Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

Drive to 80, and beyond.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7bea5f78bfe
    deactivated-5e7bea5f78bfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

It took me three years, two expansion packs to get to level 80. My first ever toon was a mage, started about 4 years ago. Though, he's still not 80, not, I just took my DK to 80. That mage is still stuck at 69. For the lulz. How long did it take you to get your first lvl 80?

dipstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By dipstick

Still haven't gotten to 80,I've been playing off and on for about 3 years. 

D:

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#3  Edited By Jazz

Did it in 6 months with a druid. 
    aaaand i'm done with Warcraft.  
    It drains your life away. 

Grats btw.

ShadowofIntent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ShadowofIntent

Played for the first time last July. Had an 80 by September.

Heylook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Heylook

I had two 80's after wotlk came out and I believe 4 70's when TBC was out.

CLEARLY, I win.

Colin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Colin

Took 3 months I think.... was 80 for about a week and quit, just can't stand the way a lot of WoW people act.
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Fallen189

Years ago, it probably took ages because levelling used to take much longer.

Now I have 5 80's, 4 70's and some other shit.

I don't even play anymore

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#8  Edited By Symphony

Well, considering the cap was 60 in vanilla, I don't think I can really count the first few years I played and stayed at the cap.. It took me a week to go from 1-70 with a BE pally when BC was released and then a week or so to go from 70-80 when WotLK was released.

solidlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By solidlife

toook my first Char 3 months. I dont have any alts

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By nanikore
    @Heylook said:
    " I had two 80's after wotlk came out and I believe 4 70's when TBC was out.

CLEARLY, I win. "
    Oh yeah? Well, I had epic flying mere weeks after TBC's release. 

Clearly, I WIN.
    Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Burns098356GX

Maybe like 3 months, back in original wow. They've sped up the leveling process, especially in the old world. It's not near the pain in the ass it used to be.

arkkazeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By arkkazeal

Lets see, my warrior from vanilla is forever stuck at 49. When TBC came out though I made a Pally and got him up to 66 in 3 or 4 months before quitting, picked him back up a couple months before WOTLK came out and finished getting to 70 and then less than a month into WOTLK I got to 80. And now the game is boring so I quit.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Demyx

I'm at level 41 right now. I'm not paying for another month any time soon...so yeah.

izzygraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By izzygraze
    @Symphony said:
    " Well, considering the cap was 60 in vanilla, I don't think I can really count the first few years I played and stayed at the cap.. It took me a week to go from 1-70 with a BE pally when BC was released and then a week or so to go from 70-80 when WotLK was released. "
    How is that even possible? There was someone on my old server who went from 1-60 in a week but they played 24/7 and it was rumored that it was actually serveral people using the same account.
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fallen189
    @IzzyGraze said:
    " @Symphony said:
    " Well, considering the cap was 60 in vanilla, I don't think I can really count the first few years I played and stayed at the cap.. It took me a week to go from 1-70 with a BE pally when BC was released and then a week or so to go from 70-80 when WotLK was released. "
    How is that even possible? There was someone on my old server who went from 1-60 in a week but they played 24/7 and it was rumored that it was actually serveral people using the same account. "
    Probably ballparking.
    Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Brunchies

It took me 6 months to get to level 80 playing on and off and I spent a month at 80 and then quit.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By Marz

Been working on killing Arthas in 25 man mode, it's not pretty because apparently it's still hard to move around and cast spells for some idiots.  "DEFILE, MOVE THE FUCK AWAY"   nope... wipe and repeat.

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Symphony
    @Fallen189 said:
    " @IzzyGraze said:
    " @Symphony said:
    How is that even possible? There was someone on my old server who went from 1-60 in a week but they played 24/7 and it was rumored that it was actually serveral people using the same account. "
    Probably ballparking. "
    Nah not really. Maybe 8 days, but I wasn't even the first to hit it, I was 6 or 7 hours late after two other people on our server who did have others playing their accounts while they slept. I spent a lot of time on the BC beta figuring out how to maximize my leveling efficiency and also had a second account with a 60 to run my pally through dungeons for easy quest xp.  Suffice it to say, I didn't sleep very much for that week and ended up getting pretty sick because of it lol

Nowadays you can hit 1-60 in a day without all that much effort, they've made it so ridiculously easy -- not to mention there's that triple xp bonus you can do if you sign someone else up @.@
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Fallen189
    @Symphony said:
    " @Fallen189 said:
    " @IzzyGraze said:
    " @Symphony said:
    Probably ballparking. "
    Nah not really. Maybe 8 days, but I wasn't even the first to hit it, I was 6 or 7 hours late after two other people on our server who did have others playing their accounts while they slept. I spent a lot of time on the BC beta figuring out how to maximize my leveling efficiency and also had a second account with a 60 to run my pally through dungeons for easy quest xp.  Suffice it to say, I didn't sleep very much for that week and ended up getting pretty sick because of it lol Nowadays you can hit 1-60 in a day without all that much effort, they've made it so ridiculously easy -- not to mention there's that triple xp bonus you can do if you sign someone else up @.@ "
    A buddy and I used that to write a piece for a website. We did 0-60 in 2 days of pretty intense levelling. In fairness, we knew the game so well, but I hit Hellfire Penninsula in scarlet monastery gear.
    BobbyStrong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BobbyStrong
    @Fallen189 said:
    " Years ago, it probably took ages because levelling used to take much longer.  Now I have 5 80's, 4 70's and some other shit.  I don't even play anymore "
    'course you don't ;)
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#22  Edited By sjschmidt93

Well I had my hunter to 80 about a month and a half after Wrath launched.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Fallen189
    @BobbyStrong said:
    " @Fallen189 said:
    " Years ago, it probably took ages because levelling used to take much longer.  Now I have 5 80's, 4 70's and some other shit.  I don't even play anymore "
    'course you don't ;) "
    I did everything ingame. Nothing left.
    EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By EpicSteve

I keep falling in and out of Warcraft. I've never been at a current level cap. Right now, I have a Warlock at 71.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By CL60

It didn't take me very long. 1-60 was the longest part cause I did that pre-BC.

Avatar image for deactivated-65d51c2303ca6
    deactivated-65d51c2303ca6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Symphony said:

" @Fallen189 said:

" @IzzyGraze said:
    " @Symphony said:
    Probably ballparking. "
    Nah not really. Maybe 8 days, but I wasn't even the first to hit it, I was 6 or 7 hours late after two other people on our server who did have others playing their accounts while they slept. I spent a lot of time on the BC beta figuring out how to maximize my leveling efficiency and also had a second account with a 60 to run my pally through dungeons for easy quest xp.  Suffice it to say, I didn't sleep very much for that week and ended up getting pretty sick because of it lol Nowadays you can hit 1-60 in a day without all that much effort, they've made it so ridiculously easy -- not to mention there's that triple xp bonus you can do if you sign someone else up @.@ "
     I'm not sure what World of Warcraft you were playing but as far as I know you can't go from 1-60 in a day "without much effort". MAYBE if you are decked out in heirloom items and have the triple xp bonus, but even still that's stretching it. 
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By CL60
    @ProlificShadow said:
    " @Symphony said:

" @Fallen189 said:

" @IzzyGraze said:
    " @Symphony said:
    Probably ballparking. "
     I'm not sure what World of Warcraft you were playing but as far as I know you can't go from 1-60 in a day "without much effort". MAYBE if you are decked out in heirloom items and have the triple xp bonus, but even still that's stretching it.  "
    I dunno man, it's pretty simple now.
    Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Symphony
    @CL60 said:

" @ProlificShadow said:

" @Symphony said:

" @Fallen189 said:

" @IzzyGraze said:
    " @Symphony said:
    Probably ballparking. "
     I'm not sure what World of Warcraft you were playing but as far as I know you can't go from 1-60 in a day "without much effort". MAYBE if you are decked out in heirloom items and have the triple xp bonus, but even still that's stretching it.  "
    I dunno man, it's pretty simple now. "
    Never used heirloom items so not even sure what those do. More exp? 

Aforementioned triple xp bonus aside, it's still easy if you have a friend or a second account to just dungeon grind. WC > SFK > SM > ZF > LBRS/UBRS. having a prot pally is the best to dungeon grind with imo (though when I was leveling my BE pally, I did it with  frost mage which worked perfectly fine too) as you can pretty much gather up the entire instance (cept ZF which was bugged last I did it and parts would reset for no reason), bring them back to within range of the lowbie so they get xp, and then just wreck them all in some consecration spam while the lowbie just hangs out at the zone in so they don't accidentally aggro. 

Sure this is monotonous as hell, but it's ridiculously easy and fast xp (even with the nerf to xp for having a high level character in your party) plus all the additional  xp you get if you grabbed the dungeon quests and hand those in. Looting the corpses often takes more time than clearing these places and I often ended up not bothering to loot anything at all when it was just me two-boxing. 

The biggest issue to watch out for (if it still exists now?) is being locked out for doing an instance too many times within an hour. But at that point you can hearth and hit up an alternate dungeon. SFK was the only dungeon I really remember having issues with as it's so small, but when it wouldn't let me back in, I took the opportunity to hand in quests, then hit up BFD for some additional quest / grind xp. 

Auuugh this is really making me want to jump back into WoW ; ;
    Avatar image for deactivated-65d51c2303ca6
    deactivated-65d51c2303ca6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Symphony said:
    " @CL60 said:

" @ProlificShadow said:

" @Symphony said:

" @Fallen189 said:

" @IzzyGraze said:
    " @Symphony said:
    Probably ballparking. "
    I dunno man, it's pretty simple now. "
    Never used heirloom items so not even sure what those do. More exp?  Aforementioned triple xp bonus aside, it's still easy if you have a friend or a second account to just dungeon grind. WC > SFK > SM > ZF > LBRS/UBRS. having a prot pally is the best to dungeon grind with imo (though when I was leveling my BE pally, I did it with  frost mage which worked perfectly fine too) as you can pretty much gather up the entire instance (cept ZF which was bugged last I did it and parts would reset for no reason), bring them back to within range of the lowbie so they get xp, and then just wreck them all in some consecration spam while the lowbie just hangs out at the zone in so they don't accidentally aggro.  Sure this is monotonous as hell, but it's ridiculously easy and fast xp (even with the nerf to xp for having a high level character in your party) plus all the additional  xp you get if you grabbed the dungeon quests and hand those in. Looting the corpses often takes more time than clearing these places and I often ended up not bothering to loot anything at all when it was just me two-boxing.  The biggest issue to watch out for (if it still exists now?) is being locked out for doing an instance too many times within an hour. But at that point you can hearth and hit up an alternate dungeon. SFK was the only dungeon I really remember having issues with as it's so small, but when it wouldn't let me back in, I took the opportunity to hand in quests, then hit up BFD for some additional quest / grind xp.   Auuugh this is really making me want to jump back into WoW ; ; "
    Yeah I gotcha I just wouldn't consider constantly grinding in instances with a higher level to be "without all that much effort". And yeah, heirloom items grant more exp for quest turn-ins and possible kills, I'm not sure.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.