Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

360/PC Streaming help!

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Emilio

I need some help with this common problem.
    I have Windows XP SP2 and WMP 11. The 360 shows up in my media sharing, but the the PC does not show up on my 360. When ever I run a test it says PC Selected Failed.
    Now, what I'm thinking is that I might need to open up some firewall ports, right? Except I don't know how to open them up on the Norton Software that comes with AT&T internet.

Am I supposed to be modifying WMP or WMP configuration? And then what?

Help, please. :( I'll be your bff <3xcore

EDIT

Let me just add that I've gotten this to work before, but I think I was using the Windows Firewall back then.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Emilio

Allright, well I got it to work.
    For any one who is interested or ever has this problem you could try downloading TVersity. Somehow it made the xbox recognize my PC and TVersity, so all is good for now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.