause.

NEW WEAPONS:

KRONEN – The Kronen bladed tonfas resurrect a lethal fighting style once thought lost to the ages.

GLAXION – This deadly freeze ray shoots a photon beam that halts molecular vibrations, causing instant and painful freezing.

NUKOR – The Nukor microwave gun creates and focuses a high-frequency field of microwaves, cooking the target from within.

NEW TILESET – Experience the new Ice Planet!

NEW CUSTOMIZATIONS:

GENE-DESIGNER KITS – Two new Gene-Designer Kits provide all of the genetic information to reconfigure a Kubrow's DNA structure and match the fur coloration of its Kubrow ancestors.

HECATE SYANDANA – Used for festive ceremonies, this Syandana was often worn during social gatherings.

EXIMUS COLOR SET -- A set of colors derived from the uniforms of Eximus adversaries. Unlocks additional color options for Warframe customization.

LOTUS COLOR SET – A set of colors inspired by the Lotus. Unlocks additional color options for Warframe customization.

Below you'll find details on what was shown at Tenno Live 2014

Tenno Live 2014

At Gamescom, Digital Extremes took to the stage to host Tenno Live 2014 where they announced the release date for Xbox One, a new environment and survival mode to replace the current one, new infested enemies, extended combos to melee weapons in addition to new weapons, Kubrow colour pallette, User Created Content, WYRMIUS and ended with Archwing. I'd like to point out that most of the show was absolutely cringe inducing.

• Xbox One Reveal: Warframe will be coming to the Xbox One on September 2nd. While DE didn't say much about it, I expect this to be some variant on update 14.
    • Corpus Ice Planet: New tileset that does actually differ from the current outpost found in the game. The environment is much more hazardous, as your shield and health will drain if you're in the exterior of the ships and will have to stay by gameplay objects to keep warm. This will in-turn replace the current system used for survival as the team felt that turning off oxygen didn't make much sense.
    • Underwater tileset: While this tileset was only shown off in concept art, Geoff did reveal that this will bring about a brand new movement set; swimming. Not too much detail to go into here as it's still very early development.
    • New Infected enemies: Not too much to say here again. Two new Infested enemies were shown off. One looks like a giant, mutated chicken while the other was a spawn pod. The return of the T3 golem was also hinted at.
    • Tyl Regor redesign: Tyl Regor is the final boss of Uranus and like previous updates is getting a redesign to better stand out as the games development progresses. From the early shot they showed, I'm not much of a fan. He just looks like a balloon man with stupid arms and is completely disproportional as most of his body is huge but he has tiny little stubs for the lower part of his legs and this weird almost alien spaceship looking thing sticking out the back of his neck.
    • Extended combos and new weapon: DE are going back to some older weapons and adding more combos to them. Shown off were the Wolverine claws and the Kitana. The new community weapon reveal was the Tonfa. This is a dual handed weapon where the blades are about arms length and curve in at the end.
    • Q&A: There was a brief Q&A session where the only real answer to come out was that DE wanted to have a more robust UCC system whereby Steve gave the example that a clan leader could make a quest for members to partake in and they'd earn XP for that UCC. Sheldon also made mention that players will be able to customise the way their Kubrow looks in the future.
    • The BIG reveal: Before the show started, there was a lot of hype around a HUGE reveal at this show. Of course, why go to Gamescom if you've only got a few things to show off? And DE answered this with Wyrmius! That's right, you'll be able to play a side scrolling shooter as your little Wyrm and try to rank up a high score. Of course this was all just a big hoax to trick people into thinking, is this it? Well, no, this of course lead into...
    • The REAL reveal: While Warframe largely takes place in space, the gameplay itself largely takes place inside space stations or on planets but that's all set to change with Update 15 and Archwing.

Be sure to tune in to the next live stream on September 5th to see a full gameplay reveal of the new Archwing update.

Details on the previous update (14) are below:

Update 14 - The Mad Cephalon

So what's new in this update? Quite a lot actually as this is what DE considers their biggest update yet with a completely reworked UI built from the ground up, Kurbrows which are a new pet that essentially replace the sentinels, new PvP mode 'Dark Sectors Conflict' and of course there is the typical new Warframe and new weapons. More in-depth details below:

NEW USER EXPERIENCE – A meaningful Quest walks new players through Warframe, providing essential information on gameplay, lore, game modes and menus. Experience a re-imagined user interface and menus. Players have a place in the Solar System aboard their personal spacecraft, The Liset. Upon completing the ‘Vor’s Prize’ Quest, major systems, menus, and components can be accessed through devices aboard the ship!

KUBROWS – A new Quest unlocks a Genetic Foundry used for breeding biological specimens on your ship! Breed a Kubrow by collecting a Kubrow egg and incubating it in the Genetic Foundry. Different Kubrow personality types have different combat and non-combat abilities. Make your Kubrow more combat effective by caring for it and equipping powerful link mods. Create genetic imprints of your Kubrow that you can trade with fellow Tenno and combine to create your perfect pet!

NEW WARFRAME – A master of illusion, Mirage confounds the enemy in a spectacle of style and power. Mirage 's powers include:

Hall of Mirrors - Mirage creates an entourage of doppelgangers to distract and confuse the enemy.

Sleight of Hand - A natural prankster, Mirage booby-traps nearby objects.

Eclipse - Standing in light, Mirage becomes the main attraction, dealing heavy damage -- while the shadows make Mirage difficult to track and even harder to hurt.

Prism - Fires an energy orb that shoots lasers in all directions. Activating again detonates the bomb, blinding nearby foes.

QUESTS – Explore re-playable Quests with unlockable difficulty selection. This new Warframe experience opens with the debut ‘Vor’s Prize’ Quest.

NEW DARK SECTORS CONFLICT – Introducing a new player-versus-player game mode to replace the existing Solar Rails conflict game mode. Choose which Clan or Alliance you wish to support and play the role of Attacker or Defender on a multi-staged objective mission! Up to four human players per side, with empty player slots auto-filled by Spectres.

NEW WEAPONS

AKZANI – The choice weapon of Mirage, these fast-firing dual pistols deliver a deadly performance.

SILVA AND AEGIS – a Sword and Board style weapon created from the concept of our Community Melee Design Contest Winner – SilverBones.

EXPANDED GAME MODES – The Infested have overtaken Eris. Hive Sabotage, Exterminate, and Survival Game Modes now available!

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By rapid

Livestream #12 is up now

Loading Video...

@mnemoidian@ravenlight@humanity@murgin please add anything I missed

Next Update (Update 10) is still TBA (Sometime in September)

Topics / Interesting things addressed in Chronological Order on the Live Stream

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    • Addressing the "Burnout" and diversifying the end game
    • Talked about plans to revamp the Damage Model in the game
    • Teased Mod Loadout / Preset System coming in the future
    • Implementing stacking identical mods in the Mod Menu UI (Reduce Mod pages)
    • Implementing leaderboards and Scoring per system or planet
    • An achievement system is coming
    • Addressed "Controversy" of Weekend Event Completion (You Can't Beat 100%!)
    • Dual Stat Mods will be going into Nightmare Mode ("Sooner or later")
    • Mention of "Triple H" (The Wrestler?)
    • Screenshots of new Derelict Tileset (Will not be part of the Void)
    • Show a new version of J3 Golem Boss (around 0:23:00) will be Multi-phased with Shadow of Colossus style final form aka ATTACK ON WARFRAME!!!

Loading Video...
    • The new version of the J3 Golem Boss will drop components for next Warframe to be released "Necro" instead of Volt
    • No jetpacks but Grapple Hook still on the table as a future feature
    • Reputation System (0:27:43) From the description it sounds similar to the DOTA2 rate this player at the end of match. Players will gain reputation score, players that play / vote together and frequently will receive a "synergy bonus"
    • Synergy Bonus: Aura Bonus, Revive Faster etc.
    • Warframes will have 3 Idol Animations for players to choose from in the future: Default, Agile Stance, Noble Stance
    • SCARFS (coming update 10 and with physics!)
    • Addressed Netcode problems (it's an on-going fix)
    • Showed new alternative (Season 2) Nova Helmet (Volcano Head)
    • Weapons to be revampt (whenever they get to it) Ingis, Grakata, Braton Series
    • Blocking Pretty much useless right now (hope to make it better)
    • Fanart has 34 rules and YUI?
    • Episode 2 Vor's Prize Coming Soon?
    • Next Prime is MAG (woot)
    • Teased Gas Refinery Tileset Concept Art (Stated will come after update 10)
    • Devs agree Nightmare Mode should be made optional (Nightmare Mode likely to become optional)
    • Stated Implications of Ember and Trinity rebalance / buffs in the future
    Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@rapid said:

• SCARFS (coming update 10 and with physics!)
    • Addressed Netcode problems (it's an on-going fix)

In descending order, the points I'm most excited about.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I like that they're aware of the stagnation in gameplay but I wish they would've said a bit more than "yah we're constantly talking about it!"

Overall it's a good list of patch notes and I hope the update rolls out soon.

Some of the things are long overdue like Saved Loadouts.

Wish they added the ability to fuse mods from the loadout screen. Right now it's a pain to swap out mods, save, get exited back out, go back in, go to mods, start fusing etc.

HoboZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@humanity: I might be wrong (in fact, I am probably wrong, as I have just started playing) but it seems like if you hit the Mods button while viewing the mod loadout of a weapon/frame, you will see the equipped mods in the inventory list with a little silver badge thingie indicator, long with the rest of your inventory. Then when I finished fusing and hit done/exit, it took me back to the weapon/frame loadout screen. I had been removing all mods, applying, exiting, going to inventory, etc before i noticed that.

I don't know what would happen if i fused a mod to a higher level than the weapon's capacity - i guess it would unequip?

And, as mentioned, I might be entirely mistaken :)

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hobozero: I meant a situation where you equip a new mod into one of your 8 slots, and then when you click the Mods button it says your changes won't be saved. So you have to exit out and then go back in.

Anyway, take EVERYTHING back of what I said about drops getting fixed. I did 10 missions in a row on Merrow to get the Saryn parts and didn't get a single blueprint drop. Overall I did roughly 25 consecutive Merrow runs over the span of a few hours and ended up with two, TWOhelmet blueprints. I was beyond exasperated and just quit.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mrcraggle

@rapid Excellent post duder. I made an edit in the original post to point people down to yours so they can see what's coming. I'm at a loss where the updates are now as there have been so many. Update 6 was all about making you feel more agile with the expanded moves list, 7 was the introduction of mods, 8 brought us the clan dojo and 9 felt like a move towards pushing out a final product with cutscenes, new tutorial and overall additions to presentation. I guess 10 is going further in that direction as they address mission fatigue and restructure some things that have previously been implemented.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187

1. I hate anime, but I'm glad that I love Attack on Titan and get the reference of "Guren no Yumiya" with that Warframe video.

2. "Guren no Yumiya" makes everything cooler. It's the new Kanye West's "Power."

3. Update 10 is going to be awesome. I cannot WAIT for the new Golem fight. I've been wanting something big and fierce in the game. Hopefully it stands up. However, if I had to pick a fight that drastically needs to be redone, Raptor would get my vote more than anything.

4. FINALLY THE BRATON AND GRAKATA WILL BE REVAMPED! Hopefully this will fix them for good to be worthwhile in late game somehow.

5. I'm glad they are looking at the damage model. Right now, if you aren't using Serrated Blade or Physics Impact in late game, you aren't doing what is necessary to stomp it out. Bullet damage just isn't as reliable, and elemental damages (ice/shock/fire) are too random with how they take effect (i.e. - electrical hits before regular damage, but because of this, the regular damage ends up being reduced against someone who is resistant to electrical).

All in all, a good livestream. Necro looks like a cool idea...buuuuuuuut I kinda hope he loses the Hawk cape.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#9  Edited By Mnemoidian

@jakob187 said:

5. I'm glad they are looking at the damage model. Right now, if you aren't using Serrated Blade or Physics Impact in late game, you aren't doing what is necessary to stomp it out. Bullet damage just isn't as reliable, and elemental damages (ice/shock/fire) are too random with how they take effect (i.e. - electrical hits before regular damage, but because of this, the regular damage ends up being reduced against someone who is resistant to electrical).

Well, I don't disagree with you, but specific weapons outside of those categories are still effective - such as Supra - which admittedly requires quite a lot of work to get really good at those levels.

No Caption Provided

Also, Poison damage is insanely efficient versus high-level enemies. Of course, only the Acrid uses Poison damage currently - and that is limited to people of rank 7 or higher, in clans which have finished the Mutagen research (which we have!). (it should also be noted that Acrid is currently considered the highest damage weapon, primary or secondary, in the game). As an example of that - I did a T3 defense with Rapid, Humanity and Randanger (who was unfortunately disconnected around wave 16 or 17 (out of 20) - Wave 1 I believe had enemies around level 30, with Wave 20's enemies being level 130, I was exclusively using Acrid (except for the rare occasion when I ran out of ammo).

I believe Rapid was using a Hek... not sure what Humanity was using - was too busy killing things to really pay attention to details :) (and it's really unfortunate that Randanger's stats is not included here).

Of course, that said, I do agree with you. If they can "fix" the system to make more weapons viable at high levels, that's great - things are getting a little bit silly with so few weapons actually being viable. Or... it's being silly because a few weapons are very overpowered compared to the rest. :)

(Not so sure about elemental damage decreasing normal damage? Can't find anything about it on this wiki page either - seems to suggest that elemental damage is based on (normal damage of weapon + normal damage mod(s))? (Or I'm being blind?))

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Design council update

Currently there are 2 ongoing design council projects.

Tenno Primary production

There is a poll up where we are to decide which will be the next Tenno primary weapon, the options are:

Poll closes Wednesday, August 21st at 23:59 EDT and so far it seems the Assault rifle is winning. No more information about the weapons have been given.

New Sentinel

We are given the task of naming and designing the skills of a new Sentinel.

No Caption Provided

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mrcraggle

@mrmuscle: Do you get access to stats as part of the design? That assault rifle looks pretty awesome to me.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The new sentinel looks like a pear.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Design council update

There is a poll up for the new sentinel. One with the name and one with the core ability.

Name poll:

• Lifebulb
    • Amp
    • Carrier - WINNING
    • Pulse
    • Ecko

Ability poll:

• Emit a small healing pulse, increasing the amount of health by a certain number and of your teammates by a small amount.
    • Have an ability to detect and collect items throughout the room for its master (including mods). - WINNING
    • Supercharge a Tenno weapon and melee damage for a few seconds when its master is attacked.
    • Emits a quick pulse to the enemy in front of you, ragdolls and forces them away a few meters.
    • Blinds all targets around your Warframe for a short period of time, and reveals enemy weak spots for a very short amount of time. Blind time and revealed weak spot duration increased with rank.

This poll ends Friday, August 30th 23:59PM EDT.

The feedback in the thread is not very good, although some really like the collecting ability.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the collecting radius. If he will collect EVERYTHING then I'm all for it. If he will collect only items that are literally right next to me then thats kind of a waste.

I like the blind/weak spot ability too.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jakob187

@mnemoidian: The whole thing is convoluted when it comes to elemental damage. Here's the best thing I can recommend to everyone: only use Freeze and Armor Piercing mods for elemental damage. The rest (fire and electric) are basically useless. Moreover, if you are using weapons that have Serrated Blade/Physics Impact/Poison/pure Armor Piercing, stack the fuck out of as much Armor Piercing beyond that as you can. The way the damage model works for that shit is INSANE!

Beyond that, I could explain it all to you, but it's so much to type and I even lose track of the shit when I'm typing it. It's ridiculous.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Update coming this Friday, if you are founder you can now flaunt it. , You can wear your Founders Badge.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was a pretty easy event to finish - managed over 30 minutes on my first (and only) attempt with a random PUG, and saw that the top people had run for over 3 hours. Which sounds genuinely impressive, considering how hectic things were getting at the 30 minute mark (though, according to the post game stats, 2 of the team were dead weight - and the guy playing Ember outperformed me (Excal) by quite a lot. Not really surprising, considering how good Overheat is at reducing damage taken, and World on Fire is at dealing damage to everything.

It was a good break from the usual rush game play that previous events have encouraged, though - glad to see that they are looking to break away from just doing that as well.

EchoEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By EchoEcho

I'm not in the official GB clan (have a small one of my own with my gf and brother), and I usually play solo, but I can't seem to make it past the 12-minute mark on my own and I'd really like that Strun Wraith. Thing is, I'm not exactly amazing at the game, and I have a (probably unnecessary) hang-up about inflicting myself on random strangers. If any patient duders are willing to team up with with to try and hit that 20-minute mark, I'd be really grateful for the assistance.

Edit: Derp, I should probably mention -- my username in-game is EchoEcho as well.

Edit 2: Edit Harder: Managed to make the 20 minutes (bit the bullet and went with a PUG; I keep weird hours, so I wasn't sure if I'd get another shot). @mnemoidian was right, it's really not hard to get to the 20-minute mark even with a random group.

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MrMuscle

I definitely recommend people to run the event as many times as possible as it is a loot run like no other. 48 minutes is my best run this far and i got 90 mods out of it and a ton of resources. Time that with maybe 15 runs so far and you get an idea of what is possible here.

Rhino with a formad Acrid worked pretty good the first 30 minutes and then the Stomp just didnt do enough damage, Rhino Skin got wasted in seconds but Roar helped still.

Vauban with Acrid and Torid seems like a sure thing even if you are going for long runs against infested. You have both control and damage that is sustainable even when mobs get over lvl 100.

Loki seems like a great choice for Grineer. Disarming them would save you alot of grief when they start shooting rockets and throwing flame all over the place.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By rapid

Update 10 good and all

Things that I'm looking forward to

• Necro Warframe interesting
    • SCARFS
    • Golem (Attack on Warframe) boss

but I'm starting think that they should really overhaul what they have and not just add new content.

• Game Performance is declining
    • Netcode (Has not improved from a user prespective)
    • There are still several known bugs that have not been addressed since update 9
    • UI Needs Overhaul (akamikeb's video expresses my sentiments well)
      I Really hope they overhaul the UI, I have to imagine they will need to rework the UI especially for the PS4 version.
    Loading Video...

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh god yes, spend more time on the UI! I have 3-4 Warframes i really enjoy but i mostly stick with 1 because of the hassle of changing mods around. Same with weapons, I SO hope they can come up with a solution for this.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My most desired changes right now are:

• Loadouts for everything that uses mods (Warframes, Sentinels, Weapons)
    • Unified mods for all warframes (so I don't actually need to press "remove all" whenever I want to use something else).

Beyond that... new stuff, I guess? :P

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want loadouts so badly. If you're someone with a lot of frames and weapons and mods, changing that shit quickly should be key just like CoD where you can save you weapons, perks, gear etc. It's even more crucial when it comes to certain missions because I don't want to take a new frame with low level weapons that i'm all trying to gain experience with into a survival mission so I have to spend additional time going through, picking the warframe, the mods, the weapons and it's just tedious. I have faith that they'll come up with something as they update on a very regularly basis. If anyone here played APB, you'd appreciate Digital Extremes more so.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ravenlight

It's not exactly loadouts but the new patch eliminates the need to strip mods from one frame/weapon to put them on a new one. Progress!

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrcraggle@mnemoidian@ravenlight@humanity

Update 9.8 is live https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/102835-update-98/

Mods are now shared! You can now re-use mods on multiple warframes without having to remove them!!!!

Quote:

• You may notice that mods you have equipped in a weapon are in your options for customization in other weapons. You no longer need to remove the mod from weapon X to equip in weapon Y, it will appear in the UI for you now.

• Addition: If you find yourself saying "Now I wasted mods fusing up duplicate X because I can equip the same mod twice on Sentinel/etc." This will likely not be possible in the future so don't sell your duplicates!

I would still like to see loud-outs since I would like to custom builds for the same warframe suited for different scenarios

CHANGES:

Ember:

• Fireball: Fixed the damage-over-time (DOT) attaching to the target. Increased the damage amount and damage over time.
    • Fire Skin: Fire skin is now an offensive power rather than a defensive power. Reduced damage resistance and increased the damage output. Warframe strength mods now modify the damage amount.
    • Fire Blast: Fixed scaling problem, mesh scaled but the damage wall never did. Range mods no longer affect Fire blast, Duration and strength mods do.

Mag: Definitely feels more buffed!

• Pull: Change damage type to use ragdolls for the pulling instead of sliding. Increased amount of damage dealt. Should be more in-line with other Warframe powers now.
    • Shield Polarize: Radial damage that is dealt when shields are removed is now scaled based on fusion level.
    • Bullet Attractor: Added damage multiplier on the targeted enemy, making ability much more deadly.
    • Crush: Damage timing changes.

Trinity

• Well of Life: Now plays reaction animation, Life is 10x multiplied allowing players to leech enough health out.
    • Energy Vampire: Now plays reaction animation and doesn't require damage to get energy. Instead target radiates a set amount of energy every couple of seconds. Also does damage to the target (Damage scales with strength mod).
    • Link: No longer damage immunity--changed to damage reduction, now links to several targets at once amplifying the incoming damage. Increased radius search for link targets.
    • Blessing: Anim speed changes and timing. No longer wait until end of casting animation to get power effects.

Vauban:

• Bastille: Ability now has a set number of targets. 6-8-10-12 (SAD FACE D:)
    • Vortex: No longer affects other players.

Nyx:

• Psychic Daggers: Projectiles now seek and fly faster, more in line with other Warframes.
    • Absorb: Ability now has higher base damage and should attract more attention.
    Loading Video...

Mag Pull seems more viable with the damage buff, and because I now can more easily place better mods on her.

I raised her shields to 1170 which is awesome!

Haven't gotten a chance to try bullet attractor yet in a meaningful way.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rapid: Nyx projectiles needed a damage buff more than anything, they are basically useless with anything mid range and higher. Until they completely re-vamp Nyx abilities then it's going to remain a defense mission Warframe.

Some cool changes, I might check them out, haven't played in a while as Sants Row really sucked my time away and Warframe kind of stopped evolving in a meaningful way.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rapid: The mod sharing is a blessing in disguise. Just wish my RAT 7 hadn't broke because playing with my current mouse just causes my hand to ache so I'm not on much at the mo.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Humanity

@mrcraggle: Just hook up a 360 controller and you're good to go.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: I've tried it with a 360 controller and I really don't like playing it that way. I'm using a laptop mouse at the moment but it's just no where near as comfortable is the only thing. It'll have to suffice for the time being.

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I play most everything with a controller and Warframe is no exception. It works pretty well unless you want precise wall running, then it can become nightmarish. Doing Void runs and finding treasure rooms that require some pin point wall running/climbing can be rough. Oh and the Mastery test for rank 6 was NOT easy :D

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When did they change the inventory so you bring in all of your items?

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrcraggle: same update, but those inventory items are getting redacted soon. But for the time being bring 200 team heals into a mission is pretty awesome.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rapid: I thought it would be as it goes against the idea of being thoughtful of what to bring into a mission. As is, if you ever need to unlock a door you can just use your Ciphers and go about your merry way.

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw a guy in the forums who had bought over 2000 ciphers yesterday. He will never have to play a minigame again for the rest of his life hehe.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrcraggle: @rapid: Yeah, that change seemed really weird and counter-intuitive - glad to hear it was a "bug"/"mistake" and is getting fixed.

Then again, can't remember last time I used an "inventory item" outside of T3 void missions. Not sure I have the patience to buy 200 of each of the gear, though.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By mrcraggle

@mrmuscle: Gotta get them before they disappear :P I only ended up buying ciphers in the first place because I'm so bored of the unlocking minigame.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrcraggle: As I understood it, they aren't "going away", so much as they are going to be moved from the shop to the foundry in "some (currently unknown) form".

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mrcraggle

@mnemoidian: I think at that point, people aren't really going to care to craft them though. They're just a convenient little thing at the moment but I wouldn't spend my resources I've collected on them either.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmuscle said:

I play most everything with a controller and Warframe is no exception. It works pretty well unless you want precise wall running, then it can become nightmarish. Doing Void runs and finding treasure rooms that require some pin point wall running/climbing can be rough. Oh and the Mastery test for rank 6 was NOT easy :D

The movement isn't the greatest, but once i switched my buttons around i haven't had to much trouble wall running. I mess up more because i forget the buttons now. The default controller scheme makes no sense at all.

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmuscle said:

The movement isn't the greatest, but once i switched my buttons around i haven't had to much trouble wall running. I mess up more because i forget the buttons now. The default controller scheme makes no sense at all.

How does your layout look now?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmuscle said:

@oursin_360 said:

@mrmuscle said:

How does your layout look now?

I'd like to BUTT in and share my controller scheme since I'm also curious how people play with a controller and agree the default scheme is insane.

L Trigger - Aim

R Trigger - Shoot

L Bumper - Sprint

R bumper - Melee

A - jump

Y - switch weapon

X - reload

B - interact

Left Stick Click - Crouch

Right Stick Click - Use Active power

L d pad/ R d pad - Cycle Power left/right

With this configuration I sprint holding the left bumper and have the rest of my hands free for everything. I can sprint and click in the left stick to slide, while at the same time aiming with my right stick.

The only thing that you can't easily do is front flips although I can't remember why at the moment since I haven't played in a week or so. If I remember correctly it should be Sprint + crouch + jump - so L.Bump + L3 + A should be pretty easy which makes me think that I might have the powers and crouch reversed but no idea why.

My melee is on Right Bumper because I used to have the Glaive equipped a lot in the past and needed to be able to aim while charging melee.

What do you guys use?

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

I'd like to BUTT in and share my controller scheme since I'm also curious how people play with a controller and agree the default scheme is insane.

L Trigger - Aim

R Trigger - Shoot

L Bumper - Sprint

R bumper - Melee

A - jump

Y - switch weapon

X - reload

B - interact

Right Stick Click - Use Active power

L d pad/ R d pad - Cycle Power left/right

With this configuration I sprint holding the left bumper and have the rest of my hands free for everything. I can sprint and click in the left stick to slide, while at the same time aiming with my right stick.

The only thing that you can't easily do is front flips although I can't remember why at the moment since I haven't played in a week or so. If I remember correctly it should be Sprint + crouch + jump - so L.Bump + L3 + A should be pretty easy which makes me think that I might have the powers and crouch reversed but no idea why.

My melee is on Right Bumper because I used to have the Glaive equipped a lot in the past and needed to be able to aim while charging melee.

What do you guys use?

L Trigger - Aim

R Trigger - Shoot

L Bumper - block

R bumper - Melee

A - run/dodge

Y - switch weapon

X - jump

B - interact

Right Stick Click - reload

D-pad - Each set to different power, I set power to use on activation so I don't have to waste an entire button to use active power.

Select - I had it set to items, but i don't think it's possible to use items with the controller anyway, so i set it to way point marker.

I find with this way, i can run and jump easily for wall climbing and power sliding etc. Blocking also feels more intuitive for me (i just wish it had a lock on).

I'm going to try and see if i can use the middle button on the xbox controller for something too

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: I never even use blocking but I find your use of X/A pretty interesting and will give it a shot.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. DE just posted on their Facebook that Friday the 13th could be "the luckiest day for ALL Tenno...", which makes me think that Update 10 is hitting on the 13th. Little odd but fitting. SCARVES, YO!

2. I use the default controller scheme. I don't really see the need to change it. Then again, what the fuck is blocking? *casts Iron Skin, walks through everything, never dies*

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@oursin_360: I never even use blocking but I find your use of X/A pretty interesting and will give it a shot.

I find it a lot easier to hit the two buttons together that way. I find i tend not to block to much either, but it looks dope and deflects a lot of bullet damage.

@jakob187 said:

1. DE just posted on their Facebook that Friday the 13th could be "the luckiest day for ALL Tenno...", which makes me think that Update 10 is hitting on the 13th. Little odd but fitting. SCARVES, YO!

2. I use the default controller scheme. I don't really see the need to change it. Then again, what the fuck is blocking? *casts Iron Skin, walks through everything, never dies*

1. Have they announced anything about the new update? What they'll be changing etc?

2. With the default i found it impossible to move and dodge at the same time, it would be ok JUST for running but you can't really click down and hit specific directions with any sorta accuracy. IMO

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By rapid

Posted recently on the Warframe Design Council forum is a Mag Prime Wallpaper (The helmet looks so weird!)

It looks like she is carrying a prime version of the Burston

No Caption Provided

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Humanity

@rapid: That looks great, like all Primes, but the swirly galaxy head is going to be especially awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.