Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 19, 2009

The sequel to Relic's critically-acclaimed Dawn of War does away with economizing and base building in favor of a more involved combat system with RPG elements.

Is anyone going to buy DOW2 after their impression of the beta

Avatar image for fire_marshall_bill
    Fire_Marshall_Bill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

it certainly seems DOW2 is a good game, but it seems to have fallen way short of it's expectations.  so i'm curious is anyone going to buy it?

deathfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By deathfury

No, I don't think I will buy it, it seemed too much like CoH than DOW, I loved the original DOW but this goes to far away from the original formula for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
    deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

No cause I got bored of the Multiplayer already so why would I buy it now I've had access to basically the full multiplayer experience, minus a few maps?

Xiemos2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Xiemos2

I'm definitely going to buy it. I was pretty hyped for Dawn of War 2.. being that I loved CoH, and I liked the fact that they were pushing the no base management concept and focusing it more on the battefield..I just wasn't sure how it was going to turn out. The AI (even expert) is terrible, and I don't really like 1vs1's; however, I've had some fuckin' awesome 3v3's with a friend. Just the constant push and pull..I dunno, it's the most fun I've had in an RTS in quite some time.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

My impression was that the game doesn't have any single player. :P

I know the full game will have SP, but learning how to play a game by getting my ass kicked isn't my idea of a good time.

Avatar image for deactivated-6610658acf7f5
    deactivated-6610658acf7f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't played Company of Heroes, so the gameplay in Dawn of War 2 is new to me. I really enjoy the cover mechanics, the squad-based units, the upgrade system. It all really puts old-school RTS to shame (I'm looking at you, Starcraft 2).

Though I thought I would miss the larger armies from the original Dawn of War, the up-close battles in the sequel feel just as epic. And since you're using less units for a much longer time, firefights are much more intimate.

People are complaining about the low number of different types of units you can build, but once you consider the upgrades you can apply to each unit, diversity skyrockets.

A number of things about this game have convinced me to preorder (moving my Space Marines from cover-to-cover like a top-down Gears of War was one of them), but my coolest noob moment was when I thought to attack a tank with my dreadnought from behind and was rewarded with a supreme damage bonus.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.