Netflix's instant watch feature on 360

#1 Posted by Wolverine (4281 posts) -

I really like this feature I can't wait to watch the Office on my tv for a change instead of my computer. Do any of you guys use netflix now and if you don't are you going to start using it because of this feature?

#2 Posted by Kenzo287 (722 posts) -

i might start using it when i get a 360. i really like this idea

#3 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -
Wolverine said:
"I really like this feature I can't wait to watch the Office on my tv for a change instead of my computer. Do any of you guys use netflix now and if you don't are you going to start using it because of this feature?"
You could just get Netflix to mail the DVD to your house, and watch it on your DVD player.
#4 Edited by Wolverine (4281 posts) -

Yeah but for TV shows it is a pain because I have to keep sending discs back and there are usually 4 discs a season.

#5 Posted by Batman (1016 posts) -

I might get it.  How much is it?  Because I'm already paying $25 a month for a Game Fly subscription.

#6 Posted by Wolverine (4281 posts) -

Hey Batman, the plans $9 and up work with xbox. You should check it out on netflix.com.

#7 Posted by Batman (1016 posts) -
Wolverine said:
"

Hey Batman, the plans $9 and up work with xbox. You should check it out on netflix.com.

"
$9?  That's reasonably affordable.  I'll check out the site.  Though I understand that the instant watch feature is only limited to certain movies and shows.
#8 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -
Wolverine said:
"Yeah but for TV shows it is a pain because I have to keep sending discs back and there are usually 4 discs a season."
Good point.
#9 Posted by MrRetep (81 posts) -

I have Netflix and cant wait to use this feature

#10 Posted by HairyMike87 (1016 posts) -

I might get it. Only if there a lot of things that I want to watch.

#11 Posted by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -

I brought my 360 for gaming. This does not really appeal to much to me.

#12 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

I'll let other people pay for the Netflix while I watch the free movies in their party. :D

#13 Posted by CodeMunki (65 posts) -

I can't wait to use this for TV shows.  There's quite a few series I never got around to watching and want to check out.  The Netflix disc service doesn't work well for TV shows.  The streaming service is perfect for it.

#14 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
Vinchenzo said:
"I'll let other people pay for the Netflix while I watch the free movies in their party. :D
"
Don't you all have to have it?
#15 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
SpikeSpiegel said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"I'll let other people pay for the Netflix while I watch the free movies in their party. :D
"
"
Don't believe so.
#16 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

Meh, just another feature I won't be using that has nothing to do with gaming.

#17 Posted by Jaconius (145 posts) -

Does anybody know what they plan to do in Canada? I know Netflix had a plan to expand to Canada but never got around to it, and with this new announcement, maybe they'll start it up in Canada.

Watching Beavers fight Moose to the death all day gets dull. I want to see it in HD. Granted, Netflix isn't in HD >___>

#18 Posted by Nibbz (203 posts) -

i may start when it comes to 360. a great new feature imo

#19 Posted by Gorillawhat (1259 posts) -

No ones clarified this to me, do you have to be a Netflix member to use this feature? 

#20 Edited by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -
Vinchenzo said:
"SpikeSpiegel said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"
"
Don't believe so.
"
I think the GBCAST said you had to all have the movie
#21 Posted by duxup (354 posts) -
Gorillawhat said:
"No ones clarified this to me, do you have to be a Netflix member to use this feature? "
YES.
#22 Posted by Wolverine (4281 posts) -
Gorillawhat said:
"No ones clarified this to me, do you have to be a Netflix member to use this feature? "

You have to be a gold member of xbox live and a member of netflix with a monthly fee of $8.99 or more a month.
#23 Posted by MsCortana (429 posts) -

Yeah, I will end up setting up an account with Netflix.  The ability to share movies will be great.

#24 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -
SpikeSpiegel said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"
"
I think you all must be a members to watch the movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.