Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

After the new Dashboard, my Xbox takes a long time to shut down

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

My Xbox stays on for maybe 2-3 minutes after I power it down, then it shuts off by itself. Is this natural? The green power light glows while in this state, as if it's a computer in sleep mode.

getadogupya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By getadogupya

Have you recently enabled either Background Downloads or Cloud Saves? Both of these features sync unfinished downloads and saves when powering down the system. When they finish their business, the console powers down fully.

Mendelson9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Mendelson9

Also try turning it off when its not connected to the internet. It should turn off right away.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By BestUsernameEver

Like the comments above, it's most likely background downloading something, or just being overly slow receiving data before it's finished and ready to shut down.

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Daryl

It's probably a faulty power cable that's not disconnecting properly. Have you tried cleaning it at all recently? I recommend unplugging it and running it under hot water to clear out any dust/debris then give it another try.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Vinny_Says

That only happens to me when my wireless controller is plugged in. I don't know if you have the same problem. (This has been going on since before the update though)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.