Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WipEout Omega Collection

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jun 06, 2017

The Omega Collection brings WipEout HD, Fury, and 2048 to PlayStation 4 in one package.

Dust off your PSVR, Wipeout VR is out and it's GREAT

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Wipeout Omega Collection received a free patch today that added a VR mode.

Not just a VR game mode, the entire game is now playable in VR.

I thought this would be some sort of vomit generator, but the framerate is smooth and they put in several first-person camera modes that can either lock your camera vertically to prevent motion sickness, or if you're brave lock it to the ship and barrel roll until you can't take it anymore. If third person camera is your thing, you can still use that in VR, too.

Honestly, it's the best experience I've had with the PSVR thus far.

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Holy shit what? Oh man I wanna barrel roll til I'm dizzy. Thanks for the heads up.

(Pay day better hurry up).

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That is 100% going on my "to buy" list.

It's funny: I get horribly motion sick in cars and such, but I took to VR without issue. Outside of moments of fleeting vertigo (and one time nearly falling on my face playing Starblood), I've never gotten VR sickness, and I've played the most notoriously vomit-inducing titles. That said, the idea of VR Wipeout still sounds intimidating as hell. When I do get this, I'm going to go ahead and pop some Bonine beforehand, haha.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@shagge: RE7 did me in. I couldn't play that game for more than 15 mins in VR, and after that even playing it normally was enough to make me sick. The association went away after about a week, though.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@psylah: Did you play it with the comfort settings? Weirdly, I've found that those make things worse for me. I didn't have any problems with RE7 and full movement, but looking straight down and walking forward never stopped feeling utterly bizarre.

I wonder if it helps that I play in a small room with a lot of furniture, so the side of my leg is always pressed against something and "grounding" me.

axiomatiqq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing this sooo much over the past few days, and not only is it an amazing experience, it's also the best way to play. I've been beating all of my best times that I set outside of VR.

It's kind of confusing that Sony released this so quietly because it's seriously one of the best things you can do in VR. Fun, beautiful, and intense.

craigieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Already sold my PSVR to buy an Oculus Rift.

Still looks neat tho.

spud693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeff You guys should really fire this up again for a Vrodeo, I'm told it's great, and meant to be an assault on the senses, and we know how you like to test the rollercoaster effect...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.