Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

NXE's Party system.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Anyone looking forward to the new party system in the New Xbox Experience? I've just read about it over at sarcastic gamer, and the idea of getting a group of friends together, and being able to hop from game to game without needing to leave the party sounds really useful.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DoctorTran

Not... really.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By wefwefasdf
    MattyFTM said:
    "Anyone looking forward to the new party system in the New Xbox Experience? I've just read about it over at sarcastic gamer, and the idea of getting a group of friends together, and being able to hop from game to game without needing to leave the party sounds really useful."
    I concur! My friends and I switch games a lot and not having to leave and then form another party in another game will be very useful.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Jayge_

This is one of the only things about the NXE I've been looking forward to, actually.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By kush

I think it sounds great and I look forward to 8 player voice chat probably more than anything else.

Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Cleric

Absolutely.

This is probably the most useful feature NXE has to offer for me. I'm not really into the avatar thing, nor Netflix, so...

stucket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By stucket
    hexogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By hexogen
    stucket said:
    "

hmm....dashboard update...i dont feel like downloading it,i prefer the old one,new one is pretty useless for me since im in asia so i dont think netflix will work...any ideas how all the gamer pic /those dashboard designs we bought will become?it be like a waste of money

"
    Old gamerpics and themes will still work with the new dashboard.
    Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By Bennyishere
    stucket said:
    "

hmm....dashboard update...i dont feel like downloading it,i prefer the old one,new one is pretty useless for me since im in asia so i dont think netflix will work...any ideas how all the gamer pic /those dashboard designs we bought will become?it be like a waste of money

"
    Ah, the age old question that is constantly being asked over and over again. Gamerpics and themes still work. I just got NXE today and my Tomb Raider theme with Karima Adebibe still works.
    Haven't tried the party system, simply because I have like one Friend on my Friends list with NXE :( It looks very promising though.
    Yit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Yit

Eh, NXE seems the same old. I don't really see how it's different. It's the same functionality, except pretty. Like Macs.

hexogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By hexogen

Besides the party system, the only thing about the NXE I really care about is that it's apparently faster. The current dashboard is god awful when trying to do something while running games.

Protonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12  Edited By Protonguy

The party system sounds great.
    On the subject of the NXE in general, i dont mind how it looks (i like what i've seen) as long as it responds faster and lets me get to where i want to go quicker. The current UI is umm,,, well pretty dam crap to be honest. It's a slug, but then microsoft is only just now getting the idea that less is better, that people want fast response not more poorly coded memory slugged features. Hell it's now there phylosophy for Windows 7, it'll be great on live.

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By Bennyishere
    Hexogen said:
    "Besides the party system, the only thing about the NXE I really care about is that it's apparently faster. The current dashboard is god awful when trying to do something while running games."
    It's definitely a lot faster. It still has some hiccups, but there's an obvious improvement in speed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.