Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

How do you feel about the Wii U? or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Make Too Many Poll Options

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FunkasaurasRex

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FunkasaurasRex

So I've been considering getting a Wii U for some time and with the latest Nintendo Direct I'm just curious how the Giant Bomb community currently feels about the Wii U.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
    Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

I think this poll should be closed and you should make a more sensible one with less options, that in turn will promote relevant discussion.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FunkasaurasRex

@Imsorrymsjackson said:

I think this poll should be closed and you should make a more sensible one with less options, that in turn will promote relevant discussion.

I don't believe in sensibility. Or ghosts.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Sterling

Boom boom acka lacka lacka boom

Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By Shaunage

I was just starting to get angry about owning one and then Nintendo announced a bunch of kind of exciting games.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Vexxan

I will buy one eventually when Wind Waker HD is out, hopefully some of those brand new games are released around that time as well.

Rave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Rave

I'm really enjoying it, I have went back to the wii library playing games I missed since there isn't alot out for the wiiu yet.

The new announcements have me pumped.

Shaanyboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Shaanyboi

It's cool. The recent Nintendo Direct gave it a brighter outlook for the future.

It definitely has problems with functionality etc., but all in all, it's okay. Whatever, it's the thing I bought to play Nintendo's games and the occasional weird third party experiment, and it's filled that hole pretty well.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By DeF

@FunkasaurasRex:

I'm pretty happy with it. It's got some growing pains that need to be ironed out but at this point in its life, that's nothing to be too worried about. Off-TV Play and Miiverse support are things I want in as many games as possible. They're both purely made of awesome! It will be very very hard for me to decide between sharper visuals and those platform specific features when it comes to multiplatform games landing on Wii U and PC.

MoonlightMoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By MoonlightMoth

I'll likely get a Wii U once it's somewhat cheaper, and when the number of games I really want on it reach some vague critical mass.

Lavapotamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lavapotamus

When I'm dealing with the console itself, I get irritated. Those menu load times are agonizing, Miiverse and the friends list need to be one app, I can't turn off the gamepad while downloading anything, and I can't play VC games on just the gamepad yet.

When I'm playing a game, though, I love it. I see the Wii U as a giant DS for my home, and I fucking loved the DS. I like the idea of giving developers a sandbox of input options and seeing what they do with it all. Of course, it helps that the traditional games I have are still great, too. I guess I see the system as a slow burn, like the Wii was for me. I don't buy Nintendo systems to serve as my only console anymore, but I do buy them because I think there's enough exclusive experiences on each that I don't want to miss.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.