Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Racing gift for dad (xbox 360) recommendation

McPaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Hi Giant Bomb,

My Dad's birthday is soon and I would like to get him a racing gift. I know there are a few new games for the Xbox One but he has a 360.

He has played the Forza and F1 games to death.

All that I could find which seemed decent was Dirt 3 or Forza Horizon.

I am leaning towards Dirt 3 as Forza Horizon is open world and I think it has some sort of wacky narrative which I think will just confused my dad.

Alternatively the idea of a racing wheel has sprung to mind but have no idea which one to get and which 360 games support what?

What would GB recommend?

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By jaycrockett

Dirt 3 for sure, it's awesome. Unless you want to go more fantastical like Burnout or Need for Speed.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Forza Horizon doesn't have a narrative so much as it has a justification - as in, there's a racing festival going on, with lots of early 20 somethings and dubstep and people who can only be appreciated ironically. It's still a really good racing game, but they emphasize the racing part way more than the part where you can live out your dreams of having all the money and time in the world to tinker with car parts (via menus and instant gratification).

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Jeust

Test Driver Unlimited 2 seems good too. You have your own garage and house, that you decorate, and roam a large open world driving and competing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.