Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Anybody here tech savvy?

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Vinchenzo

Posted a request on the PC forums but nobody has really looked at it. I assumed it might best to post there since it's more computer related but it does have to do with Xbox. If anyone knows about broadband routers (a Linksys) and the 360 port forwarding, among other things, I'd like you to reply here and I'll post the situation.

pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By pyromaniac

I am pretty handy with hardware stuff but I am kinda bad in the WLAN area...you might wanna take this to a tech exclusive forum or *gulp* gamespot

DarkLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By DarkLegend

I'm a hardware genius! XD

mandalore777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By mandalore777

actually i have a linksys network in my house  with a linksys wireless g gaming adapter for my 360 just pm me with your situation

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Vinchenzo

Well I'm going to put my situation here and PM you of it just so if you don't know others might...

Just to clarify, I have called Xbox and the broadband retail manufacturer multiple times and have obtained only partial help towards my goal. That goal is: smooth internet where I don't disconnect, and ability to access my Xbox 360 as an extender.

My set-up is the following: Modem, Computer and 360 all meet at the broadband router. The broadband router is a Wireless-G Linksys (Model: WRT54G2) which should be compatible out of the box, and it told me it was but I got numerous disconnections. Before I got this router I connected my 360 directly into the modem (taking out the ethernet cord of my computer with the one hooked in to my 360). I got this router to give other people in the house the ability to operate the internet with me on the Xbox, since a standard modem has one ethernet port.

Anyway, at first I had IP issues. I resolved this problem at making a static connection using:
    • IP Address : 192.168.1.250
    • Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0
    • Gateway : 192.168.1.1
    • DNS : 192.168.1.1

Which works perfectly fine. The only time it takes a bit to verify is on ICMB (sp?) but it still verifies, then when it reaches NAT it is stated as "Moderate." Along with this process I have forwarded multiple ports, but the main ports that I have saved is UDP 88, UDP/TCP 3074. I still get randomly kicked off the internet, and somewhere on my router it is blocking the ability to use 360 as an extender (which does not show up on my Network, nor in Windows Media Player --> Library --> Media Sharing).

I would like to know if I am missing ports, what ports to add, and any help would ultimately work. It would be best if you did not overly complicate it (I am terrible at this lingo), and please avoid linking other parts of the MS support website. I have tried a couple different options, but none of them are solid.
    Feel free to post if you have any solutions.
    OblivionGuy07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By OblivionGuy07

nah not really, but my friends say I am...which is probably just because I play videogames. They know nothing

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vinchenzo

Ya I'm bumping the post, what's it to you. (<--not aimed at anybody). :O

Neopezz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Neopezz

Theres always Portforward.com just find your router and pick an application to forward, just be sure to follow instructions.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vinchenzo
    Neopezz said:
    "Theres always Portforward.com just find your router and pick an application to forward, just be sure to follow instructions.
    "
    Very helpful, thanks much. Checking it out right now, has my exact router. If there's anything I can do for you just message me. Personal favors are nil, but I will let you be my friend. I'm a tough agent. Anyway, I'll look into it. Will check back with results.
    Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Malakhii

I'm tech savy enough to find the answers to all of my problems on google.

MAV3R1CK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MAV3R1CK

I'm a pretty hardcare tech savvy.

theycallmeryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By theycallmeryan

Nope lol.

mandalore777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mandalore777

have you checked your firewall? when i first started with my 360 on my wireless network I had to rework my firewall because it wouldn't let my 360 connect to the network

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By twenty0ne

I'm tech savvy...

GiantBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GiantBomber
    Vinchenzo said:
    "Neopezz said:
    "Theres always Portforward.com just find your router and pick an application to forward, just be sure to follow instructions.
    "
    Very helpful, thanks much. Checking it out right now, has my exact router. If there's anything I can do for you just message me. Personal favors are nil, but I will let you be my friend. I'm a tough agent. Anyway, I'll look into it. Will check back with results.
    "

Sniff Sniff.. I smell xbox 2 pc networking issues.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.