Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 20, 2014

Outnumbered and outgunned by high-tech Nazi forces, B.J. Blazkowicz returns to fight for an underground resistance movement in an alternate-historical 1960 where the Nazis won World War II and achieved global dominance.

Why is no one excited for Wolfenstein?

• 112 results
    Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

@humanity: Syndicate was made by Starbreeze after the founders left to form Machinegames. Machinegames started up after the Chronicles of Riddick HD expansion/remake thing.

To OP, I think so many games have copied Wolfenstein that the whole concept just feels tired now. Since Id hasn't had a massive hit this century I don't think their franchises carry much weight anymore, and Bethesda has not had the greatest history with publishing games not made by Bethesda Studios. Add in the fact that Machinegames is new developer, albeit one with a decent pedigree and the last Wolfenstein game was perfectly mediocre and you get a game that is hard to get excited about. I'll be really happy if it turns out great. But I'm not holding my breath. This is going to be a case where the quality of the game is going to be a major determining factor. I just don't think anyone is going to blindly believe in this game. People want to be excited about a new Wolfenstein, but at least for me, I'll be taking a wait and see approach.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It is on my could be good but wait and see list.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Quarters

@l1fef0rm: MachineGames, the makers of Wolfenstein, also consist of the founders and some of the other members of Starbreeze, specifically the ones who worked on Chronicles of Riddick and The Darkness. Syndicate might have been after they left.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I... I just put this in my Amazon cart.

Oddly enough, this Polygon article may just push me over the edge. I really like what some of these guys have worked on in the past, despite being a new company and all.

Avatar image for generic_username
    generic_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

As a 20-year old (part of the much wanted "demographic" i have literally no nostalgia for Wolfenstein. So, that's why I personally don't care about it.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have pre-ordered it so.............................

The game has two timelines btw

"Matthies also pointed out that Wolfenstein: The New Order (which does not have a multiplayer mode) will encourage you to play through the game again, "especially to explore the alternate timeline," he said. He went on to say that early on in the game players will make a choice that will open up an alternate timeline which "changes the vibe of the story."

"It's recommended to do a second play through and see what would have happened if you chose differently," he said. It's unclear how the paths differ." - Gamespot

I accidentally ended up reading that choice from the Woflenstein wikipedia. Interesting plot point to put it in, I must say. Would've already probably replayed it after the first time, but now I'll definetly do it. Curious as to how big of an impact it will be.

...and I thought this would be out on next friday, not on tuesday already! Awesome discovery!

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#107  Edited By newmoneytrash

I just saw a trailer play before a video I was watching on youtube and at the end BJ said "well, I'm on the moon" so I'm even more excited than I was before

McBEEF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

I wasn't that hyped for it, but after seeing this trailer I thin I'm convinced-looks like a lot of fun

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's out the same time as Transistor which I'm hyped for. If Wolfenstein ends up being alright I'll look at it in the future.

saddlebrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#110  Edited By saddlebrown

I'm super intrigued by the story and the tone they're setting (love the music they've been using) but honestly, how much of that is going to translate to the gameplay? It's hard to get excited about more left-trigger-right-trigger FPS action at this point. But, like I said, I'm very curious to see that story play out, so I'm certainly up for giving it a shot.

FPS PUN.

kkotd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm cautiously optimistic about it. It looked cool at E3 but little has been shown otherwise besides the few demos at PAX. The last game was decent but not great and who knows how this one will pan out.

Avatar image for chilipeppersman
    chilipeppersman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 4

Im really looking forward to it, and have been following this game for a long time. Nazi killin time!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.