Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Retribution

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 01, 2011

Ten years after the events of Chaos Rising, sub-sector Aurelia is still engulfed in all out war. In this third installment of Dawn of War II, you decide the victor!

The last stand

leburgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By leburgan

Wow, compared to the last game this is terribly hard. Like ridiculous. The Imperial commander seems really underpowered at least at level one, but even then with the other commanders I'm still finding it hard to fight past even level 8 which is where it used to get hard. How do you all feel about the new last stand. I like the challenge but its taking longer to level up.

CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By CoverlessTech

Your not suppose to play it with low level characters... level up on the other map first.

It is a much harder map, but that's kinda the point.

HumanityPlague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By HumanityPlague

I've yet to get into a match.  Tried earlier today, waited for 15 minutes in the game lobby, and no one showed (even though it said it found games).  When I tried later, the mode just wouldn't load at all.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Seedofpower

Yeah the new map is much much much smaller than the old one, and the enemies don't give up the chase as easily as they used to.

ArjanN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ArjanN

The new map starts harder but actually might be easier overall because it doesn't have the clones of yourself, so you can acutually use wargear like the Space Marine's revive power, or the Hive Tyrant searing damage without screwing your team over.

And yeah the Last Stand matchmaking seems a bit buggy at the moment.
    Bismarck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bismarck

If anyone wants to play the last stand, I'm willing to play. Got  a Force Commander lvl 16. Tried the new map with some random people and we reached wave 11, and got smashed. 
    So yeah if anyone wants to play, you can pm here, or on steam : 
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/BeerMeng/

rybrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By rybrad
    @ArjanN said:
    " The new map starts harder but actually might be easier overall because it doesn't have the clones of yourself, so you can acutually use wargear like the Space Marine's revive power, or the Hive Tyrant searing damage without screwing your team over. And yeah the Last Stand matchmaking seems a bit buggy at the moment. "
    This is true, not having clones made a HUGE difference and my group was able to beat it fairly low level compared to the original.
    Bismarck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bismarck

Was able to beat it with 2x Hive Tyrants, those suckers sure are op atm. Lvl 20 Hive Tyrant dominates. I was with my lvl 17 Space marines, they just wiped . They didnt die even once, I did 3 times and my dread was getting slapped around like a little girl( was gonna say something else but decided to go with this).

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Seedofpower
    @tankintheair315:@CoverlessTech:@ArjanN:@Bismarck:@rybrad: 

Time to level a Hive Tyrant.

I already have. I beat the first map with me as a hive tyrant and 2 sorcerers. Perfect Run. They tell me that 3 tyrants are the way to beat the new map. Almost like cheating.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Seedofpower said:
    " @tankintheair315:@CoverlessTech:@ArjanN:@Bismarck:@rybrad: 

I already have. I beat the first map with me as a hive tyrant and 2 sorcerers. Perfect Run. They tell me that 3 tyrants are the way to beat the new map. Almost like cheating. "
    What makes HT so good? I've been playing HT since the beginning, whats their loadout?
    Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Seedofpower
    @Jeffsekai:  Yeah, i met some hardcore last stand guys and they showed me the loadout.
    No Caption Provided
    There is another version. Where you replace the Enlarged talons with the Crushing Talons and Evolution commander item with the Synapses Commander Item. They both do the same thing but I like this build better.
    Bismarck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bismarck

new map is  perfect with  2 tyrants + 1 random class
    old map was  perfect with 2 seers + 1 class or even 3 seers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.