Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

two red ring?

leftyhijack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By leftyhijack

well its 1 in the morning and I notice my 2nd xbox (first had disk reading errors) was ungodly loud even in the dash. So I turn it off and and watch tv. 15 minutes later, I turn it on, Two red rings. I know it sucks. But I never had a red ring before. I always thought it was three quadrants of the circle lit up. This has two on the left side of the circle. I know four is a power failure, but what is two? Am I screwed either way? 

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Metroid545

i think in this case you are slightly more screwed as that means not only 1 but 2 lights aren't working. joy... -_- yeh the disk reading errors and the noise is a big tip off. Also my adive TAKE YOUR DISCS OUT and don't put em back. Red ringed xboxs will pretty much EAT your disc! I lost oblivion too my last red ring

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By m1k3

i think 2 is a cable connection error... i could be way off

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By jkz

Two is, according to microsoft, an overheating problem, although from what you described, that you just turned it on, that seems slightly odd. I'd assume its a hardware issue if you let the console cool and it still gives you them, likely an issue with the heat-sinks. 

Either way, MS Support Site has a section on it,  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907533

dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By dj

Jukezypoo is right, I had this problem a few months ago. Microsoft will easily repair it for free.

leftyhijack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By leftyhijack

Well I found that page about the two rings, and yes it is overheating. So I did what It told me and left my xbox off when I went to sleep. Came back at least 9 hours later, still doing it. It must be the heat sink. Right when the season of games comes about my xbox dies. Fortunately I have a best buy warranty, I can go there and replace like right now. I know Microsoft can fix it for free but I don't want to be without my Xbox for 4 weeks, good thing I found that thing. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.