Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

A few questions about getting back into WoW!

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Hey gang!

So, I've recently got back into playing WoW. I last played in Cataclysm, and just kinda fell out of it. I'm just getting back into it, and enjoying what I've played so far.

But I have a few questions about what to...do?

-If a friend and I are on different realms, can we quest/dungeon/PVP together? I made a new Dwarf Hunter on her server (Silvermoon Normal), but it's not really doing it for me. I have my first EVER CHARACTER that I made back in 2004 on Twlight's Hammer PVP. Could we play together, or do I have to go back to my Hunter if we wanna play together?

-If I CAN carry on playing my rogue, does anyone have any advice as to what I do nowadays/what's the best levelling spec/what rotations I do ETC? Back when I used to play, you used to spam Sinister Strike to 5, Slice and Dice, then Eviscerate to spunk away your combo points. I went in earlier and was pretty overwhelmed.

-Any advice for what I need to do to get into BFA? I'm about to buy the Legion/BFA dual pack for £40, which I think is a really good deal. 2 brand new expansions for me for the price of one.

Anything else I should be mindful of when getting back in?

I appreciate any time people spend replying, so thanks in advance!

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@sombre: Hello and welcome back to Azeroth! You've come back at a great time as Legion was one of the best expansions they've done and Battle for Azeroth looks real cool and hopefully continues their quality. Now to your questions:

1)You and you friend, or anyone else of the same faction, can group together for any activity in game outside Mythic Raiding. They've really reduced the importance of which server people play on, which has made it a lot nicer to play with people you know and not have to fork out money for a server transfer. As soon as you two join a party, you'll be together on one of your two's servers until you two leave the party, in which you'll be phased back to your original servers.

2)For your Rogue it's gonna be hard to recommend too many play guides currently, as when BfA hits most all of us are gonna lose abilities and gain new abilities/talents, so anything I might suggest for you to do now might not even work in 2 months. If you need some advanced specific questions answered though, every class has a pretty big public discord where people can give you some advice on how to play. But with how close to an expansion we are at, I'd probably just recommend doing what works for you and gets you through the content your seeing, and wait until BfA launches to get a serious grasp on the class and new rotations

3)Nothing too specific seems to be needed for BfA. Enjoy whatever content you haven't seen since you last played, be that Legion content or going back slowly through older expansions. Looking For Raid can let you see the Legion raids in an easy form just for cinematic/lore reasons, or you can just quest around some zones and see stuff you missed. We're in that window where there really isn't anything "necessary" to do, as we just fiddle away with whatever activities we fancy until new stuff happens. I like using this time to make up on a lot of achievements I'm close to finishing, or doing some mount farming from older raids/content.

Hope you enjoy your return and you have some fun! Hit me up if you have any further questions about anything WoW related. I have a stupid amount of pointless information about this game in my mind I can't get rid of, but I suppose that happens after 13 years.

And I'll forgive you for being a filthy Alliance

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Zirilius

I highly recommend reading up on Icy Veins if you want information about your class specifically. https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/ It might not always be the most accurate but it's a good starting point if you want basic information about class play styles and rotations.

Don't forget that if something is too hard for you to look in the custom group finder. With the new leveling experience in pre-legion content I doubt that will be an issue.

Also as soon as you get the quest to go to the Broken Isles do. You're artifact weapons and gear you'll earn are far superior to anything you'll have Heirloom wise (if you have those). And don't be intimidated when you reach 110. Unlock world quests so that you can immediately unlock all your AF weapon traits. There's a ton of things to do but you can basically ignore Suramar and Legionfall until after you have gone to Argus. The Argus quest line will kind of suck until you start getting 880 gear but once there you'll breeze through most of the stuff after a few quests.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Welcome back to Azeroth! I recently got back in myself (last December) and I've been enjoying it so much. I've been around WoW off and on since the beginning and as other have said, Legion really is a fantastic expansion and they did a great job with it. I have really enjoyed exploring the fantastic content they created in Legion.

One thing that changed relatively recently that I think is really cool, is that all the zones in the world, both old and new, are scaleable to your level. There limits to this of course but for example, red ridge mountains is now a 20-60 level zone. It means you can do any leveling in various parts of the world in any order that you want to. It really makes it feel fresh and I love not having to worry about being "too high" a level for a zone.

I hope you enjoy it and look forward to BfA as much as I am!

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoyed Legion. I got two characters to 110 (Rogue and Warrior) and enjoyed each one thoroughly.

I'm not sure if I just got in at a bad time being near the end of an expansion, but I found myself without much meaningful content to do at level 110 though. I think I spent 1 full day (24hrs) gearing up, but I was pretty close with doing a few timewarps and random heroics/LFR.

This was what I ended up stopping at

Looking forward to BFA, but I'm gonna give FF14 another whirl until then :D

BurBan_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@sombre: you have a lot to do, you’re 100 item levels behind most people right now

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sombre: you have a lot to do, you’re 100 item levels behind most people right now

Yeah but to what end? I'd just be gearing up for the sake of increasing a number, which feels really reductive. And I know 99% of it will be replaced within the first few hours of BFA anyway.

Might aswell enjoy the raid content I did do, and give FF14 another honest go before BFA

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.