Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

has the shooter saturation made you not want to buy anything new

mugugipan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mugugipan

I have not looked forward to anything for the Xbox 360 for awhile. Not since I was 
    disappointed by Gears 2. It was a great game but I wanted the things that were promised. Like being in the middle of a several hundred Locusts (they were always really far) or getting to fight a Brumak (on foot) like in the PC game. It was a great game all in all but too much of the same.

Same goes with the stuff thats coming out now, Call of Duty MW 2 or Halo 3 ODST.
    Same ol same ol.

Make a decent 3D platformer. Make a new adventure game. Even most of the xbla games all involve guns or some kind of weapon.

So, anyways thats how I feel about it. I look at the vg charts and I see that most other people probably feel the same way as well. I rarely see a 360 game on the top ten. Its all ds games or wii games. 

John_Bender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By John_Bender

It's a genera that people like to play. With Mirrors Edge I feel that there maybe a slow evolution within the genera, but now I could see myself being bored with that sort of game. If people like shooter games and buy them, hopefully company's would try different ways to hock game players.
    There's a lot of thing that could be done. Hopefully they will be realized.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By iam3green

no, i always buy a new game. i haven't bought anything new recently but that is because there hasn't been anything good. a lot more people play shooters because they are made for casual people. it is easy to jump into the game play it and quit for a bit then come right back.  i've been playing dark sector for a while now, it's that and cod4. 

i didn't like gears of war all that much. i think a lot of people just over hyped the game. i bought one and i rented two. i liked two more then one. there were small differences like u rode a couple of vehicles.

RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By RawknRo11a

eh, kind of. Then again, so many good game have come out and I've hardly had time to play many of them so I'm playing catch up and playing some games I didn't play at release.

also really been enjoying the XBLA "summer of arcade". Splosion Man and Trials HD where a fun change of pace from the usual shoot-em-up fest

Avatar image for DELETE_chickenpants
    ChickenPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ChickenPants

I stopped seriously playing FPSs around Timesplitters 3 and Unreal 2004.They don't do much for me anymore unless I'm playing locally with friends.

tactis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By tactis

you know shooter saturation hasnt really been that bad there are plenty of games i own/owned/could own to satisfy my other needs:

Froza 2/ PGR/ every other racing game
    Vivia Pinata/Viva Pinata 2
    Kameo
    Oblivion
    Lost Odyssey
    Blue Dragon 
    Prince of Persia
     Mirrors's Edge
    Batman Arkham Asylum
    Mass Effect and Fallout 3(i dont consider them shooters imo if you disagree i understand)
    Overlord 1/Overlord 2(highly underrated games and pretty cool action adventure RPGS imo)
    Assassins Creed  
    Marval Ultimate Alliance
    Fable 2  
    edit: err cant believe I left out one my favorites Banjo: Nuts and Bolts!!!
    many of the XBLA games i have bought recently like splosion man, and monkey island arent shooters

upcoming not shooter games:
    Dragon Age Origins 
    Assasins Creed 2
    Froza 3
    Alpha Protocol(again see mass effect/fallout 3)
    Marval Ultimate Alliance 2

overall i think this generation has been fine obviously the most advertised and probably the most talked about games are shooters but there are plently of none shooter games on the market and more than enough imo to satisfy people's needs.

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

I haven't because my Summer was occupied nearly exclusively by Street Fighter and Persona 4, before that though, was starting to get really tired of them.

Here's to hoping Modern Warfare 2 is great.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Akeldama

MW 2 

nuff said

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By maxszy

Just more selective really. 

I would argue that MW2 isn't more of the same. It'll be similar of course, but I am pretty sure IW is going to be putting enough difference in it to make it a new experience.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Diamond

I don't think the amount of shooters has in any way effected my gaming decisions.

I plan on buying the games that seem to good to me this holiday (as always) and skipping those that don't seem as good.  That means buying Forza 3 but not NFS Shift or DIRT 2, buying Modern Warfare 2 and Halo 3 ODST but not Darkest of Days or Borderlands.

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bubahula

no i like shooters but im always lookin for new stuff,
    jag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jag

Shadow Complex, Prototype, Guitar Hero 5, Batman: AA, DiRT 2, BlazBlue, S'plosion man, UFC, Madden 10, Fight Night Round 4, X-men Wolverine, then you have stuff that aren't pure shooters like Ghostbusters and Red Faction. 

Over the past few months there's been a good mixture of genres. I just don't think you've been looking at anything other than shooters.
    FallenElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FallenElite
    @jag said:

" Shadow Complex, Prototype, Guitar Hero 5, Batman: AA, DiRT 2, BlazBlue, S'plosion man, UFC, Madden 10, Fight Night Round 4, X-men Wolverine, then you have stuff that aren't pure shooters like Ghostbusters and Red Faction.  Over the past few months there's been a good mixture of genres. I just don't think you've been looking at anything other than shooters. "

Wolfenstein was released recently but if you are talking about AAA shooters then you are right, there haven't really been any yet this year. MW2 will be the AAA shooter of the year.
    PSUDude66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PSUDude66

I have no desire to pick up/play a FPS until MW2 comes out.  I think there is only so much one can take.  I have no desire for the new Halo (which in my opinion is the most overrated game series in the history of videogames, but that's a whole other discussion for another time).  I did get and will get games of other genres, but FPS games are not on this list outside of MW2

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.