Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 07, 2010

Cataclysm is the third expansion pack to World of Warcraft. This expansion revamped and changed much of the original world content in addition to providing new areas, dungeons, and playable races.

WoW... i dont get it

• 64 results
    teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @sammo21 said:
    " @teh_pwnzorer: Clearly you are trolling.  You should at least try harder, and also not have an avatar of Demons Souls when doing so.

Warcraft 2:  

World of Warcraft: 

No Caption Provided
    "
    Just because somebody has an opinion on something as subjective as general ``look,'' doesn't mean they're trolling.   Different strokes for different folks.  Yes, I like #1.  #2 looks like ass.  It's an ugly blocky mess.   I like the Super Meat Boy look.  I hate the Turok: Dinosaur Hunter look.  I like a blank piece of paper better than your screen shot #2.  Just because you draw a TURD in 3d using Maya doesn't mean I have to print it and put it up on my wall as a piece of art.
    sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#52  Edited By sammo21
    @teh_pwnzorer:   No, that was not comparing it was trolling, and anyone who visited this post knows that.  One, you did not compare Warcraft 2 to Warcraft 3.  What you did was compare Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness, an RTS from 1995 on PC/MAC, to World of Warcraft, an mmorpg from 2004 on PC/MAC.  This is the same thing as me trying to compare the special effects in the original Tron to Tron Legacy and saying they are on equally playing field....the comparison is dumb and pointless.  If you can't see that, I don't understand you as a person.  Also, you must not enjoy any game ever as no game is made like that anymore.  Maybe you just enjoy detail less 2D sprites on bland mono colored backgrounds opposed to fully rendered 3D models that look really good when you have a PC that wasn't made during Windows 98's reign.  You were trolling, hands down, and it wasn't even relevant to anything anyone was saying.
    teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @sammo21 said:
    " @teh_pwnzorer:   No, that was not comparing it was trolling, and anyone who visited this post knows that.  One, you did not compare Warcraft 2 to Warcraft 3.  What you did was compare Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness, an RTS from 1995 on PC/MAC, to World of Warcraft, an mmorpg from 2004 on PC/MAC.  This is the same thing as me trying to compare the special effects in the original Tron to Tron Legacy and saying they are on equally playing field....the comparison is dumb and pointless.  If you can't see that, I don't understand you as a person.  Also, you must not enjoy any game ever as no game is made like that anymore.  Maybe you just enjoy detail less 2D sprites on bland mono colored backgrounds opposed to fully rendered 3D models that look really good when you have a PC that wasn't made during Windows 98's reign.  You were trolling, hands down, and it wasn't even relevant to anything anyone was saying. "
    You don't seem to understand the concept of aesthetics and art design.  World of Warcraft is UGLY, to me.  Look up the word ugly in the dictionary, at least.
    Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By Rockdalf
    @teh_pwnzorer said:
    " @sammo21 said:
    " @teh_pwnzorer:   No, that was not comparing it was trolling, and anyone who visited this post knows that.  One, you did not compare Warcraft 2 to Warcraft 3.  What you did was compare Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness, an RTS from 1995 on PC/MAC, to World of Warcraft, an mmorpg from 2004 on PC/MAC.  This is the same thing as me trying to compare the special effects in the original Tron to Tron Legacy and saying they are on equally playing field....the comparison is dumb and pointless.  If you can't see that, I don't understand you as a person.  Also, you must not enjoy any game ever as no game is made like that anymore.  Maybe you just enjoy detail less 2D sprites on bland mono colored backgrounds opposed to fully rendered 3D models that look really good when you have a PC that wasn't made during Windows 98's reign.  You were trolling, hands down, and it wasn't even relevant to anything anyone was saying. "
    You don't seem to understand the concept of aesthetics and art design.  World of Warcraft is UGLY, to me.  Look up the word ugly in the dictionary, at least. "
    The sad thing isn't that bullshit continues to spew from your mouth.  It's that you have the nerve to lick your lips and say "Nah, it ain't that bad".  It's one thing to say you don't like the graphical style of a particular game, it's another to compare it to that of a 3d turd.  Even I don't care for the look of WoW, but I can understand why it's an improvement over the other example.
    teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @Rockdalf said:

" @teh_pwnzorer said:

" @sammo21 said:
    You don't seem to understand the concept of aesthetics and art design.  World of Warcraft is UGLY, to me.  Look up the word ugly in the dictionary, at least. "
    The sad thing isn't that bullshit continues to spew from your mouth.  It's that you have the nerve to lick your lips and say "Nah, it ain't that bad".  It's one thing to say you don't like the graphical style of a particular game, it's another to compare it to that of a 3d turd.  Even I don't care for the look of WoW, but I can understand why it's an improvement over the other example. "
    The pathetic thing is your fanboyism.  You're getting mad at a stranger on the internet for saying that subjectively speaking (to him) some dumb old game is uglier than some other dumb old game.  Also,  the turd was supposed to be an evocative example, not a direct comparison.   

This is the first image that pops up in google images when I googled "world of warcraft":

Yeah, it's beautiful, dude.
    SumDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By SumDeus

I tried a trial myself a few months ago and didn't like it at all. I still play City of Heroes though and have loved it for around 6 years.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By iam3green

play with friends it will be better. i suggest you go frost mage. it is pretty fun to do that. here is what you pretty much do go to this guy this guy wants 10 boars killed. you go kill 10 boars. you turn in the quest. you now have to kill 10 more boards for beef. you go kill 10 more boars for beef. you turn the quest in and level up. you then pick a point in level tree. once your a higher level you go to a new area to do the same thing just different skins for the monster/ animals.  you start to do group things in dungeons for gear.

it is a lot of fun once you know people and start chatting while playing. you can just ask a person if they could help you. 

frost mage are pretty fun to make. once you are high enough level with a lot of points in different frost trees you then just rain frost on things.  you grab some agro from things run around then explode frost to trap them then have it raining frost then you run around again it is a lot of fun.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By crusader8463

It's a social thing. If you don't have friends to play with or make them in game you probably won't enjoy it.

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Rockdalf
    @teh_pwnzorer said:
    " @Rockdalf said:

" @teh_pwnzorer said:

" @sammo21 said:
    The sad thing isn't that bullshit continues to spew from your mouth.  It's that you have the nerve to lick your lips and say "Nah, it ain't that bad".  It's one thing to say you don't like the graphical style of a particular game, it's another to compare it to that of a 3d turd.  Even I don't care for the look of WoW, but I can understand why it's an improvement over the other example. "
    The pathetic thing is your fanboyism.  You're getting mad at a stranger on the internet for saying that subjectively speaking (to him) some dumb old game is uglier than some other dumb old game.  Also,  the turd was supposed to be an evocative example, not a direct comparison.   

This is the first image that pops up in google images when I googled "world of warcraft":

Yeah, it's beautiful, dude. "
    What the fuck are you smoking?  Did you not read my post?  I said I agreed with your sentiment:  I don't care for the look of WoW.  I'm just pointing out you made a bullshit statement and you're having to pile more bullshit underneath it just to try and hold it up. 

And why the fuck would you post the first image of a google search thinking it's gonna prove something to me?  Even if I did care about the game what would be so magical about the fact it's the FIRST image on a google search.

For instance, take "Zelda OOT" and the first image is... 

No Caption Provided
    Yeah, that's accurate.
    Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#60  Edited By Levio

The problem with WoW is gnomes. 

WTF

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#61  Edited By sammo21

This is still a moot point, comparing Warcraft to World of Warcraft.  No sane person thinks the garbage on the screen in WC2 is better than WOW, which doesn't look poor by any means.  You can not like the art design, but the game still looks better.  Also, the comment was again pointless because the original statement wasn't predicated on WOW being popular because of its graphics.  You are comparing apples to watermelons here.

Avatar image for griefersstolemykeyboard
    griefersstolemykeyboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So some dude thinks Warcraft 2 looks better than WoW, let him. Not like it matters to anyone but him anyways.

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @Rockdalf: What bullshit?  I'm really confused by the reaction of some of the folks in this thread.  How can you prove anything to anyone about aesthetics?  I keep re-iterating that TO ME, Warcraft 2 and Super Mario Bros 3 looks better than World of Warcraft and Warcraft 3.  Aesthetics is subjective.   I'm not talking about their technical merit.

Also, thanks for the N64 screenshot.  To me World of Warcraft looks like an N64 game from the polygon-count point of view (and this you can argue is bullshit by counting the polygons).
    uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#64  Edited By uniform

The graphics are incredibly dated, even with all the shadow, water, structure model updates. The character models being a major blemish. The human male in WoW is so awful it's ridiculous. It's quite possibly one of my most hated character models in video games. Still, overall, the graphical style, although dated, has its charm. There's a laundry list of features that keep people playing WoW, and the thought of typing them all out just made me wince. I find graphics not that high on that priority list. For me, the number one draw of World of Warcraft is community, and all the options presented to players to experience with their friends. I have a lot of real life friends that play, and I have a few that didn't last. In all three cases my friends were antisocial, and just preferred to play WoW as a single player game. When I try to picture myself playing this way, I come to the conclusion that I wouldn't "get it" either.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.