Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

So my 360 is schizofrenic and doesn't know it's an Xbox.

AlmostSwedish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AlmostSwedish

So yeah, I bought Far Cry 2 since I found it cheap. However, when I put it in the console som text is displayed that sayss omething along the lines of "please put this disc in an Xbox 360". Any ideas why? At first I thought I had somehow gotten an import copy, but the box says it's european alright.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

If it starts asking what feelings are Shoot it. 

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By ez123

Is the disc scratched up? Don't why about the message, that makes no sense but it just means the disc isn't working.

fourby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By fourby

I had that same problem with an old system that was failing. I don't remember if it was the disc or the system in that situation though.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By ReyGitano

@Centimani said:

I had that same problem with an old system that was failing. I don't remember if it was the disc or the system in that situation though.

I had the same problem and it happened on multiple discs back when my console was failing, though some more often than others.

AlmostSwedish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AlmostSwedish

@The_Laughing_Man: I don't know. Since the revolution is unavoidable I might as well get on it's good side, right?

@ez123: The game is new, and there are no noticable scratches as far as I can tell.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Skald

My old Xbox did that too. I think it was originally an error for when you put the game in the HD-DVD accessory, and somehow it got repurposed into doing whatever it's doing now.

That's just a theory though. All I can say for certain is that it's a weird error and (typically) a bad omen.

phish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By phish09

Yeah...it means your 360 is gonna die sooner or later. Mine started giving me that message with GTAIV shortly after it was released, luckily my 360 was still under warranty, so I had to send it in and had it back within a week. Your best bet is calling MS customer support and seeing what they can do for you.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MrKlorox

I had that happen with xbox1 discs that were so scratched up that the xbox couldn't read them as games, only as DVD movies. It just went right to the DVD video partition and told me it was a game that should only be used in xboxes. Does the same thing show up if you put the game into a DVD player?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.