Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

A question on Special Edition Xbox consoles.

Drrizzit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Drrizzit

I have a Halo 3 special edition console. It recently broke, here's my sad story:

• Well, I got the halo 3 special edition 360 when it came out last september expecting great things. It worked great for about 11ish months, then i started to see a few minor problems, and hear some wierd sounds, but no gameplay was effected. So i went on my jolly way untill about 2 months ago i get into fable 2 again. Everyone knows that Fable 2 has large amounts of load time which in turn is harder on your disk drive. So i start experiencing some screen freezes and things, so i put fable 2 down because i decided my xbox couldn't take it, and i didn't have enough room on my hard drive to install it (sad face). Then i go and play a number of other games without any problem untill i picked up bio shock for the first time a few weeks ago (don't laugh at me). It worked fine for mabee the first half hour of game play, then i got a screen freeze and gues what =D 3 red rings that won't go away. Now that my xbox is past it's warranty of 1 year i'll have to pay $100 to send it in. Isn't that great? 

(Original Post)  ((srry i can't hyperlink it, i think its cuz im on opera))

http://www.giantbomb.com/xbox-360/60-20/how-many-times-has-your-360-died/35-2582/

Anyway, i was wondering if you send a special edition console in and they have to do repairs, will the xbox still be cosmeticaly special edition? I know they won't like ditch the shell or anything, but if they have to replace the disk drive, will the new one have a silver plate on the front of the drive instead of a gold plate? 

I gues this could be the same case if you're sending in a Red resedent evil Xbox or whatever, so let me know.  =D

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By iam3green

i would say that your safe with everything. i think that if they did replace anything it will just be the same thing. u will have your gold thing on the disc drive.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Wolverine
    @Drrizzit: They changed the warranty from 1 year to 3 years. Your fine, just call up Microsoft Customer Support.
    Drrizzit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Drrizzit
    @Wolverine: Are u sure? I had to call and register it because the online thing wasn't working with my serial number, and they said it was expired. That was like mabee 3 weeks ago.
    Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Wolverine
    @Drrizzit: I'm positive, they will fix it for free.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By kush

I would hope that they didn't change the components of SE X360s if they broke and had to be sent in...I know that if my red X360 broke and I didn't get a red X360 back, or something else along those lines happened, I would be very, very pissed.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Any system that gets RROD *3 red rings* E74 *3 red rings i believe as well* are covered under a 3 year warranty that starts upon the date of purchase it doesn't matter about registration as long as you keep your receipt to prove the date you purchased it.
    As well to make sure its on the up and up request when you request a repair that the SAME 360 is returned to you the halo 3 edition 360 so your bases are covered on getting a halo 3 edition back.

Drrizzit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Drrizzit
    @Kush: I know man I would be 2
    Drrizzit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Drrizzit
    @WilliamRLBaker: Dude ur an angel =D, i hope i have the receipt, if not i bet i can get a copy from best buy =DD
    skidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By skidd

Yeah, I actually got the same Halo edition too and was wondering the exact same thing. I asked a friend about it, he sent his special edition in and got it back no problem, so I think you'll be alright...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.