Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhawk

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Aug 28, 2007

Based on the original PlayStation game of the same name, Warhawk for the PlayStation 3 opts for team-based multiplayer action on the ground and in the air instead of single-player flight combat.

Still worth buying?

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By samcotts

So we're approaching the time of the year where the most anticipated games are beginning to be released, and soon we'll be seeing big games being released every other week up until Christmas, and I need to spend wisely. And I want to know if Warhawk is still worth buying, and if it would last me a long time. I don't want to buy another game where I get bored after a week of playing and never return to it.

So would you still recommend Warhawk? If so, should I download any game packs as well? What should I expect from Warhawk? Should I just save my cash for upcoming games?

Thanks.

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By AaronBelfast

Well you won't get bored of Warhawk but you could be put off by the learning curve and if you were to return it it would be due to the learning curve, not because of it being boring.

There is still a good amount of people online so thats not a problem..

Yea you probaly should download the game packs but only the Fallen Star one (it has Jet Packs and the other two aren't that good, IMO)

You should just expect it to be hard but the training mode in the Warhawk update helps you out alot. The devs of Warhawk also update it alot like new maps game packs etc.

I would buy this game now to tie you over until October comes with the great games but if you were to buy it i October, it will most likely be sitting on the shelf collectiong dust seeing as there will be more superior games come October.

Conclusion=Buy but only if you can find it cheap-ish.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Pibo47

Its a pretty good game, nothing amazing. But its worth buying if you can find it cheap, like Aaron said.

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By TheJollyRajah

This game is probably the best multiplayer experience available on the PS3 as of now. It has an awesome community, and the developers listen to the players and update the game frequently with booster packs and other neat things to keep the game fresh. I think it's only 30 bucks in the PSN online store right now. It does have a steep learning curve, but it's highly rewarding and satisfying once you become better. Plus, it'll help you with your trophy collection. The devs recently put them in with update 1.5.

Get it. You won't regret it.

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By samcotts

Thanks. I'm downloading it now. I'll post again with my initial thoughts on the game.

The fact that it has a steep learning curve is actually quite appealing to me.

packfan104l4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By packfan104l4
    samcotts said:
    "Thanks. I'm downloading it now. I'll post again with my initial thoughts on the game.

The fact that it has a steep learning curve is actually quite appealing to me."
    Expect not to get a kill within the first hour of hopping online  :p   I got so frustrated initially I put the game away for 3 weeks.  Came back and loved it.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By kush

I want to get this game, but I want the physical copy without the headset....haven't seen a used copy at any of my local Gamestops. I guess there is always Ebay.

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheJollyRajah

Great! Like Packfan said, don't be discouraged if you suck. Just keep practicing and surely enough, you'll get the hang of it and it will become more and more enjoyable.

At first, I thought the flight and ground controls were horrible. Over time it grew on me and now it's a breeze.

If you're ever up for a quick match or two my PSN name is TheJollyRajah.

Good luck man.

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By samcotts

Well it's been great so far, Warhawk is a lot of fun. I've got something like 25 kills to 75 deaths XD. I haven't really mastered flying just yet, but fighting on ground seems just as fun. I think I may have to download the game packs later.

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheJollyRajah

Yeah, I'd say that it's best just to download the newest one, Fallen Star. The others aren't that great. Of course, you can get all the boosters for 16 bucks, but I'd rather just spend 8 for Fallen Star. Jetpacks really change the pace of the game.

And I think there's a training thing in the options before you log on to Warhawk. It teaches you how to dodge missiles and stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.