Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Euro 360 price cut

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Gamer.tm is reporting that an industry insider has told them that Microsoft will announce a price cut for Europe next week that will bring the Arcade to £129.99, the 60GB to £169.99 and the elite to £229.99. That will mean that the 60GB console will be the same price as the wii, which will be an absolute bargain for anyone who hasn't got a 360 yet. The site says they don't know when the price cut will come into place, but speculates that it may be the friday after the announcement, which would be the 26th of september.

Source

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By crunchUK

oh shit that is dirt cheap. i feel like buying another 360 just cos it's so cheap XD

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By AaronBelfast

Thats a steal. I may make my move to 360 gaming! RRoD puts me off everytime thlough :(

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Virago

i heard about this; i don't think it's going to make a huge difference in sales.

EDIT: difference between x-box and wii. 
    Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx
    AaronBelfast said:
    "Thats a steal. I may make my move to 360 gaming! RRoD puts me off everytime thlough :("
    Same here...i think of buying another elite but the damn RRoD makes me not .
    But gears is so closeeeeeeeeeee i might take the risk =(
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By crunchUK

i think the 60gb ones are the "jasper" thingys amirite?

Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Riddler

nice

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    Virago said:
    "i heard about this; i don't think it's going to make a huge difference in sales.
    EDIT: difference between x-box and wii. 
    "
    I dunno. Its coming up to Christmas and money can be tight, some parents might buy their kids 360 arcades instead of wii's to save money. I doubt it'll seriously dent the wii's popularity, but it might have a small effect.
    DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By DrPepper1990
    Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "AaronBelfast said:
    "Thats a steal. I may make my move to 360 gaming! RRoD puts me off everytime thlough :("
    Same here...i think of buying another elite but the damn RRoD makes me not .
    But gears is so closeeeeeeeeeee i might take the risk =("

I took the risk lol, I bought mine a few day's ago and am having a blast with it. If it does RR, then I'll play my PS3 while I wait for Microsoft to fix it.

BTW, Gears of War is one of the best games I''ve ever played. I can't wait for the second installment, I have my Limited Edition version on pre order.
    DavidPalmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DavidPalmer

Aren't the new 360s stocking the shelves now though? I know they had made alterations to teh console to try to cut back on the amount of RRoDs they were getting. I thought they had pushed those all out to market by now.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    DavidPalmer said:
    "Aren't the new 360s stocking the shelves now though? I know they had made alterations to teh console to try to cut back on the amount of RRoDs they were getting. I thought they had pushed those all out to market by now."
    Yeah, I think the new jasper chipset went into consoles last month, so they should be out there, but there is no gaurentee that you'll get one with the new chipset, you might get one thats been sitting in the stores warehouse for a couple of months.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.