Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Buying XBLA or Indie games on EU account (using US account)

aldo_q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By aldo_q

I live in the EU (The Netherlands to be precise) and a little while ago I finally decided to make a US account. Nothing at all to do with being jealous how much more nice stuff US people get (for less money! gasp) at all ;)

What I was curious about. If I download an XBLA game that isn't available in the EU (say.. Trenched) or Xbox Indie games which are completely not available in my region. Can I aside from play the demo on my EU account also safely buy them and then play them on my EU account? Or is Microsoft very strict on this and do I run the risk of my EU account being banned or something drastic like that?

(I just want to play Techno Kitten Adventure like Jeff did a few weeks ago damnit! :p)

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Bollard

I think you can play it with your EU account as long as the US one is still signed in (maybe with a 2nd controller?) 

Is that right? As for repercussions, who knows, MS can be jerks sometimes so... But I really doubt they'll punish you for that.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By mnzy

You can play them without problems, it's like your normal account bought them. 
    I guess it can get a little complicated when you use the "recover account" option because all these games are attached to the accounts that bought them.
    You can also buy DLC with different accounts, we have to do that here because Gears never came out so there is no DLC available.

For downloadspeed I would rather choose an UK account, though. And the Indie games are available in many countries, Germany would probably even better for you.

edit: Sometimes, content is locked by your IP, though. So we need to use VPN for the Gears DLC now for example, even on the US account.

ToxicAntidote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By ToxicAntidote

The content is signed to both profile and console, meaning that you can use any content downloaded on that console with any other profile. I've been thinking about getting Trenched via my US account also.

aldo_q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By aldo_q

So no risk that Microsoft would look down upon this and ban your account for it?

@mnzy: I originally made one to use Netflix. For that you also need a work around to go around. The easiest I found works through a DNS redirect. I'm not sure if it's legal to post about that stuff here however. But if your interested let me know through the mail system here. It's quite fast and takes minimal effort to use I found. Less hassle then a VPN.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.