Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WWE 2K17

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 11, 2016

Yuke's and 2K Games' installment of the WWE video game series in the year 2016, available for both then-current PlayStation and Xbox models as well as their immediate predecessors.

Rivalry System, any ideas on how the "rivalry points" system works at all?

Daemon069

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So the new rivalry system is interesting I think, involving the promo system and all that. Interesting despite all the inherent faults of the systems involved. I find something totally baffling though and thats the "rivalry points" system.

I just finished a multi-month program with Sami Zayn, we had a couple of matches, had a couple of head to head promos that I won (earning a significant amount of those points) but it seemed that even though I was winning the matches we had, I'd earn a negative amount of rivalry points, or if we didn't wrestle for a week, I'd also earn a negative number of rivalry points. (or lose points, to put it a different way)

What it boils down to is that after going 3-0 in matches against him, and 2-0 in the promos, once our final match ended, it popped up that I had -5 rivalry points total and so Sami Zayn "won" the rivalry.

Does anybody have any idea how this system works? What else can be done to "win" the rivalry?

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sounds in line with the consistency of WWE booking.

Mikey2D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 20

I had a similar experience feuding with Jimmy Uso. We were 'in a rivalry' and yet we like never fought each other for weeks upon weeks, when we did I beat him every time and I to lost the rivalry. I really wanted to like career mode, but its just a bit of a mess really. I've been trying to get the tag titles, I have multiple pin fall victories over every other team and yet I have gone up one position to number 4 in the rankings in three months. My character is also according to the commentary number 6 in the power rankings, and yet still no push, no title shots, nothing. I think the best example is, Reene Young interviewed me about facing 'him' at the PPV. I had no idea who 'him' was. Maybe career mode is just one big Cesaro/Bray Wyatt simulator where you never get a push no matter how good you are.

MKO619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 7

DarkeyeHails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for redactedprofile
    RedactedProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Don't mean to necro this thread, but it came up as a top result. I just wanted to quickly share something that just happened.

Im the US champ in MyCareer, and im gunning alongside The Miz for the tag straps. The current champs are Dean and Roman. I've risen the ladder with the Miz to #5 on the contendership ladder entirely due to me doing absolutely everything I possibly can to get into a rivalry with the champions.

Finally, FINALLY, after calling out Roman or Dean about 10 times in a row, Roman pops out during the promo and I destroy him in it, and on the same show I run in post-match interview on his tag match with Dean, and beat the complete tar out of him backstage. This FINALLY initiated a rivalry.

"Cool" I thought, "Now I can start this thing proper"

Scheduled for Smackdown the following day, and Miz and I were put into the main event of it with Dean and Roman. Not that I wasn't already, but I planned on 5 starring the match, as I've historically found that putting on GOAT matches with my rival tends to shift some points in my favour, but Authority challenge wanted it anyways. So 5 star it was.

Not only did Miz and I make complete jokes out of Roman and Dean, I bloodied the both of them, smashed them both with multitude of singatures and finishers, and pinned Roman clean in the center of the ring.

The attached picture is of the result

No you're not reading it weird, the rivalry apparently lasted ONE day.
    No you're not reading it weird, the rivalry apparently lasted ONE day.

So, the game decided that after one match the Rivalry was done.

And that would be fine, if at any point it awarded me any rival points. But because it didn't, ties go to the rival. There was literally nothing else I could have done.

2k18 can't get here soon enough.

rorking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something strange happened to me (which is why I ended up here) where I started a rivalry with someone but it wouldn’t record points. Like no matter how many times I beat them, I was given no points. The only time it gave out points is two times: once is when I lost to him because of the BS reason of the game refused to let me win and another time where I lost to a different guy that had nothing to do with the rivalry.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.