Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 11, 2010

The first full expansion to Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II. The game takes place one year after the events of Dawn of War II. Now the Blood Ravens are forced to liberate the planet Aurelia from the evil grip of the Chaos Marines.

A Public Service Announcement: Power and You

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

Edited By DocHaus

Maybe it's just me, but I've been noticing a trend in DoWII games online, maybe because I've been spending most of it playing as a "pubbie" with other pubbies, but it's been sticking in my craw.

Yes, capturing the Victory Points are critical in ranked matches in order to prosper, but before you vie for control of these points, there are three important things you should know:

* Cap the fucking power node
        * CAP THE FUCKING POWER NODE

Why do I say this? Because it fucking bears repeating after witnessing several matches where one or two teammates feel that if they just mass most of their units around the victory point closest to our base, that will be enough to ward off any attacker. Then the other side advances to Tier 2 tech while we're still buying flamers and plasma grenades for our basic troops. This annoys me to no end when the other side has enough power to build a line of turrets guarding the point and each other, or when a chaos player sends a Bloodcrusher stomping through our front line while our team doesn't have a single anti-vehicle unit.

And you know how the enemy is capable of teching up so quickly? Because you people don't cap the fucking power nodes, or if you do, you forget to actually build generators on them. As a result, they're rolling out the bloodcrushers and the fucking dreadnaughts while we're still picking our noses trying to invent fire (metaphorically speaking) and by the time we get around to it the match is practically over. They can afford to upgrade their units and build suppressive turrets or boys while we're still trying to break through with basic marines or sluggaz or what-have-you at tier 1, and someone just sighs in defeat and reaches for the "concede match" button.

So please, people, for the love of the fucking Emperor, cap the fucking power node, defend it when you can, and give your side a shot at victory. Think of the Greater Good (or Evil, or WAAAAGH! if that's your thing) and don't just sit on one point for the whole match, thinking it will bring you victory, because it will not save you when the other side begins rolling out the vehicles.

[This PSA written by some duder who didn't want to create a shitty one-line blog post for the sake of the "quest." May all those who do so burn in the fire of a thousand suns.]

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By DocHaus

Maybe it's just me, but I've been noticing a trend in DoWII games online, maybe because I've been spending most of it playing as a "pubbie" with other pubbies, but it's been sticking in my craw.

Yes, capturing the Victory Points are critical in ranked matches in order to prosper, but before you vie for control of these points, there are three important things you should know:

* CAP THE FUCKING POWER NODE

Why do I say this? Because it fucking bears repeating after witnessing several matches where one or two teammates feel that if they just mass most of their units around the victory point closest to our base, that will be enough to ward off any attacker. Then the other side advances to Tier 2 tech while we're still buying flamers and plasma grenades for our basic troops. This annoys me to no end when the other side has enough power to build a line of turrets guarding the point and each other, or when a chaos player sends a Bloodcrusher stomping through our front line while our team doesn't have a single anti-vehicle unit.

And you know how the enemy is capable of teching up so quickly? Because you people don't cap the fucking power nodes, or if you do, you forget to actually build generators on them. As a result, they're rolling out the bloodcrushers and the fucking dreadnaughts while we're still picking our noses trying to invent fire (metaphorically speaking) and by the time we get around to it the match is practically over. They can afford to upgrade their units and build suppressive turrets or boys while we're still trying to break through with basic marines or sluggaz or what-have-you at tier 1, and someone just sighs in defeat and reaches for the "concede match" button.

So please, people, for the love of the fucking Emperor, cap the fucking power node, defend it when you can, and give your side a shot at victory. Think of the Greater Good (or Evil, or WAAAAGH! if that's your thing) and don't just sit on one point for the whole match, thinking it will bring you victory, because it will not save you when the other side begins rolling out the vehicles.

[This PSA written by some duder who didn't want to create a shitty one-line blog post for the sake of the "quest." May all those who do so burn in the fire of a thousand suns.]

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.