Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Buy 2, Get 1 Free!

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Edited By Xandurson

I was at GameStop last night and I intended to only trade in some games, renew my EGDE card, and buy a game. Well, I left with 3 games! I ended up getting $30 for 5 games (which is pretty good because 3 of them were old sports games) and I didn't renew my EDGE card because apparently it still has some months on it. Anyways, I told the guy I was gonna look around and I noticed the sign that Buy 2, Get 1 Free for used games and I asked the guy if it was seriously for everything. It seems every time I go to GameStop they have this deal. They want me to spend money!! Anyways, I used up my trade-in credit and only had to pay $3 out of my pocket for the following 3 games:

• Assassin's Creed - This was the one I inteneded on buying. I already borrowed this from a friend and beat it a while back but the Game Informer article on Assassin's Creed 2 made me want to play this again. I also wanted the rest of the achievements.
    • Burnout Paradise - This game I rented from GameFly once and didn't really play much of it. I decided to give it another whirl.
    • Crackdown - This is one of the first games I played when I got my 360. I really enjoyed when I rented it and I finally get to play it again. It has the Halo 3 beta pamphlet in it too. Where do I sign up?! lol

So that's what happens when I walk in to a GameStop. Thanks for reading.
      Until next time, it's Senior Skip Day!!
      -GamerGeek360
    Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Xandurson

I was at GameStop last night and I intended to only trade in some games, renew my EGDE card, and buy a game. Well, I left with 3 games! I ended up getting $30 for 5 games (which is pretty good because 3 of them were old sports games) and I didn't renew my EDGE card because apparently it still has some months on it. Anyways, I told the guy I was gonna look around and I noticed the sign that Buy 2, Get 1 Free for used games and I asked the guy if it was seriously for everything. It seems every time I go to GameStop they have this deal. They want me to spend money!! Anyways, I used up my trade-in credit and only had to pay $3 out of my pocket for the following 3 games:

• Assassin's Creed - This was the one I inteneded on buying. I already borrowed this from a friend and beat it a while back but the Game Informer article on Assassin's Creed 2 made me want to play this again. I also wanted the rest of the achievements.
    • Burnout Paradise - This game I rented from GameFly once and didn't really play much of it. I decided to give it another whirl.
    • Crackdown - This is one of the first games I played when I got my 360. I really enjoyed when I rented it and I finally get to play it again. It has the Halo 3 beta pamphlet in it too. Where do I sign up?! lol

So that's what happens when I walk in to a GameStop. Thanks for reading.
      Until next time, it's Senior Skip Day!!
      -GamerGeek360
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

Awesome game selection.  All three of those games kick ass.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike

The deals are awesome until you realize that Gamestop just gave you $30 credit for $300 worth of games...

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#4  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

Ah, Senior Skip Day. I remember that my girlfriend and I left school early and had some "fun" all afternoon. :) *sigh*

Anyway, excellent game choices!

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Xandurson

@sidescroller: The deals are awesome.

@JJOR64: Yes, yes they are.

@MB: Okay, I highly doubt 5 games are worth $300. But, okay.

@sidescroller: I trade there but that's because I know what to expect and I know the deals they have. If you trade one game in, it's pointless. If you trade multiple games in, it's worth it because you get extra trade in credit percentages for each game after the 3rd game.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By PureRok

I don't trade my games in. If I trade a game it's with another person one game for another. Beyond that, I only buy games and watch my collection grow.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By mike
    GamerGeek360 said:
    @MB: Okay, I highly doubt 5 games are worth $300. But, okay.
    If they were originally $59.99 each...that's $299.95 for five, unless we're talking about games that you picked up for $10 or $20 or something.
    Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Xandurson

@Sleepy_Insomniac: That sounds like "fun". lol

@PureRok: Yeah, I'm going into college so I want new games to play and the only way to get money for that is trade ins. Believe me, I would love to have my collection grow, but right now it's not gonna work.

@MB: Actually they were bought used at about $10 a piece.

Avatar image for masturbatingbear
    MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By MasturbatingBear
    Sleepy_Insomniac said:
    "Ah, Senior Skip Day. I remember that my girlfriend and I left school early and had some "fun" all afternoon. :) *sigh*Anyway, excellent game choices!"
    you are talking about sexual relations right? Don't mean to be rude but, are you an ass man?

cause he is^^

And yea those deals are the shit. I got tales of symphonia, true crime la, and soul calibur 2 there, spent a total of 30 dollars.
    SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Speaking of good game deals, bestbuy is going to have a bunch for $10 and newegg constantly has many for $10 (they swap them out though)

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By c1337us

That is a good trio of games for 30 dollars. I especially like Crackdown.

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Timma1083

Thats a great deal. Crackdown and Assassin's Creed are both great games, and I've only heard good things about Burnout Paradise. Man I need that game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.