Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

What's your favourite instance in World Of Warcraft??

• 61 results
    Avatar image for nikoalexander57
    NikoAlexander57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By NikoAlexander57

I love all the scarlet monastery stuff, just great storylines for that area. I also really like Durnholde keep in Caverns of Time, cause when you go to old southshore in the instance you see characters younger versions like Kel'thuzad and if you go in the inn you can witness the creation of the Ashbringer.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By CL60
    @Raymayne said:
    " The instance where I'm not playing World of Warcraft. "
    Cool? 

I'm quite fond of Stratholme, or anything in The Caverns of Time. My favorite raid is Molten Core.
    arca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By arca

Molten Core. I know Ragnaros is coming back in the expansion but they should have took the old raid and turned it into a new level 85 5/10/20man instance. 

My favourite heroic is probably Halls of Reflection or the instances within The Caverns of Time.

hakooon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By hakooon

I was recently blown away by that first WotLK instance. It's my first time in this expansion pack, and that first instance was pretty well designed and fun. Can't seem to remember the name of it though. Deadmines is probably my favorite WoW instance ever, and I can't wait for the update it's getting in Cataclysm! :)

SpookyStrelok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By SpookyStrelok

Blackrock depths for the length of it. I could seriously just wander around in there for hours at 80.
    Stratholm for WC3 nostalgia.
    Scholomance just because it was cool. I dig it.

As for raids...

Karazan. It was my first ever raid. Absolutely adored it.

The Eye. My only complaint with this one is that I never got a chance to run it up until it was nerfed right before Wrath came out. Kael Thas is possibly my favorite video game boss of all time. The amount of skill and coordination required to do that fight at that time, was just... ridiculous.  I still remember how vent EXPLODED after my guild killed him. One of my fondest video game memories. :D 

SSC. Vashj was just a cool as hell fight that took a lot of communication and coordination to finish. Fun times in here.

25 man Obsidian Sanctum. Kind of the same story as the last. My guild had been trying to do it with 3 drakes up for awhile, and when we finally managed to get it down after about 3 weeks of 20-30 wipes every night... just... god. That felt so good. Second horde guild on the server to do it too. Big whoop.

25 man Naxxramas. I just enjoyed the stupid little random things that happened in this place when I was running it with my guild. Most of the time a shade or something would just come out of nowhere, one shot a healer, and wipe the raid. We could always just laugh about that and get things going again right away.

All of those are my favorite. Not going to pick a specific one just because I have so many memories enjoying each one of them individually.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By chrissedoff

blackrock spire and blackrock depths

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#58  Edited By TomA

Do raids count? If so then Ulduar is one of the best instances that has ever been put into the game. The siege at the start, then fighting Flame Leviathan, and Yogg, countless times.. Untill they nerfed XT-002 that was a great fight as well. ICC is surpisingly good, based on the failure that was ToC. Naxx was a terrible raid, and Wrath in general fucked raiding up the ass. For 5 man's, the first time in Hellfire Ramparts was pretty cool, although the instance itself is kinda lackluster. Deadmines is great, any of the 5 mans in Terrokar, Uldaman was interesting. Scarlet Monastery was great. And Molten Core of course.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

There are a lot of great ones but I think my favourite is Caverns of Time, I loved the way it allowed you to go back and not only explore but have an impact on the history of Warcraft. Also, time dragons!

Mrskidders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By Mrskidders

Ulduar is the best thing to come out of this game for a long time.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#61  Edited By melcene

Scholomance.  Probably because I ran that place a gazillion times and still never got my damn hat.  That and killing undead is my fave.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.