Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

The new update bricks the Ultimate Matrix trillogy HD DVDs

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Shadow

I tried to play the greatest movie ever only to be welcomed by a fat "Can't read disk" message even though it played perfectly only days ago.  I've been freaking out about this for the last half hour.  Then through a last ditch effort, I went into the HD DVD memory and deleted the surprisingly large amount of random data saved onto it.  To my surprise, it actually worked and am now watching Trinity and an agent jump across a rooftop while cops look onto them, flaberghasted.  I would wager your HD drive (if you have one) has those wierd files on it as well.  So delete them and watch the Matrix.  It's an awesome movie.  You don't need another reason.  Just do it.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

This post does nothing for me, aside from teasing me with the thought of buying a cheap 360 HD-DVD player and the Matrix Trilogy in the HD-DVD format. 

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Shadow

do it.  It's awesome and extremely cheap now.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By DoctorTran

Meh. I'll just wait for it to be on ze Bloo-Rays. Mainly because i decided around May/June... I was done buying HD-DVD... for good.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    DoctorTran said:
    "Meh. I'll just wait for it to be on ze Bloo-Rays. Mainly because i decided around May/June... I was done buying HD-DVD... for good."
    kay...why? exactly? not only are you geting them for cheaper then you ever could on blu ray before the cease of hd dvd production your geting them even cheaper now i mean super cheap, I picked up the matrix trilogy for 10 bux...
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By TwoOneFive

im just laughing my ass off that any of you morons actually bought that useless piece of crap. 

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DoctorTran
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    "DoctorTran said:
    "Meh. I'll just wait for it to be on ze Bloo-Rays. Mainly because i decided around May/June... I was done buying HD-DVD... for good."
    kay...why? exactly? not only are you geting them for cheaper then you ever could on blu ray before the cease of hd dvd production your geting them even cheaper now i mean super cheap, I picked up the matrix trilogy for 10 bux..."
    Because we only have one HD-DVD player in the house and that is the Xbox 360 HD-DVD Drive. Now getting the HD-DVD version would be a good thing to do... if we had a SA HD-DVD player in the living room, but since that's not the case.... If I wanted to watch it in the living room I'd have to haul all of the 360 stuff to my living room. And as I stated, I gave up on HD-DVD this summer/late spring. I'm done with it. I have a PS3 and I'd rather focus on getting Blu-Rays instead of a now dead format. I would rather take that 10-15 bucks and save it up so I can just get the Blu-Ray version. It all just comes down to preference I suppose. I can see your point of "Well it's cheaper you idiot!" but I'd rather just toss the money out on a version that... well... is supported.
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Emilio
    TwoOneFive said:
    "im just laughing my ass off that any of you morons actually bought that useless piece of crap. "
    Why?
    1. It plays HD movies
    2. It plays HD movies cheaper than Blu-Ray
    3. It still has a couple exclusives

I saw them being sold off for 30 bucks at Fry's but didn't have the extra dough to get one.
    DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DoctorTran
    Emilio said:
    "TwoOneFive said:
    "im just laughing my ass off that any of you morons actually bought that useless piece of crap. "
    Why?
    1. It plays HD movies
    2. It plays HD movies cheaper than Blu-Ray
    3. It still has a couple exclusives

I saw them being sold off for 30 bucks at Fry's but didn't have the extra dough to get one."
    They also mean you don't have to use the DVD Drive in the Xbox itself for DVD's...  which in turn extends it's life.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.