Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Still Having Xbox 360 DRM Problems

Avatar image for aneternalenigma
    AnEternalEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AnEternalEnigma

I got my 4th Xbox 360 back from the repair center today. The first thing I did was try to re-license my content since they supposedly do the license transfer now at the repair center. I go to http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/account/postrepair.htm and follow all the directions. I decide to just try it out on one piece of content as to not waste my time if it didn't work. So I found my download of Rez HD and selected "Download Again". I sign out of Live and oops, it's still a trial game. I went through account recovery and cleared my HDD cache. I even deleted Rez HD from the HDD and actually re-downloaded it. Still nothing.

Like many others, I already did my once-a-year execution of the license migration (aka DRM) tool back in June because I was on my third console at that point.

Anyone else experience this problem? And if so, did you call the horrid 1-800-4-MY-XBOX about it?

Handicrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Handicrap

Come on, both calls I made to MS tech support were delightful for me. That will probably your only and best bet to get this sorted out.

Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Riddler

Its once a year. wait till next june.

gamerpigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By gamerpigeon

ive had the same problem , and have been putting it off as i dont really want to talk to microsoft on the phone as they are usless as far as ive heard,

let me know if you had any sucess with ringing them if thats what you might do

@Riddler ... Why should he or me have to wait a whole 10 months to play something we paid for and then through no fault of our own be put in a position were we are made to hold microsoft at ransom to have what is rightfully ours, once a year is stupid considering the failure rate of 360's .... im on my third, each time it has happaned ive thought of going to the PS3 , my PS2 is one from launch and is covered in dust and a bit battered tbh as it was one i had from a kid and it works perfectly still , its just not fair (gives off a pathetic teenage whine)

sorry i went on a rant there no hard feelings riddler : )

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Wolverine

It depends how important fixing it is to you, I had a similar problem and called 1-800-4MY-XBOX and they didn't really help much.

AnEternalEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AnEternalEnigma

UPDATE:

On 9/23, I called support about this. I spent 45 minutes on the phone and talked to three separate people. They got all my information and told me that my content would be licensed to my new console within 5-10 business days. The last person I talked to said they would call me on the 11th day to verify my licenses were moved.

Today (10/1) is business day #6. Still not re-licensed. We'll see.

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By xplodedd

relax, this stuff happens... and its biz. day 6...
    he said 5-10..

LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By LightYagami245

If that doesn't work, then you might just have to wait for one year. I hope that doesn't happen though.

AnEternalEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AnEternalEnigma
    xplodedd said:
    "relax, this stuff happens... and its biz. day 6...
    he said 5-10.."
    I thought I sounded pretty calm.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.