Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

Your WiiU software wish list?

cosi83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Metroid WiiU

localise the latest Fatal Frame!

Super Mario Galaxy 3. Really hope they are working on this!

Pokemon WiiU. I have never played a Pokemon game before, being 31, it was a bit before my time. Having said this, i'm pretty sure it would sell like hot cakes?

A Suda game but not No More Heroes, that is like soooooo Wii

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom 2

Viewtiful Joe 3 or Viewtiful Joe HD remake

F-Zero Wii U

No More Heroes 3

Another Game by the guys that did The Last Story

The World Ends With You 2 (we have 2 screens now)

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Minecraft

Mainwaring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mainwaring

I would love to see another Sin & Punishment or something similar, either Wii remote or gamepad touchscreen controls would be just fine for me I think. Successor of the Skies was easily one of my favourite Wii games, a shame the leaderboards were closed down with the old Nintendo WiFi network.

A Wonderful 101 sequel would be pretty fantastic, too.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really just Metroid and F-Zero at this point.

Or Dynamite Headdy 2?

cosi83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cosi83

a wiiu exclusive?? real nice

@gokaired said:

The World Ends With You 2 (we have 2 screens now)

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A bitchin' 2D Metroid that retcons Other: M.

@csl316 said:

Really just Metroid and F-Zero at this point.

Or Dynamite Headdy 2?

What is Treasure even doing these days? The last game I played of theirs was Bangai-O on DS and it was totally fucking awesome! No wait... was Sin & Punishment more recent? Also totally fucking awesome!! Treasure rules!!!!

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Tom_omb

How about a real great Paper Mario game? The series went in a different direction after Paper Mario 2 (The greatest JRPG of all time) and I'll like to see Nintendo bring the party back to the series. I loved how the format of every chapter shook things up like that Game Cube game did.

That being said... I'd like to see Nintendo do something new and great that we haven't seen before. It's hard to avoid "make another one of those" discussions when speculating like this.

SigmaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MEATBALL

Dream Wii U games:

• A new Metroid - I kind of don't want a new Prime (though I'd gladly take it), I'd love a new Metroid with the world/level design excellence of Metroid Prime but played in 3rd Person (with better combat than the garbage in Metroid Other M)
    • Fatal Frame 5 localised and released worldwide. Not EU only, not US only, give it to both regions. It's only the perfect game for the WiiU.
    • A proper Paper Mario RPG (even though I honestly loved Paper Mario Sticker Star, it's time to get that series back to its roots).
    • A new F-Zero.
    • Here's one that will absolutely never happen: a new Wave Race.
    • I don't want Super Mario Galaxy 3, but I would love another new Mario 3D Platformer, something with another change in design. Perhaps a Mario 3D platformer that isn't segmented off into levels and is instead open world? Mind you, I kind of love the level format. *shrugs*
    • Bayonetta 3?
    • Luigi's Mansion 3 from Next Level Games - oh man, I just imagined a Luigi's Mansion where E. Gadd gives Luigi a camera instead of a vacuum cleaner and you use the gamepad Fatal Frame style. :P
    • Mario sports titles: Golf and Tennis
    • Red Dead Redemption but set in the world of Dillon's Rolling Western.*
    • Waluigi & Daisy World**

Basically, there is heaps Nintendo could do to make the WiiU an amazing system to own (though it's already a pretty great Nintendo system).

*May be joking
    **May not be joking

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I hope they do another Pikmin.

bigmess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RHYTHM HEAVEN RHYTHM HEAVEN RHYTHM HEAVEN RHYTHM HEAVEN RHYTHM HEAVEN RHYTHM HEAVEN RHYTHM HEAVEN RHYTHM HEAVEN RHYTHM HEAVEN RHYTHM HEAVEN RHYTHM HEAVEN RHYTHM HEAVEN RHYTHM HEAVEN RHYTHM HEAVEN RHYTHM HEAVEN RHYTHM HEAVEN RHYTHM HEAVEN RHYTHM HEAVEN RHYTHM HEAVEN RHYTHM HEAVEN RHYTHM HEAVEN

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By BabyChooChoo

I would do anything for a new Metroid right about now. Anything. An-y-thiiiiiiiiiiing.

That or I wish they would help bring back something super fucking obscure like Lost Kingdoms or P.N.03

civid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• A new Wario Land, 3 and 4 are still some of my favorite portable games of all time
    • A proper Mario game, with an open world. Never cared much for the Galaxy games
    • Something new and exciting in general. I love the look of Splatoon, though I'm still a bit skeptic on the gameplay side of things. I mean for my money they could just give one of their mascots a brand new game.
    • Something with Waluigi and Daisy! Fuck the haters, these characters are great, and Nintendo should do more with them
    • A Mario Kart with all Nintendo characters. We probably won't see that before next generation of consoles, but it's the only thing they can do to improve that franchise after the stellar Mario Kart 8.
    Avatar image for giantlizardking
    GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mario Kart 8 with proper battle mode patched in!

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super Mario Sunshine 2.

RavenX302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Give Platinum a bunch of banana's to make a new Okami. Right in Nintendo's wheel house, if you ask me. Fuck, it can star donkey kong, if you want...konkami. Done. Shove it on the shelves.

Lets do another Quackshot. Fuck Sega...and a new Ape Escape...

Basically, I just want Nintendo to steal other old franchises from other companies.

I would 'settle' for another Galaxy style Mario game. Uni-fucking-racer, Nintendo. ActRaiser...Square will do it, they don't know what they hell they are doing. I'd even take a stupid Final Fantasy kiddy themed ActRasier, whatever.

A Waluigi game where he dies at the end and all legacy games and merchandise with him on it are retroactively destroyed...including said game. A true wish list.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
    deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always wanted an open world Pokemon game, I can always hope.

LionsLinden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LionsLinden

This. Grew up with Pokemon but stopped caring after Ruby / Sapphire. I would totally love a proper 3D open world home console Pokemon game. With Dark Souls kinda multiplayer as in other players popping up as trainers on some random routes or something.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Lets do another Quackshot. Fuck Sega...and a new Ape Escape...

Back this truck up. Ape Escape is a Sony franchise but fuck I don't care give me it anywhere and I will buy it.

@justkamtoo said:

This. Grew up with Pokemon but stopped caring after Ruby / Sapphire. I would totally love a proper 3D open world home console Pokemon game. With Dark Souls kinda multiplayer as in other players popping up as trainers on some random routes or something.

Sadly, never going to happen. Pokemon is a handheld game (it's in the name, pocket monsters), and I don't think they'll ever go back on this. Can always cross your fingers for Pokemon Snap though?

That said, if another Monster Hunter comes out on the WiiU (4 isn't, and thankfully I already have a 3DS) I would have to consider getting one.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By Rejizzle

Cubivore 2: revengeance of the fittest. Also, I don't know about you, but I'ld play another Chibi Robo.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By supermonkey122

Geist 2

archer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I just want a decent online store. How about that? Nintendo has a huge back catalog, including Wii and DS games, that they could be pushing on to the WiiU. They seem unreasonably slow to release digital versions of previous generation games.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By WickedCestus

@archer88 said:

I just want a decent online store. How about that? Nintendo has a huge back catalog, including Wii and DS games, that they could be pushing on to the WiiU. They seem unreasonably slow to release digital versions of previous generation games.

I'd like this on the 3DS too. If I could buy DS games on the e-Shop that would be awesome.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is Treasure even doing these days? The last game I played of theirs was Bangai-O on DS and it was totally fucking awesome! No wait... was Sin & Punishment more recent? Also totally fucking awesome!! Treasure rules!!!!

They've put out a couple of those Gaist Crusher games for Capcom. (I think it's a kids anime.) It's kinda like Mega Man mixed with Monster Hunter. There's little transforming toys and an add on for your 3DS. I'd love those games to come out over here, but I fully understand why they haven't.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I would love a new Wave Race or at least an HD remake of Wave Race 64. Same for Pilotwings 64, but that probably never happen.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish they'd Bayonetta 2 a Mega Man game. Capcom very clearly has no interest in doing anything with him.

acidcrashx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By acidcrashx

I'd like to see an F-Zero or a new Metroid game but I think that's about 60% of the people who are posting here...

outside of that I'd happily take a Viewtiful Joe, any whiff of that Fire Emblem x SMT game (i'm in the UK so not sure if thats coming here yet) and maybe some new Vanillaware 1080p goodness to drool at.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
    GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By GiantLizardKing

Some kind of Yoshi's Island NiGHTs spinoff to piss off Jeff.

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, Wario Bros Super Saga. Yep, a Wario RPG in the vien of Mario&Luigi just on the Wii U (but the 3DS will suffice :P)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.