Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

So I have a bit of a problem.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kishinfoulux

In an odd, cruel, twist of fate I actually found a Deluxe Wii U today while I was out. Great news right? Well the problem was I had already had one backordered on Gamestop's website. According to them they would receive their shipment in 3 days. I placed the order Sunday Night. I figured "okay I can just cancel my online order and get the one in the store". I purchase it from the store and go to cancel my online order. I get some kind of error. I tried several times and no result. I sent an email to Gamestop informing them of the cancellation, but said I wouldn't get a response for 24-48 hours. I think to myself "well they said they wouldn't get shipment for 3 days so I should be good and they'll reply by then. I should be okay right? NOPE.

Just got an email before saying my order has SHIPPED. Even worse I got 1 day delivery so it'll be here tomorrow. I tried calling both Gamestop and UPS, but of course, their hotlines are closed for the day. Is there anything I can do? I'm guessing I'll just have to return it upon it's arrival, but I'd really prefer for UPS to just send it right back and avoid the hassle.

It's just ironic because I couldn't find the damn thing and now I'm going to own two of them. >_>

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By murisan

ebay/craigslist.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By handlas

I was in a similar situation recently where I ordered a product but then was able to get it way cheaper later after the first order shipped. I didn't do this but I read that u can refuse a package and the UPS person will send it back and u can be refunded. This was with FedEx for me tho.

The way to refuse a package: Be at the place it is delivered and tell the delivery person you refuse it, leave a note for the person, or return it to a UPS location.

I can't confirm that it works but maybe? Either way I returned my item for a refund and kept the cheaper one so it worked out for me in the end.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By colourful_hippie

Yeah just sell it. You should still be in the small window of opportunity to get your money back or make a profit on one of those things.

Garfield518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Garfield518

You can bring it in to your nearest GameStop.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/Returns.aspx

"Items may be returned by taking them to a GameStop store location in the United States. Items returned to a GameStop store location must be accompanied by the original packing list. Store return policies may vary and are subject to manager approval."

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kishinfoulux

@handlas said:

I was in a similar situation recently where I ordered a product but then was able to get it way cheaper later after the first order shipped. I didn't do this but I read that u can refuse a package and the UPS person will send it back and u can be refunded. This was with FedEx doe me tho.

I can't confirm that it works but maybe? Either way I returned my item for a refund and kept the cheaper one so it worked out for me in the end.

I actually just read about that. Apparently if they drop it off, as long as I don't open it I can call them and have them send it back. If I actually meet the delivery guy I can just not sign for it and refuse. It's really my only option right now. I saw someone else also suggest to just leave a note on the door with the tracking number saying to refuse it.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By The_Nubster

@kishinfoulux: Sell it you fool, sell it. SELL IT AND MAKE MONEY.

eskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By eskimo

wow, refusing the package after your ordered it is an absolute dick move. The company has to pay for the cost of the return, and would susbsequently pass it on to the consumer.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kishinfoulux

Selling is tempting, but also not guaranteed. It's not a risk I want to take.

@eskimo said:

wow, refusing the package after your ordered it is an absolute dick move. The company has to pay for the cost of the return, and would susbsequently pass it on to the consumer.

Well if Gamestop had just let me cancel my order, like any other website, it'd be a non issue. I've cancelled orders on Amazon before no problem. No idea why it was giving me problems there though.

Also since it's Gamestop I don't feel the least bit bad about screwing them over. Again that's what they get for just not letting me cancel in the first place.

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By frankfartmouth

You don't have a problem at all, you probably have a $50-100 profit after fees and everything if you just flip it on ebay. This is fortuitous my friend. Take advantage.

bigsmoke77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bigsmoke77

@frankfartmouth: @Colourful_Hippie: I give you 50 bucks if you find me a Wii U that has a bid on it that is over 50 bucks, there is not limited supply and as a result nobody is over bidding the retail price. Do some fucking research before you pull something out of your ass.

@kishinfoulux: Just do what said Garfield518 and take it to your local gamestop with the packing slip and you will be able to return it, I have returned stuff before that I have bought online from them.

eskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By eskimo

@kishinfoulux: You missed my point. You're not screwing over Gamestop, you're screwing over Gamestop's customers. All because you think that somebody else should pay for your impatience.

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By frankfartmouth

@bigsmoke77 said:

@frankfartmouth: @Colourful_Hippie: I give you 50 bucks if you find me a Wii U that has a bid on it that is over 50 bucks, there is not limited supply and as a result nobody is over bidding the retail price. Do some fucking research before you pull something out of your ass.
    No Caption Provided

Looks like you owe me 50 bucks you little asshole. I was just trying to be nice and give you a heads up on an opportunity. I own an ebay business, and I've been looking at the Wii U for quite awhile as a potential money maker. The profits are dipping, but they're still there. They were stable at about 500 until launch and will steadily drop over the next month, but they're still profitable. I've done my research. Maybe you should do some before you start shooting your mouth off.

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BlatantNinja23

Either refuse delivery, or return it. I doubt gamestop doesn't have a return policy. Especially since you won't even open it.

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cannonballbam

@Garfield518 said:

You can bring it in to your nearest GameStop.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/Returns.aspx

"Items may be returned by taking them to a GameStop store location in the United States. Items returned to a GameStop store location must be accompanied by the original packing list. Store return policies may vary and are subject to manager approval."

Good looking out man. Just return it in store.

zonikjj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zonikjj

You can return the Wii U you bought from the store. Easy.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By murisan

@kishinfoulux: Return it to Gamestop. Someone said they do that.

EDIT: A brick and mortar store.

eskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By eskimo

@frankfartmouth: If you paused for a second to wipe the froth from your mouth you would realise that you arent even responding to the OP. Your own ebay store you say.... do you wwebsite as on the internet?

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#19  Edited By Hector

So everyone here has given you great advise, the decision is up to U!

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By GalacticPunt

@eskimo said:

@kishinfoulux: You missed my point. You're not screwing over Gamestop, you're screwing over Gamestop's customers. All because you think that somebody else should pay for your impatience.

How can I convey how hard I'm rolling my eyes at you? This is Gamestop we're all talking about. Selling new consoles and games is the "loss leader" aspect of their business anyway. They make the real money through collecting interest on people's pre-orders, and keeping customers in their ecosystem trading in used games for cheap then selling high.

Gamestop could care less about eating $10, if that, on shipping one console to a guy who returns it to his closest store. It's launch month, that particular Wii U will sell again in days, if not hours. And the transaction won't even be a blip on their balance sheets. Gamestop will continue to screw over their customers with their pyramid scheme of buying and selling used games, they never needed

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By colourful_hippie
    @frankfartmouth

@bigsmoke77 said:

No Caption Provided

Looks like you owe me 50 bucks you little asshole. I was just trying to be nice and give you a heads up on an opportunity. I own an ebay business, and I've been looking at the Wii U for quite awhile as a potential money maker. The profits are dipping, but they're still there. They were stable at about 500 until launch and will steadily drop over the next month, but they're still profitable. I've done my research. Maybe you should do some before you start shooting your mouth off.

Thanks for shutting the asshole up, I was gonna say he could at least have gotten his money back but it looks you were the one who actually did some research.
    Blastroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By Blastroid

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@frankfartmouth

@bigsmoke77 said:

No Caption Provided

Thanks for shutting the asshole up, I was gonna say he could at least have gotten his money back but it looks you were the one who actually did some research.

Agree, sell it on Ebay and don't stick matches in your ear.

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By frankfartmouth

@eskimo: That's right, I have an ebay store. It's how I make my shitty living. I'm certainly not bringing it up as some sort of bragging right. And my error in assuming I was replying to the OP doesn't obscure hardly any of what I said. If someone comes at me with a tone like that, without provocation, I'm going to bat it back at them, especially when every bit of what they are saying is starkly and provably incorrect. I don't see the problem with that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.