Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

My 360 Hard Drive... is dead.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By flaminghobo

Now I must play games without saving and I am unable to connect to XBOX Live and play with friends. Not only that, but I can't play my arcade games or gain access to any gamer pictures, themes, and avatar items I may have downloaded. However, Microsoft have agreed to give me a new hard drive for free, so I guess there is some kind of upside too all this. Still... all of my save games... gone. *Sniff*

Voxtrinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Voxtrinus

I think the loss of save games is worth the opportunity to play on Xbox Live and actually save your games again. :3

I feel your pain though.

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Pessh

Similar thing happened to me once, but when you really think about it, how many of those saves would you have gone back to. I bet you'd never play a lot of them again. Now you have an excuse to play all your games again.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By flaminghobo
    @Voxtrinus said:
    " I think the loss of save games is worth the opportunity to play on Xbox Live and actually save your games again. :3  I feel your pain though. "
    @Pessh said:
    " Similar thing happened to me once, but when you really think about it, how many of those saves would you have gone back to. I bet you'd never play a lot of them again. Now you have an excuse to play all your games again. "
    Yeah, I have made a pledge to play through all of my games at least once to regain my once great library of saves.
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By iam3green

i've had this happen before. i am still working on the games that i didn't beat yet. microsoft gave me a new hard drive but i had to argue with the guy since my warranty expired a week before it broke and i had E74 error also. this was like a year ago, it died some time in january.

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Daryl

At least they can't take away your achievements! 

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Diamond

What size HDD did you guys have that had their HDDs die?  Just curious (not saying one size is more likely to die than another).

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By flaminghobo
    @Diamond said:
    " What size HDD did you guys have that had their HDDs die?  Just curious (not saying one size is more likely to die than another). "
    It was a 120GB Hard Drive that was about 70GB full.
    sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By sopranosfan
    @Pessh said:
    " Similar thing happened to me once, but when you really think about it, how many of those saves would you have gone back to. I bet you'd never play a lot of them again. Now you have an excuse to play all your games again. "
    my 360 rrod and I decided not to retrieve all the info for 2 reasons.  1) if I don't replay it then I don't need to be wasting the space with a save. 2) it gave me an excuse to go back and replay certain games.
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Afroman269
    @FlamingHobo said:

" @Diamond said:

" What size HDD did you guys have that had their HDDs die?  Just curious (not saying one size is more likely to die than another). "
    It was a 120GB Hard Drive that was about 70GB full. "
    Ouch that must be a bummer. How do your HDD die? Do they just stop working?
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By flaminghobo
    @Afroman269 said:
    " @FlamingHobo said:

" @Diamond said:

It was a 120GB Hard Drive that was about 70GB full. "
    Ouch that must be a bummer. How do your HDD die? Do they just stop working? "
    I think that my connector was poorly built, and now it has become wonky. Unfortunately, I doubt Microsoft will repair that one part of the hard drive and instead give me a new one.
    dajonesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dajonesy

I'm worried about this happening to me. I have two xbox's (one upstairs, one downstairs) and I'm often moving the hard-drive between the two consoles (around 3 times a week). I think over time, the wear and tear of disconnecting and reconnecting it may make it unusable.

composite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By composite

Now's the perfect time to DIY a new hard drive. I'm rocking a 250 GB Western Digital for 60 CDN. I'll track down the tutorial I used if you want.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.