Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

Cliffy B on Wii U

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

Here's what Cliffy B has said regarding the Wii U recently:

Being raised on All Things Nintendo I will always I love all things Nintendo. I'll be watching the Wii U closely. I think Nintendo may have initially lost a little of their core with the Wii for a bit, honestly, and they seem to have realized this. I believe they also recognize that we live in a "multi-screen" culture hence the controller design. I played ZombiU at PAX and it was promising (even though the controls could use a little loving!) so we'll have to wait and see.

That first sentence without a pause made me laugh, I still remember how Cliffy B featured in issues of Nintendo Power as a kid. Epic Games once said the Wii was like a virus infecting the videogame industry, they've certainly changed their tune, haha. I wonder why. There have been rumours regarding a joint project between Nintendo and Epic Games, but we'll have to wait and see if there's any truth to it. After their work on Shadow Complex, a downloadable 2D Metroid would be nice.

http://gamingbolt.com/cliffyb-talks-about-bulletstorm-oculus-wii-u-and-new-unreal-tournament

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By sickVisionz

The evil organization from Shadow Complex should cryofreeze the main guy for experimentation. Aliens land on Earth and in the chaos, he is forgotten about for centuries only to be awoken by the aliens, who befriend him. Years later, the aliens face a threat and you scrap together a band of pirates and bounty hunters to help you defend the aliens. You play that as a Wii U game where you're hunting down the person killing the aliens but you never get a good look at them until the final boss where you find out it's been Samus Aran and the aliens were Metroids. WiiU functionality is anti-coop where one person plays Samus on the tablet doing her campaign while the big screen plays as Shadow Complex dude.

That is my Epic x Nintendo dream. Anything less from Epic will be a massive disappointment. Unless it's the Jazz Jackrabbit sequel we've all been waiting for.

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

Well, I can see how that could work, in a deranged developers mind :)

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By N7

I was hoping it'd be some Wii U exclusive Cliffy B simulator or something. I'd buy a Wii U for that.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RazielCuts

@sickVisionz: Who would be the 'main guy' at Chair (developer of Shadow Complex)? Because don't get it twisted in thinking Clifford B is the 'main guy' in Epic, he's the face they put out there (don't get me wrong, he does his thing but yeah I'd say tim-sweeney or michael-v-capps is as they have control on where the company goes next. Cliff is good at speaking in front of a camera/ does interviews wells in that environment so he's put out there a lot). He's had practice - *posting obligatory Cliffyphoria vid* -

*Edit* Re reading your post I think you meant the 'main guy' from the game and not the developer? Sorry if I took it the wrong way, I just always found it weird how people latched onto personalities creating a game. Like Cliff making Gears, Jade Raymond making Assassins Creed, Randy Pitched making Borderlands, the Bioware doctors making Mass Effect/Dragon Age; when really there's a whole team behind the decisions that get made and put into the game.

Anyway! Cool, lol. (slightly drunk on a friday night in between playing borderlands 2 co op)

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By MikkaQ

My true issue with the Wii U is that if we do live in a multi-screen culture, how the fuck am I supposed to surf the net on my iPad while playing Wii U games if I'm already keeping track of two screens? Fuck you Nintendo for complicated my privileged life.

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

Wow, that's my Wii friend Teany!, she ran a blog on Microsoft's community site on10.net years ago, I had no fricking idea she worked for G4TV!, and with Laura, who also worked at on10.net too!. It all makes sense now...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.